Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 05-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
Milly Williams

Default May 15, 2009

Five rounds for time of:
42 pound Power clean, 21 reps
12 Handstand push-ups (attempts and negatives)
25 min
I was sooo beat toward the middle of this workout. I was trying to catch my breath before starting the handstand push ups. I am getting much better at the handstand part. I am able to hold it for 10 secs or so and in some attempts I was able to do a negative with 2 abmats under my head. Can't wait to do a handstand with no abmats. I'm getting there.
Milly Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #22
Milly Williams

Default May 16, 2009

AMRAP 20 mins
47 pound barbell Thruster, 7 reps
Pull-up 7 reps (red band)
6 rounds
The pull ups were supposed to be weighted pull ups, but I'm barely able to do a kip without the red band. Not ready to add weight yet. I am close to doing a kip though. I tried a few times and my face was half way above the bar. I just need a few more inches until I am completely above the bar. I am pretty excited about some of my accomplishments this week. I was able to do some negative hand stand push ups and I'm on my way to getting off the band all together for pull ups. Every week I have some PR or accomplishment. I also added 5 lbs this time. I usually do 42 lb thrusters. I love crossfit. I'm addicted to it! This workout sucked though. My reps turned into singles pretty quickly.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #23
Milly Williams

Default May 19, 2009

Back squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps
75 80 85 90 95PR
I have come a long way from a max rep of 75 lbs. The 95 lbs was quite heavy, but I made it. My goal is to go over 100 lbs and possibly hit my body weight in the near future.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #24
Milly Williams

Default May 20, 2009

Today I did some real Navy pt. I actually feel sore and may be crippled tomorrow. Our pt consisted of running a little over a 1/4 mile and stopping at a station where you did pull ups, push ups, flutter kicks, or "burpees" (Which are not the real burpees I know of. There were no push ups involved.) for 2 mins. We ran about 2 miles total. I actually almost did a dead hang pull up today. My face was half way above the bar. The rest of the pull ups were assisted. Someone starting holding my feet. Arghhhhh! Can't wait to do them all unassisted. These are the kind of pt days we should have every day.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #25
Milly Williams

Default May 21, 2009

3 rounds for time of:
Walking Lunge, 100 ft
50 Squats
25 Hip Extensions
14 min 22 sec
This was a rough one. I was hurting after my first walking lunge set. The hardest part was the squats. I breezed right through the hip extensions. Toward the end, I felt like my quads were going to give out on me. For some reason I thought I had finished it in 10 mins or less. That will be my goal next time.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #26
Milly Williams

Default May 25, 2009

21-15-9
Wall Balls 12#
Box Jumps
Push Press 45#
Burpees
SDLHP 42#
Our group finished in about 21 mins, but I only completed the first 21 reps of the wod.

I was hyper-ventilating half way through. I felt sick and thought I was going to black out. I had no breaks being that I was the weakest link and everyone was done before I was finished with my 21 reps. My back also started to hurt after I finished the SDLHP's. For some odd reason I also had a sharp pain in my shoulder. I was all kinds of fucked up during this wod. I have never quit anything since I started CF. I just couldn't go on. I was among a group that was way more advanced than I am and they breezed right through everything while I was still hyper-ventilating. It may have been a lack of hydration or a lack of protein lately. I'm not sure. Maybe I didn't scale this down properly. I surely didn't have any alcohol this weekend. That is what someone asked me, but the best way to describe how I felt was hung over, weak, and tired. I am going to drink water the rest of today and hope to redeem myself tomorrow with my own self pt. It will be some sort of running wod. Today is definitely a huge disappointment. I'm about to take some tylenol and hydrate. I feel the same pain I did months ago when I completely through out my back lifting something improperly. I'm sure toward the end of the 21 reps my back was not locked while doing the SDLHP's.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #27
Chris H Laing

Yea, lots of us 'round these parts avoid the SDHP. Causes nothing but problems. Congrats on all the PR's lately! Thats some strong work. And dont let one bad day get you down, most likely your body is telling you to take a break, no doubt due to all the PR's
Old 05-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
Milly Williams

Default May 27, 2009

Ran about 0.6 miles to the beach and did wheel barrels, crab walks, frog jumps, low crawls, bear crawls, sprints, sit ups, and flutter kicks. Then ran 0.6 miles back.

I felt pretty good throughout this workout.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #29
Milly Williams

Default That's one way to look at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H Laing View Post
Yea, lots of us 'round these parts avoid the SDHP. Causes nothing but problems. Congrats on all the PR's lately! Thats some strong work. And dont let one bad day get you down, most likely your body is telling you to take a break, no doubt due to all the PR's
I'm definitely taking a break. I have been extremely tired lately. I will be back and running tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #30
Milly Williams

Default May 29, 2009

Three rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
25 Wall Balls (10 lbs)
14 min 47 sec
This was a rough one. These are two of my most hated exercises. I got an instant headache toward the end of it and my body felt like it was on fire.