Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #401
Allen Yeh

June 8, 2008
*no fast*

~5 miles of walking at the Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari, both of which were awesome!!!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #402
Allen Yeh

June 9, 2008
*no fast*

No workout today, didn't get all done with work until ~8 and was starving. Stretching/mobility stuff as possible throughout the day.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #403
Allen Yeh

June 10, 2008
*16.5 hour fast*

jump rope - 2 minutes

back extension - 12, 12, 12
squat - 10, 10, 10
swiss ball pushup plus - 10, 10, 10
hollow rocks - 10, 10, 10
side planks - 10L/R, 10L/R, 10L/R
(circuit done with no rest)

plate halos - 5kg x 10CL/CCL, 5kg x 10CL/CCL
elbow to instep - 5L/R
drop lunge - 6L/R

DB Complex - 25kg x 2 - 6 sets of 1 rep per set in 5 minutes
Deadlift + romanian deadlift + bent over row + hang power clean, front squat + push press
(started to irritate my forearmy so I cut this short)

As many rounds in 15 minutes:
5 pushups
10 squats
5 pushups
10 squats
3 laps in small pool (~20-30 seconds/lap)

Total: 5 rounds + 5 pushups, 10 squats, 5 pushups, 10 squats and 1/2 lap

Notes:
-workout at the hotel gym
-Not sure why the DB complex hurt, maybe I hsould have gone lighter, the high pulls and hang cleans definitely were less snappy after 4 rounds.
-metcon - this was fun, I experimented with burpees but thought better of jumping up on a wet pool tile deck. I partitioned the pushups and squats that way to keep it moving faster than 10 pushups and 20 squats. Swimming was a struggle after the first 3 rounds. I had a hard time catching my breath freestyle so I'd alternate between freestyle and breaststroke.

Last edited by Allen Yeh : 06-10-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added workout information
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #404
Allen Yeh

June 11, 2008
*no fast*

Left elbow/forearm realy tweaked today, I'm guessing I pushed the complex too hard. This is really frustrating. When I get back to the States I need to completely reevaluate my program to lay off the arm.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #405
Allen Yeh

June 12, 2008
*no fast*

Long day at work, no training. Probably a good thing since my right knee feels very tweaked from the workout on the 10th. I need to stop doing this "Ok it feels good now...let's go crazy" and then feeling bad for 2 days.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #406
Allen Yeh

June 13, 2008
*16.5 hour fast*

June 14, 2008
*no fast*
~5 miles of walking

June 15, 2008
*no fast*
Tried to do lots of stretching and mobility stuff on the plane

June 16, 2008
*17 hour fast*
Old 06-17-2008, 04:17 AM   #407
Allen Yeh

Back home and trying to figure out what I should do workouts and goal wise.

I'm opting towards fat loss since I feel rather limited in the strength arena with 2 injured parts at the moment. Currently my right knee has been hurting off and on for the last 2 and a half weeks. My left forearm/elbow has been hurting for over 2 months now. I have been trying to lay off of the arm but then I'd push it hard one week and be back to square one all over again.

I really should make a list of exercises of what won't hurt either of those 2 places. Then figure out where to go from there.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #408
Allen Yeh

June 17, 2008
*16.5 hour fast*

No workout

Notes: Left arm is hurting just picking things up around the house, great. Knee hurt all day long as well. Awesomeness. I passed out as soon as I got home from work yesterday for a few hours. This time zone thing is really kicking my butt.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:21 AM   #409
Allen Yeh

I've started to compile my list of what I can and shouldn't do(not can't damnit!). Today when I hit the gym I'll test a few things out without pushing it too hard. I'd really like to be able to do some kind of pullup variation but if it hurts too much that will be a no go.

So far tentatively this is what I have down as a template is concerned:

Warmup (pick 2 to 3 out of the below every workout, for example today I might go with movement prep, lower body joint mobility stuff and diesel crew shoulder rehab to work out some sitting on the plane kinks)
-movement prep
-lower body joint mobility stuff
-diesel crew shoulder rehab (I've been seriously slacking and I can notice a difference)
-gymnastics warmup (this will be limited to core work and a few other things as most other stuff on parallattes...etc hurt my arm)
-neck strengthening stuff
-foot mobility

Strength - 3-5 sets of 1-3 reps of 3 movements with 1 minute rest between each movement cycling between each. What does Dan John say all the time "I stopped doing it because it works." Last year I had a pretty steady thing going by using this method that Robb outlined in his Fighter Prep article. Right now I know I can definitely do Ring dips, as for the other 2 movements I'm not sure yet.

Metcon or Complex training:
This will be tricky with my arm not liking a lot of movements nowawadays and even using the dumbbells when I was away didn't seem to help, if anything I pushed it too hard. Also it's tricky as going overboard on running/squats is out with my knee. Any suggestions here would be good.

Cardio (I know I know I hate the word but not sure how else to phrase this)
Rowing (hopefully I'm able to do this without too much pain, I'll find out today for sure.)
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #410
Allen Yeh

June 18, 2008
*no fast*

Long day at work, no workout.