Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 11-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #71
Arden Cogar Jr.

Anyway, update to the insanity that is knee rehab.
11.19.10 - PT session day one - Day 13 post op. Did some wall sits, some light extension, one leg leg raises, light leg curls, stood on some dynadiscs and learned you could use EMS with ice. This EMS with ice is awesome. It reduces the swelling, but allows blood to go to the joint. I'm gonna do this from now on with my home EMS unit. The therapist, much to my chagrin, was cute and bubbly. Very distracting to the task at hand. Got through it and off to work.

That evening, I did SMR and Yoga. Knee was actually sore in the evening. I also EMSed it again, which felt great.

11.20.10 - ah gawd, Home remodeling......Kristy and I installed a new ceiling fan. In a newer home this would not be an issue, but because we are dealing with wiring from 1962, it was an issue. It took us nearly 5 hours. Then we painted our bed room. Got me some good brownie points!

Did my PT - Wall sits - 5 sets of 20; extensions - 5 sets of 20; leg raises 5 sets of 20; TKE's 5 sets of 20.

Lots of Yoga and SMR because I was working overhead most of the day. Did the EMS on my shoulders and Knee.

11.21.10 - Day 2 remodeling. Tore up the carpet to expose the hardwood floors in our bedroom. Helped the contractor install the chimney/piping for the wood stove in MHS. MHS has heat!!! Yahooo!!!! If anyone asks where am I gonna get wood, I'll shove a axe handle up their rear end. :-D

Did my PT - wall sets 10 sets of 20; extension - 5 sets of 20; leg raises 5 sets of 20; TKE's 5 sets of 20.

Lots of SMR and Yoga again today. Completely wrecked and was in bed by 7:30.

11.22.10 - PT session day 2. Got a level headed dude this time who was refreshed to work with someone who's remotely athletic. He warmed me up with some ultrasound - got no baby in my knee, but it felt soooo good. He let me do (all movements are single leg) limited range lunges 5 sets of 10; leg extension 3 sets of 10; leg curls 3 sets of 10; 4 set of 20 leg press, then dyna disc holds. The EMS with ice.

Got released to do Box squats and light conventional pulls. Yahoo!!! The games afoot.

Then some disco bodybuilding. SMR and Yoga.
Then did Machine rear laterals 4 sets
Then DB Laterals 4 sets
Then Seated Barbell press to rack position in railroad fashion (only rest was long enough to change/remove weights) 20x5, 40x5 50x5, 60x5, 70x5, 75x5, 70x5, 60x5, 50x5, 40x5, 20x5.
Hammer Strength Shoulder press 4 plate x5, 6 plates x5, 8 plates x5/4/3 (rush to exhaustion)
Incline Bench 4 sets
Pec Dec 4 sets
Cybex pulldown 4 sets
Pull overs 4 sets top set was a 90lb for 12 reps.
Then a bunch of gay arm stuff.

11.23.10 - I've been anticipating this workout for 17 days!

SMR, Yoga,

Box Squats - did 12 sets of 10 with 20kg. It was a high box (height of an average bench). Alternated between back, front, and OHS squats.
1 legged leg press. 4 sets of 10.
1 legged leg extension 4 sets of 10
TKE's 2 sets of 20.
Conventional Deadlift - more of an RDL. 40x5, 60x5, 100x5, 125x5 (felt reallllllllllly easy, but stopped there just because), 100x5, 60x5
1 legged Leg curls - 3 sets of 10
Abs.

Felt awesome. Just iced the knee and I'm raring to go again. Looking forward to icing it with the EMS unit though. That feels great.