Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 03-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #1211
Derek Weaver

Weak. Sorry to hear you finally got the croup. It seems like a similar virus or other infection is getting people all over the country.

Rest up
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 AM   #1212
Derek Simonds

No doubt brother. Be good, take care of yourself. We know someone around here that didn't and ended up with pneumonia... You don't need that!

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #1213
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
No doubt brother. Be good, take care of yourself. We know someone around here that didn't and ended up with pneumonia... You don't need that!
Hey now. I was out of work for three weeks (23 days actually) and never walked more than the distance from parking lot to doctors office. That was the most workout discipline I've shown in ages.

But yeah. Whatever it is this year, it's real nasty. Rest and heal
Old 04-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #1214
Allen Yeh

Ugh still coughing, the amount of stuff is less but the frequency of the coughing seems to be about the same. People in the office must think I have the plague by now.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #1215
Derek Simonds

My wife was so bad I started calling her TB Tracy... She hated that, and Typhoid Tracy probably wasn't helping my cause any either.

I am sure your coworkers are wondering what in the hell is wrong with you of course that is probably not from the coughing.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #1216
Derek Weaver

Hah! TB Tracy. I wonder why she would have issues with that little "pet name". That's funny though.

Coworker all think I'm crazy since halfdome. Who hikes a mountain they're unfamiliar with at night with only one other person?

Allen: what are you taking if you don't mind my asking? As in OTC stuff. I figured out a couple combos that really helped during the day.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #1217
Allen Yeh

Nothing at all, I've been double dosing D so I'm at 10000 iu. C like it is going out of style. Probiotic yogurt every day as well to help with my stomach issues. I was taking Zyrctec for a bit because I thought it was allergy related at first but now I don't think so anymore. I'm due for a physical today so maybe the Dr. will have some insight.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #1218
Allen Yeh

Stomach thing:
Talked to the Dr. about the stomach thing at my physical yesterday and he thinks it's remnants of the norovirus. He told me to keep up with the kefir/yogurt thing and to also get some OTC probitic called Bacid and if my symptoms are still around after 2 weeks then we might need to reevaluate.

Coughing thing:
Bronchitis, he thinks, nothing to be done for it really some OTC stuf if I want to but he thinks it's pretty much runs it's course and I should stop coughing in the next week or so.

With both those being said I'm going to skip trining until next week. Walks...maybe messing around in my garage but that's about it.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #1219
Derek Simonds

Are you getting better? Tracy still coughs occasionally but feels mostly better. She is working out with her girls for the first time in a while today.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #1220
Allen Yeh

I'm still coughing a little bit but way less than I was. Still some stuff coming up as well but way less.

My stomach thing has seemed to cleared up completely. I can eat a meal and not feel sick afterwards.