Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
Damn, I'm getting assraped everywhere lately. I must be too distracted by external forces to be on top of my game.

Kettlebells swings with jeans?
Financial envy?
People questioning my authority?
Seeking redemption?
Indeed.

"It's dizzying in its ramifications. More complex a system than I wanna take apart."
Old 02-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
Geoffrey Thompson

Quote:
Damn, I'm getting assraped everywhere lately. I must be too distracted by external forces to be on top of my game.

Kettlebells swings with jeans?
Financial envy?
People questioning my authority?
Seeking redemption?
I notice you didn't say anything about the "recruiting power bears" accusation...
Geoffrey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #13
Alex Bond

Whatever, let the kids have some fun. Everybody goes through those phases where they don't know anything about something, then they know everything about it, then they realize how little they know. A lot of posters on that forum are in stage 2 of that process, and it is a natural and healthy thing.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #14
Steve Shafley

Oh yeah. For some reason the power bear remarks have been off the charts lately.

I'd forgotten about it because it was just so prevalent lately that it was unremarkable.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
Geoffrey Thompson

Quote:
Oh yeah. For some reason the power bear remarks have been off the charts lately.

I'd forgotten about it because it was just so prevalent lately that it was unremarkable.
Did a video leak recently or something? It's been a while since I've looked at P&B...
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
Steve Shafley

There must be something that was posted somewhere, I have gotten about 10 new subscribers to my youtube page the last week or so.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
Jamie J. Skibicki

At least the fanboys and the members of the Msingh Army get jumped on faster and harder than a power bear at an Adam Lambert concert. I see the same thing happening there as CF. Someone who has never trained or never trained effectively finds SS (or CF), makes more gains than they could imagine and then thinks it's the best way to train. Also, they start this fanboy attraction to the inventor, Rip (or glassman).

What gets me about the response to Shaf is that the difference between what Rip said what Shaf said varies by the slightest margin. Both are interested in gaining strength and size. Shaf presented a different way of going about that. It was still low reps and high weight with enough time to recover. It's like arguing which is better; high bar or low bar. Just fucking squat heavy and deep.

Any time you have noobs, you get this behavior. The more you let it go, the worse it gets. The board could use guys like Gant and shaf to give adivce and beat stupid ass noobs into submission.
Jamie J. Skibicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
Geoffrey Thompson

And there was just a thread started inciting strife between Lyle McDonald and the SS board. Is there some sort of effort to troll across sites going on, or is it just douchebaggery on the rise? I ask because a rise in cross-site talk is always a little suspicious.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Ganine Vanalst

I think all these fitness forums need to take one massive chill pill. Preferably rectally.

Maybe it's just human nature, but a lot of people are really tightly wound.

I like the ss forum; it's more laid back and I can curse all I want. This forum is good for info of a more serious nature. It's like bars that have different feels/clientele; you frequent one type when you are in the mood for one type of atmosphere and another when you want a different type of atmosphere.

SS forum is a really mixed bag. Lot of young guys there (that is why a degenerate middle aged woman like myself hangs out there ), but those guys asking their "stupid" questions are Rips customers and they help contribute to his bottom line. That place is a place where they can feel things out, test the waters, and socialize. Things don't always have to be so serious to be valuable. They are having fun. Shit, I am having fun taunting and shamelessly flirting with Rip. It's like poking an old grumpy bear. So far he hasn't swatted me LOL, but he has censored some of my comments.

Live and let live (unless it's CF...stay focused people!).
Ganine Vanalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #20
Jamie J. Skibicki

"that is why a degenerate middle aged woman like myself hangs out there "

Ganine,

I like where your heads at, we need to hang out more.
Jamie J. Skibicki is offline   Reply With Quote