Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 12-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #41
Loni Venn

I got a refund with no earful. Dave Castro himself actually replied to my email. There was no apology for a change in speakers or anything. But he also didn't yell at me for wanting my money back.
Loni Venn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #42
Tim Luby

Innocent question, conspicuously unanswered. And this was months ago.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=41170
Tim Luby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
Arden Cogar Jr.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but what the hell?

As I wrote previously, I enjoy the crossfit community. But I also must shamelessly admit to enjoying the IGX community. That Couch Thread has perked up my spirits more than I care to admit. The folk that post there are some really funny folk that are all pretty much nonsense sorta shit stirrers to the nth degree. It's actually quite humorous to read.

Do some of them troll? I'd say yes. Do some of them actually provide constructive advise? I'd say yes.

I am not an affiliate. I haven't drunken the proverbial kool aid. Enjoy both communities. I also don't have the time to, or believe in, writing something unless it's positive or can help someone. I just don't have it in me to be a shithead. Life's too short. Others however thrive on confrontation. I say more power to them.

All I can think about is the poor picture of the disabled child competing at the special olympics with the caption that states something like "arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics; in the end, you're still retarded."

But, that said, there are those of us, who don't want to participate that still like to watch and enjoy the cheap entertainment.

Now that I've spent the time typing this, part of me just wants to change sites so it doesn't post. But what the hell?

All the best,
Arden
Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #44
Steve Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loni Venn View Post
I got a refund with no earful. Dave Castro himself actually replied to my email. There was no apology for a change in speakers or anything. But he also didn't yell at me for wanting my money back.
Good to hear.
Steve Romer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #45
Ganine Vanalst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Cogar Jr. View Post

As I wrote previously, I enjoy the CrossFit community. But I also must shamelessly admit to enjoying the IGX community. That Couch Thread has perked up my spirits more than I care to admit. The folk that post there are some really funny folk that are all pretty much nonsense sorta shit stirrers to the nth degree. It's actually quite humorous to read.

Do some of them troll? I'd say yes. Do some of them actually provide constructive advise? I'd say yes.

I am not an affiliate. I haven't drunken the proverbial kool aid. Enjoy both communities. I also don't have the time to, or believe in, writing something unless it's positive or can help someone. I just don't have it in me to be a shithead. Life's too short. Others however thrive on confrontation. I say more power to them.

All I can think about is the poor picture of the disabled child competing at the special olympics with the caption that states something like "arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics; in the end, you're still retarded."

But, that said, there are those of us, who don't want to participate that still like to watch and enjoy the cheap entertainment.

Now that I've spent the time typing this, part of me just wants to change sites so it doesn't post. But what the hell?

All the best,
Arden
Arden:

I don't know you, but I am proud of you none-the-less for coming forward. You are not alone. You've inspired me to confess that I find IGX funny as hell. Take this one today:

"When Barry Cooper finally kills himself it will be by leaping from atop of his suicide note."

Hopefully Barry can see the humor in that and be able to laugh at himself. Many on the CrossFit boards take themselves way way too fucking seriously. That is something I appreciate in Everett and Rippetoe is that they have a sense of humor. You gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

I am doubly ashamed of my admission because as a female I should be greatly offended by many of the posts. Sometimes when I stop laughing long enough to reflect on how demeaning some of it is I do get a bit offended, but then another Hitler video goes up and all is forgotten.

And I also confess that I did take some sips of Kool Aid, but I didn't swallow. Yea, I'm that kinda girl.
Ganine Vanalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #46
Renee Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Cogar Jr. View Post

<snip>
You know, honestly...I don't have a huge problem with Irongarm either. It's the interwebs. If you expect anonymous people to be respectful and reasonable...then you've never been to the /b/ server on 4chan. (it's NOT sfw, btw)

My serious issue is that everybody is screaming at HQ and the mods about a giant cover up, with the censoring, not allowing the topic to be discussed...yet it's some of the same people that are posting unproductive things in those threads that's MAKING THEM GET CLOSED.

I'm not on HQ's side here...I don't think I've made my views public knowledge, actually...But you guys can't be pissed off at the mods that they won't let you do/talk about the BBS when every time it gets discussed, somebody new says something stupid...

That's really all I'm saying!
Renee Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #47
Brian DeGennaro

4chan is where the internet goes to die...Irongarm is frikkin' hilarious sometimes though.

My two cents on this whole affair:

CrossFit brings a shitton of likeminded people together, and I mean a shitton. How many new "friends" have we all made as a result of CrossFit creating the boards and bringing Everett, Rip, Wolf, Burg, and many others together? How much have we learned as a result of this gathering? A LOT.

With this giant community there is bound to be the outliers, the ones in it for themselves, the ones who are full of it and full of shit, the ones who are humble, the ones who are just in general "bad". This is inevitable, greater risks for this happen whenever the population in question continues to grow.

However, I do disagree with the lack of public announcement to both Wolf and the CFers about his quitting/firing. Things could have been handle in a much better manner a la Rippetoe and been much more discreet, on both ends.

The End.
Brian DeGennaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #48
Kevin Perry

Ah 4chan, hehehe yeah i know 4chan. That shit cracks me up.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #49
Brian Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian DeGennaro View Post
My two cents on this whole affair:

[...]

The End.
+1.

Well put.

log
Brian Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #50
Mike ODonnell

I think popcorn sales have gone up since the BB summit and recognition of IronGarm......best reality TV I've read ever.

...now if the Moynihan Institute would snap out his zen state and reopen....would make for the perfect storm.....minus Matt Damon and George Clooney