Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
John Alston

Nice Jerks, man. You can handle that shit. I think you need to play heavy sometime to develop the speed - you need something to pull against!
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #12
Yuen Sohn

Quote:
Nice Jerks, man. You can handle that shit. I think you need to play heavy sometime to develop the speed - you need something to pull against!
Thanks! Perhaps the copious volume of poison gas in the room was, in reality, positively affecting my performance and mindset
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Yuen Sohn
This message has been deleted by Yuen Sohn.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #13
Elliot Royce

Yoon:

I might be joining you at the meet in April. It would be my first. Not sure yet....just getting to the point of getting the C&J down in basic form....not even really trying on the squat. We'll see how it goes with training over the next 2 months.

My coach will be there. Gary Valentine from Club Valentine in Wilton, CT. He's got the New England Master's records and is a great guy. You should say hello -- he's familiar with this site and CF.

I was excited this weekend because we managed to get my squat clean up from 60kg to 85kg, and on the last pull it was flying off the floor. Of course, I weigh 105kg so your numbers are pretty impressive in relation to me. Shows how much of it is technique.
Elliot Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #14
Yuen Sohn

Elliot: Fantastic! I hope to see you and the rest of Club Valentine at the Sablo.

I'm really looking forward to watching Gary lift. I believe at last year's Sablo, he edged local lifter Nick Curry by 1 kg to take first place ...with a 253 kg total! It should make for some pretty exciting competition this year.

Great going with the progress also. It really is a nice feeling when the barbell just shoots up...that's something I need to make happen more frequently!
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
John Alston

I see you jumping over 90 soon in your future - totalling 170+ in April I bet.
So you made it home ok. Good. I was chilled out. Super light day today - no LBH, just OHS, some snatch grip DL, abs.
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #16
Elliot Royce

When you take into account that Gary is 50 years old, it's even more impressive. He's also the nicest guy in the world and is spending two hours of his time with me on weekends. Amazing!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Yuen Sohn
Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Yuen Sohn
Old 02-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Yuen Sohn
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Yuen Sohn
Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #17
John Alston

Jeff has laid out quite a plan for you.
BUt what about steak? I had steak for breakfast! How much meat have you eaten lately?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #18
Elliot Royce

Good stuff...sounds like you're in capable hands. By the way, I will not be able to come to the meet in April as I'll be away on business. Next time, I hope!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Yuen Sohn
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Yuen Sohn
Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #19
John Alston

Burritoville! Effin' A!
Next time when the lady comes near the platform for a ball and you have 95kilos on your back, just go "ARRRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!" as if you were straining under the weight and about to die. Then continue set.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #20
Elliot Royce

Yoon: yes, I'll try for that one although I'll just be back from 2 months in Germany where I may not be able to lift. So maybe I'll just keep score or something. Gary Valentine is the host for that meet.

My story of the day was yesterday when I was in Equinox midtown (one of the only gyms to have an O lifting platform and bumpers). I had rejoined solely to use their O lifting equipment. There I was banging the weights around when a very peeved looking manager type came down and said, "Is everything alright? We've had some calls from upstairs on the noise." I just said, "that's because these are Olympic bumpers, they're meant to be dropped." He frowned and moved on. I guess they were meant for show or something!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Yuen Sohn