Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 01-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Jeff_Dale

Default Jeff_D's Training Log

Increased strength and mass here I come:
Starting #'s
1x squat=216
1x press=125
x1 D.Lift=325
x1 bench=200
x1 row=150

Did 2 weeks of squat only incorporating WOD's too.
Now I am going to a strength regime only. I'm in the 3rd week now and will begin to push the envelope now as I will be going harder than ever before and lift more than I ever have before. I don't know if I can keep up with the programs pace but will tinker with it if I run into issues. I'm a bit nervous...

2007-29-1(week3day1)
5x5 squat 95,120,140,165,185(3525lbs)
"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
-Henry Rollins
Jeff_Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Jeff_Dale

2007-01-30(rest)
2000m row
L-sit 10sec.x3
knees to elbows 10,7,8
vertical leap test=23" up from 18" 11/06
"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
-Henry Rollins
Old 01-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Jeff_Dale

2007-1-31(week3day2)
4x5 squats=95,115,140,140
5x5 press =70,80,95,110
4x5 DL =165,195,230,265

WARM UP-
2000m row

SQUATS- felt heavy on 5th rep of last two sets. Getting strange pin point pain in inner left knee at joint. Maybe knees are extending to far over toes? I can recreate pain with air squats when I push knees out too far. I'll try not pushing knees out so much and concentrate on keeping knees from extending over toes too much.

PRESS-felt fine- no issues

DL- got heavy on last set, switched to alternate grip for last 4 reps. feeling same pain in left knee during dl too, less apparent though.

Stretched the hamstrings afterwards. My lower back still wants to round a little at the bottom of the squat.
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Jeff_Dale

RESTDAY
Worked on snatch, snatch catch, overhead squat, front squat and Sott's press form.

I created a .xls template for PM Mass regime. If you'd like a copy, send me a pm and the email address you'd like it sent to.
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Jeff_Dale

**************DAY 1 OF PM MASS PROGRAM*************
WEEK1DAY1
warm up= 1k row and shoulder work with band.

FRONT SQUAT- Prescribed as 60% of clean. My clean is weak, 155. so that means I'm only supposed to front squat 95 lbs. That felt like a warm-up set, so I increased percentage to 70% which put me at 105 lbs.

STANDING PRESS-Prescribed as 60% of press. My 1RM press is 125, so that put me at 75 lbs. That felt light to but I went ahead and used that weight for all 6x6. Should I be struggling in the last set of the 6x6. I know I'm new to lifting but shouldn't I be lifting heavier if I wanna grow??

WEIGHTED CHINS-Prescribed as 60% of my 1RM weighted pull-up. My 1RM is 55, so that put me at 33 lbs. I can barely do 3, let alone 6x6. Decreased by 1/2 to 15 lbs and was able to kip the last set and finish. That percentage didn't seem to translate well to the chins.

ABS/BACK- Did hanging leg raises 12,12,12,9 and good mornings with 45lb plate 15,15,15,15. I need a GHD...
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
Jeff_Dale

SAT/SUN OFF DAYS
SAT-Did some snatch work and overhead squat stuff.
SUN-Took kid to park and did some pull-ups, single leg squats, dips, box type jumps 38", general monkeying around...While at the park I discovered I can dunk a tennis ball again, I haven't done that for atleast 10 years!! Vertical leap is about 26 inches and getting larger every month.
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
Jeff_Dale

Front Squat: 109 6 x 6
Standing Press: 75 6 x 6
Weighted Chins: 12.5 6 x 6
Abs-Back Circuit hanging leg raises 12,10 knees/elbows 10,8
good mornings/romanian DL 75lbs.
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
Jeff_Dale

WEEK1DAY3 07/02/07
1k row warm-up
Push Press: 94 6 X 6
L-pull-up: 15 6 X 6
Abs-Back Circuit
romanian dl (45lbs)25,25,25,25
hanging leg raises 12,12,11,8
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #9
Jeff_Dale

Week1Day5 07-02-09
Deadlift High-pull: 124 6X6

Push-Pull Circuit 5 pull-ups/10 ring push-ups 10 min.
lasted 3 rounds with ring push-ups then it was back to regular push-ups for the remainder of the rounds. Completed 11 rounds
55 pull-ups
30 ring push-ups
80 reg. push-ups

Abs-Back Circuit-hanging leg raises only, hamstrings or sore from doing romanian dl for back work. I did stretching instead of back work.
-Henry Rollins
Old 02-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
Jeff_Dale

WEEK2DAY1 MONDAY 07/02/12

Front Squat: 115 6 x 6
Standing Press: 80 6 x 6
Weighted Chins: 13lbs. 7,6,7,7,6,6
Abs-Back Circuit hanging leg raises,12,12,10,10
romanian DL 15,15,15,15
-Henry Rollins