Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 02-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #11
Dave Van Skike

I see.

I certainly hope this orthorexia isn't communicable...there's a lot going around.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
Patrick Yeung

Well, the biggest thing was that it was the guilt factor I think. It goes to talk about a 5 year old who would not eat an oreo because of the trans fat, and people feeling as if processed foods, and sugars were inherently evil.

Its when they took it to an extreme that it became an obesession. I was only kidding when saying we were suffering from something like this. Its more for those who have taken it to OCD proportions.
Patrick Yeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
Mike ODonnell

If someone wants to avoid sugars and processed foods for life....more power to them, their life to live how they want. If someone is upset because someone else doesn't want their brownies or girl scout cookies...they can get over it.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
If someone is upset because someone else doesn't want their brownies or girl scout cookies...they can get over it.
Hopefully they will forward me their boxes of Thin Mints before going over the edge.

DVS has a good point about putting Paleo people in the same camp as vegans (in some cases). I don't have a problem with anyone's dietary preferences as long as they don't hassle me about mine. However, I find myself much more tolerant of the group that consumes lots of meat and bacon than I do the leaf-eaters. I'm shallow that way.

I enjoy biscuits, gravy, mashed potatoes, and chicken fried steak too much to ever go straight Paleo. I can't trust a man who doesn't like CFS.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Scott Kustes

Gant, perhaps that's because there isn't a seriously vocal, militant contingent of Paleo eaters. Passionate, yes. But most of us keep to ourselves and are attacked for our eating habits as weirdos far more than we give our 2 cents on other people's habits. Frankly, I worry about myself, not what my coworkers are eating. But they sure worry about what I eat and when I eat, only a couple of them in a respectful manner.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
Enrique Billington

This is a serious disease. Every time I meet someone with it I get the urge to strangle them, so it's a mental disorder by proxy, infectious sociopathy. It's one thing to have a diet plan, it's another to be a vegan. They are the most pretentious people in the world. I believe that veganism it self, or eating vegetables period is a mental disorder. This is perverted behavior. No one likes vegetables from the get go, man is not mean to eat them, so cultures and people that have forced themselves to eat them are the most perverted and they must undergo involuntary behavioral correction, and stimulation if necessary.
Enrique Billington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique Billington View Post
I believe that veganism it self, or eating vegetables period is a mental disorder.
Not bad.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #18
Arien Malec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique Billington View Post
No one likes vegetables from the get go, man is not mean to eat them, so cultures and people that have forced themselves to eat them are the most perverted and they must undergo involuntary behavioral correction, and stimulation if necessary.
Forced sterilization for anyone who eats, has eaten, or thinks about eating vegetables.
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
Enrique Billington

^ And this is why I call cathletics my second home.
Enrique Billington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
Dave Van Skike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Malec View Post
Forced sterilization for anyone who eats, has eaten, or thinks about eating vegetables.

This is a good start.