Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Fitness, Strength & CrossFit

Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Greg Battaglia

Default Confirmed: Power-bias training carries over to endurance!

For the past few months I've been doing Crossfit with a strong power/strength bias. I usually do a P-lifting or O-lifting workout before each Crossfit mainsite WOD, which I scale down a bit to avoid over training.

I decided to run a 5K this morning for a fundraiser being held at my school and figured I'd just go in and give it a go and do my best, thinking I would be easily beaten by my peers who are mostly endurance athletes. MUCH to my surprise I ended up coming in 1st place after doing NO running or any type of "endurance" training for several months. My time was 19:57. I couldn't believe that I won, I thought that I must have gone the wrong way and taken a shortcut by accident, but I didn't.

This is just another good example of the superiority of power-bias training, especially considering that running is one of my biggest weaknesses. This stuff works!
There are dreams we’re taught are normal, whether it’s money or success or any of those things, but we shouldn’t believe in those things if they are not important to us. There is an ocean between our real lives and what is expected of us.” -Tim Lambesis
Greg Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote