Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Flexibility, Training Preparation & Recovery

Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Jon Brody

Default Vicious Core WO ---> Stomach FUBAR

Any correlation between doing a really intense core workout and then an onset of stomach issues? I did a core workout on Tuesday I felt was very intense, and in the time since I haven't been terribly sore, my obliques aside....however, in the ~48hours since, my stomach has just been really..."unsettled"....kinda knotty and slightly queasy and I'm having to run to the b-room constantly.

Wondering if it's simply coincidence and I have some mild stomach bug, or if you bite off more than you can chew in a core workout this can be a result....I had a day off yesterday and am jonesing to do a metcon tonight, but if this is a sign that I overworked myself and need to chill I wanna try to restrain myself....
Jon Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Jon Brody

Update -- I took some pepto, drank a large bottle of electrolyte-infused water, a greens supp and hauled ass to the gym....did my metcon, felt OK, and post-WO my stomach actually feels significantly better....FWIW....
Jon Brody is offline   Reply With Quote