Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #21
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

It is Starting Strength, right? The title, not to mention the whole premise of the book, implies it's teaching noobs how to lift. Of course there are stupid questions on the forums

I have seen a lot of cross-site shenanigans from the sites that I frequent. Could be something suspicious going on.
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #22
Geoffrey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence "Bo" Boland III View Post
I have seen a lot of cross-site shenanigans from the sites that I frequent. Could be something suspicious going on.
I mean, it's a weaksauce and crude imitation of a page from a legendary<a href="http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/_/meow_wars.html">book</a>. Not that page in particular, but, well, anyway.
Geoffrey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
Ganine Vanalst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
"that is why a degenerate middle aged woman like myself hangs out there "

Ganine,

I like where your heads at, we need to hang out more.
Priorities, Jamie, priorities.

If ever in the Seattle area, give me a holler. Be happy to grab a drink, hang out, and scheme.
Ganine Vanalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #24
James Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
Damn, I'm getting assraped everywhere lately. I must be too distracted by external forces to be on top of my game.

Kettlebells swings with jeans?
Financial envy?
People questioning my authority?
Seeking redemption?
God knows which of your vids the guy had been looking at but he was disappointed to note you swinging a KB tied to a pair of jeans and that you had an apparent aversion to the sun.

It can be such a let down when you meet your heroes and role models.

The guys there haven't discovered the way of the power bear yet, it is Starting Strength after all.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 AM   #25
Steve Shafley

That was a rigging strap for the sled.

My skin color was washed out due to the general crappiness of the camera. I'm not getting good vid out of it at all, which is why I haven't thrown up any new stuff in a long time.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #26
Jonathan Yoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganine Vanalst View Post
Priorities, Jamie, priorities.

If ever in the Seattle area, give me a holler. Be happy to grab a drink, hang out, and scheme.
He'd probably be on the first flight out. Weather is better here than in PA right now.
Jonathan Yoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #27
Mike Kerce

wow, that place is a zoo! i hadn't visited there since when nobody was posting on it. I guess for trainwreck/entertainment purposes it's an interesting read. I'll never get why the internets turn everyone into an expert on whatever they're talking about. I don't know if i'll personally ever feel like i'm not a newb when it comes to training...and I kind of like that...if I wasn't constantly learning and trying new things, even if they're just little things, I think i'd tend to get bored. I also will never understand why folks feel the need to rush to the defense of their gurus. I'm pretty sure if they're gurus that are worth following, they can defend themselves. Boredom is a helluva drug.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #28
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Thompson View Post
I mean, it's a weaksauce and crude imitation of a page from a legendary<a href="http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/_/meow_wars.html">book</a>. Not that page in particular, but, well, anyway.
Holy hell. I'm sorry to say that I am nerdy enough to remember this. I haven't looked in usenet forums in years though... good times.
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #29
Jamie J. Skibicki

Ganine,

My priorities are training, food and women. THe order changes depending on long I been without each of them. I like to attack all of them with vigor.
Jamie J. Skibicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #30
Ganine Vanalst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Yoon View Post
He'd probably be on the first flight out. Weather is better here than in PA right now.
Weather has been really nice here Where you at? I was thinking of starting a thread seeing who was in the area and maybe trying to organize a West Coast Meatfest if anyone is interested. Could try and do it same weekend as those East Coast fools are having theirs. Maybe rent a campground or something. Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
Ganine,

My priorities are training, food and women. THe order changes depending on long I been without each of them. I like to attack all of them with vigor.
You can train your woman to come to you and then eat her and then you've covered all bases in one shot ( And when I say "eat her," of course I'm talking about cannibalism, I mean, just how degenerate do you think I am?)

Me priorities...playing, sleeping, food, training. Playing always comes first, sleeping, food and training supports playing.

Regarding forums, it's astounding just how controversial food/diet, exercise/training can be. For just about every perspective/belief there seems to be a competing view point and almost all claim to have the data/proof/evidence. How in the world is the average lay person supposed to sort through all this insanity when people who have strong interests in the field either professionally or as a hobby can't seem to agree on anything (or very little). Crazy, crazy, crazy.
Ganine Vanalst is offline   Reply With Quote