Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
Pierre Auge

Steve,
not really meant to be "hard" so much as causing you to be - "Breathing like a locomotive."

Also being that you were meant to do this immediately after the 10x3 FS it's slightly less "hard" then it should have been but I'll give you this one as a freebie because of certain people waking from naps and the fact you have a life... I don't have that problem.

At least you didn't drop 70kg on yourself while doing heavy snatches today "ahem".

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #22
Steve Shafley

Well, it shows you how crappy my conditioning is.

I wouldn't have been as strenuous if I had slowed it down a bit. A circuit every 3 minutes would have been too easy. It took me 1:25 to do the first one, so, there is room to improve a la rest times.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #23
Pierre Auge

This next little one should be a light one for you.

For Time:
10 Hang Clean Shrug 135
20 Hang Clean High Pull 135
30 Hang Clean 135
40 Clean 135

Followed by ME - BS 4x4

I want you to give her shit on this one, set up 2 bars and as soon as you have the chipper done get onto your first set of BS. Rest however you please between sets but don't rest between the chipper and the first set of squats.

You're going to hate me! I hope whatever you do for a living doesn't involve the use of your hands....

Your going to need a couple of days rest after that one!

I use this point alot - many powerlifters wont make it around the block without getting in their car, but they can pick the damn car up.

I want you to be able to pick the car up and run with it.

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Old 04-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #24
Steve Shafley

Ug. That's going to be ugly. Hopefully I'll get it in tomorrow.

I'm thinking 375-405 for the back squat sets. Yech.

I've got two bars I can have set up. I wish I had some damn bumpers for the chipper.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #25
Steve Shafley

Really, Pierre, I've got good potential on all the work capacity stuff. It's maximal strength I struggle with the most. I used to be able to get into kick ass shape, conditioning-wise, for rugby in about 4-6 weeks.

This is actually just the kind of thing I need, to have me stumbling around and messing things up a bit.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #26
Pierre Auge

You should call Hi-Temp 1 (256) 383-5066 they are in Alabama, they regularly sell their collegiate bumpers for $0.92/pound but if you ask them if they have any overstock they sometimes give deals for as low as $0.82/pound...

just a thought

Last edited by Pierre Auge; 04-09-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: too much talking about me? WTF is that about?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #27
Steve Shafley

I can probably get some hitemp bumpers from a buddy nearby, if he's not using them.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #28
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Auge View Post
This next little one should be a light one for you.

For Time:
10 Hang Clean Shrug 135
20 Hang Clean High Pull 135
30 Hang Clean 135
40 Clean 135

Followed by ME - BS 4x4
I can see Pierre cuddling with his polar bear while typing this routine out while doing a mad scientist cackle......

Seriously though that is just pure evil on the hands and forearms. Yeesh!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #29
Steve Shafley

You can bet your ass that the time isn't going to be anything to brag about.

I am probably going to set up the squats with my SSB so I don't have to screw around with things as much.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #30
Pierre Auge

that works, yeah it should be a longish workout. But John Brookfield would be proud if you finish it!