Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 02-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
Charles Moreland

Sleep-6 hours...better than most

Rest day

18 hour fast
Charles Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
Charles Moreland

No Sleep

Yup, that's right. It's finals week and I had two huge papers due yesterday. Tuesday-wednesday saw no sleep. I was awake for about 30 hours before completing the papers and passing out.

TODAY

18+ hours of sleep

Oh man it felt wonderful. I ate a ton of ground beef before sleeping, woke up 10 hours later and ate 4 scrambled eggs with cheese and 6oz of turkey and went back to sleep for another 9ish hours. I feel like a champion right now.

I think despite everything I will keep today a rest day. I am going to try some OAHSs tonight and see how my wrists/shoulder is doing. Both feel relatively strong...but we'll see.

Update tonight.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
Charles Moreland

Sleep-10 hours skipped morning workout and class, felt good

17 hour fast

Fran 12:10

This is my first metcon since tendinitis a year ago. I feel like I could have and should have pushed harder, but it was an impromptu kind of thing. My roommate did it earlier today and convinced me to give it a shot.

I'm pleased with the strength in my tendon. Each week I've been getting more and confident with it.

Tested OAHS again last night. Only a short 5 second hold. Shoulder pain came back and now there is some strange pain on my left wrist. Going to hardcore massage and rehab for the next week.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
Charles Moreland

Sleep-10 hours

Woke up and felt like crap...pretty much like I got broadsided by a dump truck. This may or may not be from fran, but until I rule it out, I'm going to assume it was Fran.

Lots of tea, massage, and rest.

Unplanned fast until 4pm, about an 18 hour fast. Probably not the best thing considering my current state, but we didn't have any food in the house.

Forgot to track my OAC progress yesterday. My slow negative has gotten a lot more solid progressing into a 10 second slow negative. I still feel extremely weak at the bottom but 0-90 I can pretty much lockout whenever.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
Charles Moreland

sleep-shitty

So what felt like severe muscular and CNS fatigue turned out to be a virus of some sort. Had to go to the ER today because I experiencing "meningitis" like symptoms. They didn't think it was so that's a relief, however they also couldn't tell me what it was...because their labs were malfunctioning. Instead of running my tests later, they hyped me on anti-inflams and drugs and told me to wait until I could go to the Student Health Center tomorrow.

Been trying to sleep all day, but any sleep I get is not good resting sleep. Headache is down from an 8 out of 10 to a 3-4, but I need to take the drugs to suppress it.

Finals week is this week and I believe I have an exam tomorrow morning, which is simply not going to fly.

I think this entire week is now canceled training wise. Hopefully I feel better for my Texas excursion next week.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #16
Charles Moreland

sleep-as much as I can get all day

Skipped my final, going to have to skip finals for tomorrow as well. Not pleased about this but my symptoms worsened overnight. Doctors said it was a pretty bad case of the flu. I know I've never been hit by the flu this hard before.

I've lost weight, I can tell. Been forcing myself to eat as often as I can. I'll tell you what though, that 25 hour fast from yesterday felt like the easiest fast ever.

Anybody have suggestions for diet? Really all I've been able to consume is gatorade (hate it), grapes, clementines, and I ate what deli meat we had left. Tried eating almonds instead but that was NOT happening. No chicken soup around and my will to make food is non-existent. I have a hard time mustering the energy to get up and go to the bathroom...

Fever climbed to over 103 which explains my crazy chills and horrible sleep. Doc instructed me to alternate tylenol and ibuprofen every 2 hours. Been drinking chammomile with honey and lemon slices for my throat.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Steven Low
Super Moderator

http://www.performancemenu.com/forum...ead.php?t=3635
Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #18
jake oleander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
there was also a thread on this forum a little while ago on the flu being caused by vitamin D deficiency. im too lazy to search for it, but go ahead and get yourself an assload of vitamin d pills (you need thousands of units / day) and pop em like a pill fiend. hahhaa, get well man.
jake oleander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
Charles Moreland

Sleep - pretty much all god damn day

I feel pretty good now. Fever is diminishing well and my appetite is coming back. Still coughing my right lung out and over producing mucus like I'm some sort of factory, but oh well.

Thanks for the link Steve. I'm fairly certain I have a Vitamin D deficiency. Sun is a rare commodity in Rochester from October to about April, so I wouldn't be surprised. I've been saying for a long while that I would start supplementing...and I never did. This is probably a good push to get my ass in gear.

Thursday I may start some very light exercise. As for now, stretching and therapy. My body totally didn't heal properly from the Fran on friday. Really not pleased about that. My tendinitis elbow is hurting again. Hopefully a simple month of recovery is all it needs.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
Charles Moreland

Sleep-6.5 hours not shabby

Rest, of course. Headache still. Had a 4 hour critique (I'm an artist) and about 2 hours in my headache just started to get horrible. I was able to leave, came back and got some tylenol.

Just lots of stretching and massage today