Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #241
Brian Stone

Sun Dec 12
No workout.

Mon Dec 13
No obvious signs but still low energy from the cold I'm getting over. The Vit D didn't kill it but it def. seemed to help.

Skipped Judo as I hurt my neck at the seminar on Saturday. Been slowly getting better. Can't turn my head too far in either direction.

Gym - 20 mins elpitical.
1.5k C2 row.

Was going to do some lifting between those but was really feeling the low energy, so didn't push it.

Tue Dec 14
4 or 5 sets of 32 push-ups. Some light cardio stuff - not too much.

log
Brian Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #242
Brian Stone

Wed Dec 15
Judo 90 mins. Really active class - lots of randori. Great class!
Did a lot of walking otherwise - ended up w/ probably 5 miles at least.

log
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #243
Brian Stone

Thu Dec 16
Quick W/U

Standing overhead press. Worked lighter weights and higher reps to rehab shoulders. They're starting to come around. Worked up to about 105# or so in increments of 10#.

Did sets up chins in between with various grips. Started out at about 8 / set and trended downward from there. My pull-ups are awful right now.

Worked some standing barbell curls. A few sets 60# and 70# x8-10 reps.

Eliptical 20 mins, pretty high resistance.

Bodyweight: 215# or so

Fri Dec 17
Quick W/U

FS: 45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5, 185x3

Did some BP work and push-ups for rehab. Worked up to about 125x8 x 2 sets on the bench and did sets of 25-30 push-ups.

TBDL: 135x8, 225x5, 295x3, 335x2, 365x3, 295x5 (explosive)

A couple sets of hammer curlz.

Eliptical 10 mins.

I'm beat!

log
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #244
Brian Stone

Been off the forums for a few months. Been doing a strength cycle but logging everything by hand. Will try to back-update this for posterity and consistency when I have the time. Made some decent progress in some areas and not much in others, but overall happy with the cycle. Currently sitting at about 230# with probably slightly higher BF than at 215, so strength cycle has been pretty good to me.

log
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #245
Brian Stone

<temp empty for later editing>

log
Old 03-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #246
Brian Stone

empty for later editing

log
Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #247
Brian Stone

STARTED CREATINE @ 5g/day. In the past I haven't had a lot of success with it, but coming off of a pretty productive cycle and changing up my diet a bit, I'm interested to see how things go.

Mon Mar 7
Quick W/U

DB Rows (R/L): worked up to 130#x5,6,6, 120x5

DL (conventional): worked up to 375x4, 315x5
This is the one lift I'm going to really focus on going forward. It's the one area where I haven't made much progress, although i have built back up into my original PR range.

Eliptical intervals for 12 mins

log
Old 03-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #248
Brian Stone

Tue Mar 8
Energy level was a little low today. Was struggling with the BP stuff. Probably was not 100% recovered from last chest day either. No more chest targeted stuff until next Monday at least.

BP (Nautilus): Been doing this in place of traditional BP, unfortunately, as it's a lot kinder to my shoulders, which have been getting better. These #'s are not representative of what I could put up on free bench, though (I'm in lowish 200's for free):
Worked up to 340x3,2, 320x3, 270x6
Not a good night.

Several sets of pull-ups in between. varying grips, mostly 5's.
DB Shrugs: 130#x12x3
Push-ups: 25-25-22

log
Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #249
Brian Stone

Wed Mar 9
W/U

Treadmill running. About 4 miles in roughly 32 mins. Energy level was too low - wanted to get a 10k but didn't want to kill myself to get there.

Thu Mar 10

Rest.

Fri Mar 11

DB Snatch (R/L): 60#x5, 80x5, 100x5, 110x3,2,2,1,F (wanted 10 per arm but could only hack 8), 100x3
Still felt good about this.

Curlz: (standing, 2 hands): 105#x7,6,6 (think this is a PR, but I don't really do these terribly often. Trying to supplement back work)

Sprints for about 15 mins, from walking to a 1.5-2 mins at 10-11.5 mph intervals.

Good night.

BW: 225, give or take a couple

log
Old 03-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #250
Brian Stone

Sat Mar 12
Morning workout. Not usually my forte and I was a bit worried about energy going in, but I felt great once I got started.

Press: Worked up to 145x3,3,2, 115x5. This was a gradual step-up as I haven't pressed in a long time and wasn't sure how the shoulders would take it. Felt good.

Pull-ups (palms out): 8,8,7,6

Leg Press: Worked up gradually to 540x8x2 or so, but again small steps. No squatting as my knees and back were sore from snatches.

Eliptical: intervals for 10 mins

Sun Mar 13
Will be a rest day

log