Allen Yeh

October 7, 2008
*no fast*
*only 4 hours of sleep*

1. WU
Dot drill
DROM WU - 10 all movements
OHS - 45 x 10
pullups - 7 (3 dead hang, 4 kipped, kipped hurt my arm a bit)
dips - 10
GHD situp - 10
back extensions - 10

2. Strength
Burgener WU - 45 x 1
tall clean - 45 x 3, 95 x 2, 135 x 1

power clean - bar over the 2nd eyelet of Oly shoes, slow 1st pull - 135 x 3, 155 x 3, 175 x 3, 185 x 3, 190 x 3 (2nd and 3rd rep I caught it very wide)
(2-3 minute rest between each work set)

snatch grip PP + OHS - 135 x 3, 135 x 2, 185 x 1, 205 x 1, 215 x PP but lost it at the bottom
(1 minute rest between each work set)

pullup - 9, 3 (shoulders making crazy grinding noises?????)
glide kip - 10, 10
neck bridge - 10F/B, 10F/B

3. KB Stuff
OALC C+J - 35# kb - 8 minutes total - switching hands every 2 minutes - 19L, 17 R, 17L, 16R

Notes:
-Dot drill courtesy of Octobers PM article, I improvised by trying to aim for the same spots every time.
-power clean - staying at 190
-pullup- shoulders were noisy today, no pain just weird noises
-OALC C+J - Using Shaf's suggestion I went from 1 to 2 minutes per hand and it was a bit different than switching on the minute.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #562
Derek Simonds

Your OALC stuff is looking good. I didn't have a timer so I switched on 10 reps and went to 7:35 I think for 80 reps total. My forearms were getting pretty toasty by the time I got to the last set. I was planning on going to 10 minutes this week with switching on the 1's. I don't think I am ready for switching on the 2's.

Your workouts are looking good.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 AM   #563
Allen Yeh

Thanks, the workouts are feeling good, not seeing much progress on the scale but looking in the mirror I can see a difference between August and now. Right now I'm starting to push my forearm again testing different movements I've been avoiding.

The LC is interesting, it's a different type of conditioning than CF type metcons that is for sure. The 24kg KB still kicks my ass all over the place, no way I could do more than 1 minute/hand. Go for the 2's! Your reps per minute will drop a little but the training effect is a bit different.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #564
Allen Yeh

October 8, 2008
*15 hour fast*

1. WU
Dot drill
elbow to instep - 4L/R
lateral lunge w/ drop lunge - 6L/R
inverted hamstring backward - 10L/R
reverse lunge w/ lateral flexion - 10L/R

2. Strength
Burgener WU - 45 x 1
power snatch + OHS + Sotts press - 45 x 2(1+1+1), 75 x 2 (1+1+1), 95 x 1
(rest - 1 minute)

3 position snatch - high hang, hang, floor - 95 x 1, 95 x 1, 95 x 1
(rest - 2 minutes)

snatch - 145 x 1 (EASY), 155 x 0 + 0 (the bar was too forward when I caught it on both attempts)
(rest - 2 minutes)

Zercher squat - 155 x 3, 195 x 3, 245 x 2(PR), 245 x 1
(rest - 1.5-2 minutes)

Pendlay row - 145 x 5, 175 x 5, 195 x 5, 205 x 5, 210 x 5
(rest - 1.5 minutes)

decline DB press - 75 x 8, 85 x 7, 85 x 4
alternating DB curl - 30 x 10, 30 x 5(isometric hold), 30 x 3(isometric hold)
(superset with full rest - 0:45)

Pallof press - 60 x 12L/R, 70 x 12L/R, 70 x 12L/R
back extension - hands across chest x 15, hands behind head x 15, hands behind head x 15
(superset with no rest)

Notes:
-Dot drill courtesy of Octobers PM article, felt way better today
-3 pos snatch - These felt a bit awkward and as usual it felt better from the high hang than off the floor, I need to work these in slowly again the last time I snatched heavy that was light technique stuff was March?
-snatch - I'm actually pretty happy I hit 145 and it felt supremely easy, 155 went up but I was catching it a bit to the front so I couldn't hold it
-Zercher squats - I've never actually loaded these up very heavily, I was originally intending on doing back squats but Dave VS's posts about ZXerchers made me want to give it a go. Talk about tough, the 2nd set of 245 was horrible, aimed for 3 did 1.
-Pendlay rows - 210 felt nice today, decided to move up after the 205 set felt easy
-DB curls - the isometric hold was way tougher than just doing straight sets
-Metcon - None today as this workout ran a little longer than most at 1:20 total
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #565
Derek Simonds

One word Zerchers! I actually have light Z's on the menu for tomorrow.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #566
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
One word Zerchers! I actually have light Z's on the menu for tomorrow.
Go heavy!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #567
Allen Yeh

October 9, 2008
*15 hour fast*

1. WU
DROM WU - 10 all movements
wide neutral grip pullups - 5
dips - 10
GHD situp - 10
back extensions + GHR - 5

2. Strength
Burgener WU - 45 x 1
clean and push jerks - 45 x 3, 95 x 2, 145 x 1, 195 x 1 + clean missed jerk,
clean and split jerk - 195 x 2, 195 x 1 + clean missed jerk
(rest - 1-2 minutes)

clean pulls - 195 x 3, 245 x 3, 245 x 2, 245 x 3
(rest - 1 minute)

front squat - 195 x 3, 215 x 3, 225 x 3, 225 x 2(stuck in hole on 3rd), 195 x 3
(rest - 1 - 2 minutes)

rack jerk - 145 x 1 (left elbow felt WEIRD), 95 x 3, 95 x 3(focused on keeping scap retracted and elbow weirdness went away), 145 x 3

3. Metcon
Pullups on the minute, increasing reps as time increases, i.e. 1 first minute, 2 second minute...etc

Results: 7 minutes - elbow started aching on the 4 set, but I stupidly thought I should push through it, it was screaming by the 7th minute.

Notes:
-First real cleaning session since my forearm sidelined me. Felt good overall
-C+J - first time really c+j'ing in months, the cleans actually felt pretty decent I guess due to all the power cleans I've been doing recently, the jerks felt off, I need to decrease the weight a little and do more doubles/triples I think
-clean pulls - way easy, focused on keeping good positioning and not turning it into a deadlift+shrug
-front squat - The 2nd set of 225 I just got stuck in the hole, I think I'll stick with either 5 sets of 3 or 3 of 3 around this weight for the next few weeks. I really want to up my front squat, maybe a trip down 10 x 3 is in order? I'll investigate and figure this out by next week
-rack jerk - a glaring weakness is my jerk, always has been, and not working it for months didn't help it out any, need to work up my volume a little bit as doing 1 heavier one just wears me out
-Pullup on the minute - This was just stupid, I haven't done kipping pullups in months coupled with the fact that I haven't done that many reps in months either, so my elbow started hurting after the 3rd or 4th set and the 7th set was enough. STUPID!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #568
Allen Yeh

October 10, 2008
*no fast*

Kind of a lazy day, lots of foam rolling and triggerpoint stuff with my theracane and ~2 miles of walking back and forth to the local shopping center with Connor.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #569
Derek Weaver

How's the elbow feel today Allen?
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #570
Allen Yeh

October 11, 2008
*no fast*

~2+ miles roundtrip from farmers market, not much else, helped a friend move into his new house.

October 12, 2008
*no fast*

Not much at all today mostly spent the day at the mall with Connor and Hunter at the Star Wars: Clone Wars exhibit going on. Fun stuff. Went to a local park and walked around with them afterwards.