Originally Posted by Brian DeGennaro
Reading all those posts, you can sorta tell who is who sometimes, besides those who have obvious screennames.
Yes, there are many with dual membership. What IGXers do you think also post to this forum (monikers only, please)?
Renee, you're fairly new to the CF forums. Many here were there long ago and endured the rhetoric about free speech, libertarian ideals, blah blah blah. It's the hypocrisy of the whole thing that drives a lot of us mad.
Of course the mods have to babysit. I used to give Lynne the red ass all the time when I posted there. She recently put me on double-secret probation for my spaceship comment. (moderated blue guy, yes). I gave her hell about it in PMs, but I understand that's her job. Incidentally, CF would be better off with Lynne and Kelly Moore programming their WODs and let Pudding and Castro deal with the forum people (oh, the comedy).
Incidentally, it's that stifling of speech that is causing the diverting the traffic to IGX and other open affiliate sites. It's gonna get talked about one way or the other.
But the facts remain that
1) Glassman promoted CF as open source but never thought it would outgrow him;
2) It was over-promoted from the beginning. Hyperbolic comments like the 700 pound deadlift and dozens of elite professional and Olympic athletes have not been supported. Ever. Even once;
3) CF has been hurt by promoting people (trainers) from within, rather than business people with knowledge of growth management;
4) the forum has become an exercise in group-think;
5) many people have come to realize that the concept of elite fitness is undefinable, unmeasurable, and unnecessary for all but a handful of occupations (in which GPP actually becomes their SPP).
Keep supporting the CF forum censorship and watch what happens. Affiliates are forced to read Irongarm to see what's really happening in the CF world. You don't see that as a problem for CF?
And WTF about Louie, Tate, and Dan John not knowing what's up?