Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 12-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #31
Clay Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Romer View Post
What is IGX trolling?
Guys on the IronGarm forum registering on CF for the express purpose of trolling the forums. See the "couch" thread on IronGarm to to get a sense of why they do it. Better yet, I can tell you why: They have nothing better to do.
Clay Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
Steve Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Donnelly View Post
No shit! What the hell did you expect?
I not sure what I expected, but hoped the uproar from the CrossFit Community would help CFHQ see thier error in judgement in the Robb Wolf firing or at least make Public Statgement with an offer of a no questions asked refund for those no longer wanted to attend the Nutrition Cert. That is what I expected because that is what an Honest Business would do. I know I run an honest business.

Punish me more than they all ready are? What are they going to do call the CrossFit Police to arrest me?
Steve Romer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #33
Kevin Perry

Quote:
I not sure what I expected, but hoped the uproar from the CrossFit Community would help CFHQ see thier error in judgement in the Robb Wolf firing or at least make Public Statgement with an offer of a no questions asked refund for those no longer wanted to attend the Nutrition Cert. That is what I expected because that is what an Honest Business would do. I know I run an honest business.

Punish me more than they all ready are? What are they going to do call the CrossFit Police to arrest me?
The Sheep have drinken so much kool-aid that everything CFHQ say's is like the gospel and anything other than that is blasphemy. Did you see how many people got on their knees for the mods over there in support of blocking any civil discussion concerning who would be hosting the nutrition certs?
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #34
Steve Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Jones View Post
Guys on the IronGarm forum registering on CF for the express purpose of trolling the forums. See the "couch" thread on IronGarm to to get a sense of why they do it. Better yet, I can tell you why: They have nothing better to do.
Wow I just checked out that thread and now get it the IGX thingie. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #35
Steve Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
The Sheep have drinken so much kool-aid that everything CFHQ say's is like the gospel and anything other than that is blasphemy. Did you see how many people got on their knees for the mods over there in support of blocking any civil discussion concerning who would be hosting the nutrition certs?
Yep and by blocking us free thinkers the only voices you can hear now are the sheep or the few free thinkers not caught yet.

The worst part for me is I love the idea of CrossFit, but I feel CFHQ is killing the idea of CrossFit for the sake of max profits. This is a very sad time for me.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #36
Kevin Perry

Quote:
Yep and by blocking us free thinkers the only voices you can hear now are the sheep or the few free thinkers not caught yet.

The worst part for me is I love the idea of CrossFit, but I feel CFHQ is killing the idea of CrossFit for the sake of max profits. This is a very sad time for me.
The best thing to do is ignore it and use what you know to get to the goals you want to achieve. It's already been stated that Rob is better off without HQ anyways, and Greg is too badass to give a shit what HQ thinks. It's silly when people get all up in arms over the forums and over what a bunch of "forums mods" think anyways. I enjoy the endless entertainment it gives me though.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #37
Donald Lee

Quote:

You'll get over it. Everybody does. Think of it as liberation. Take the time to expand your horizons.
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #38
Patrick Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Jones View Post
Honestly, I don't think there's very much of that on the forums. I've never done it personally. It's normally pretty obvious when someone is just a troll, since they'll only have a handful of posts and they'll be stirring shit in every one of them. No one's going to put together a whole alter-ego just to take the occasional jab at CrossFit (remember: do too much, then you'd be banned anyway).

When Travis Earp over there recently got a thread closed by referring to Glassman as "Couch", if you look at his other posts, and you see that a lot of them snide, you can still know he's not an IGx troll. He has nearly a year on the forums, had a workout log for a good while, and a decent number of "nice" posts. Most of what he says is along the lines of stuff you'd here from many of us here - "Just get off the web and lift. Eat more meat. Lifting, not 'MetCon' makes you stronger." etc.

When you see comments over on the CrossFit boards that you don't like, don't instantly assume "Oh, it's just some IGx troll with no life" because you feel as if no one aside from some scum-of-the-Earth IGx'er could not think the best of CrossFit. That's not the case. Even you had Lynne close your account there.

Trolling on the daily comments? Yeah, there's probably a good bit of that there come from IGx, but I'm sure there's equal amounts of trolling there coming from elsewhere - all the posts with "43rds as rx'd" for "Cindy" and such.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #39
Steven Low
Super Moderator

Quote:
an offer of a no questions asked refund for those no longer wanted to attend the Nutrition Cert
They are refunding no questions asked. But they didn't make a statement.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #40
Steve Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
They are refunding no questions asked. But they didn't make a statement.
The lack of a statement will catch some people by surprise when they show up for thier cert and see Barry Sears instead of Robb Wolf. To not make make a full disclosure is dishonest.

Also I heard they have gave some people an ear full about Robb Wolf, so that isn't a really a refund w/o questions.