Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 03-04-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
James Evans

You keeping a vigil Geoffrey? I see Glassman stepped in with some of his rabble rousing polemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Thompson View Post
And I suppose I won't be able to post on Crossfit ever now.
You'll cope. Trust me.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #22
Geoffrey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
You keeping a vigil Geoffrey? I see Glassman stepped in with some of his rabble rousing polemic.

You'll cope. Trust me.
I just hit reload a couple times when I woke up. I've coped with it for decades, I think I'll manage. Unless I need somebody to correct my medicine ball clean or sumo deadlift high pull form. I really need to find a way to do the latter without mucking up my shoulders...
Geoffrey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #23
Patrick Donnelly

Wait, so does the fact they've renamed themselves "Core Fit Obsession" mean they've finally admitted that it really is all about the abs?

If that's the case, that's cool, as "get ripped abs" is really a better (more concrete) goal than "improve functional fitness" - I'm just surprised that they're willing to admit it.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #24
Steve Shafley

The LLC attached to that business is in Hillier's name.

Hillier is a significant person, i.e. a CEO of a good sized defense contractor, and I imagine he possessed the legal clout to take care of business.

Even if CFHQ owned the equipment, there was a handshake deal with Hillier about the use of it. Taking it in the middle of the night without going through the motions may have significant legal repercussions.

Quote:
LLCM6150 LLC AGENT INQUIRY 08:15:22

LLC ID: S280476- 5
LLC STATUS: 00 ACTIVE
LLC NAME: CROSSFIT OBSESSION, LLC

CURRENT REGISTERED AGENT:
NAME: LUKE M HILLIER STREET: 477 VIKING DR STE 350 CITY: VIRGINIA BEACH STATE: VA ZIP: 23452-0000

LOC: 228 VIRGINIA BEACH CITY OLD REGISTERED AGENT: NAME: STREET: CITY: STATE: ZIP: STATUS: EFF DATE LOC:
Quote:
ADS no. 4 (Defense Contractors)
Three-year growth: 6029%
2004 revenue: $209.4 million
Employees: 69
Founded: 1997, Virginia Beach, Va.
What it does: Supplies body armor, helmets, and ballistic goggles to elite military combat units and federal agents.
Why it's growing: Having worked for both the government, where he learned to read proposals, and for Oracle, where he learned how companies create them, CEO Luke Hillier knows how to play the game.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #25
James Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Thompson View Post
I just hit reload a couple times when I woke up. I've coped with it for decades, I think I'll manage. Unless I need somebody to correct my medicine ball clean or sumo deadlift high pull form. I really need to find a way to do the latter without mucking up my shoulders...
Indeed. I think life can be pretty good without being lectured in training science by someone who should confine their online activity to the Seen in the globo gym thread.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #26
James Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
The LLC attached to that business is in Hillier's name.

Hillier is a significant person, i.e. a CEO of a good sized defense contractor, and I imagine he possessed the legal clout to take care of business.

Even if CFHQ owned the equipment, there was a handshake deal with Hillier about the use of it. Taking it in the middle of the night without going through the motions may have significant legal repercussions.
Normally Glassman starts bigging up his legal counsel at this point, for example see Mark Twight intellectual property issues.

I notice a pattern there. Glassman goes online and like the demagogue he is, whips up a frenzy amongst the adoring masses often leading to an email hate campaign, all reported back in comments. This is all well and good when you're looking at some misguided PT who has called himself X Fit and is trying to make money across time and modal domains. A full inbox of grief from FRATBOY, Joey Abz and Scorpion Girl leads to a grovelling apology and problem solved.

But, and Robb pointed this out, he never did go after Mark Twight through legal channels. Why was that?

This looks serious. No doubt Glassman can afford a decent lawyer, preferably one who slips him a temazepam or two so he stays out of trouble.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #27
Jonathan Yoon

And the delete goes on...

Quote:
Allison. Sorry but im a paid member. And those people at ADS didnt lose there free gym, the gym is still open to them and all the new equipment will be there tomorrow.

Comment #31 - Posted by: R at March 4, 2010 7:07 AM

And im posting unknown because i dont want to get dragged into all the BS. I am not taking anyones side, I am just an outsider looking in. I love you and B, but it seems like things could have been handled better, instead of leaving all of us in the dark. And as for HQ taking down all my comments, thats BS also. Im just calling it like i see it.

Comment #32 - Posted by: R at March 4, 2010 7:16 AM

Well where do I begin:

-I am not sure who can afford 125. per month, I can't so I was happy to go to a crossfit gym at 60.00 per month.

- the girl friend of the supposed owner/trainer Brenden was always in a bad mood, rude and unfriendly.

Those are professional notes:

On a personal note why I stopped working out there 6 months ago:

The girlfriend Alison? has a gut, & Brendan walks around with his lats stuck out like he is posing for a body building contest.

Could possible be the two most simple minded human beings I have ever meet.
CLOWNS, I will take the rec center, Cape Henry Park, the ocean all day long before I pay $125.00 per month to watch these two clowns talk about themselves.
Comment #31 - Posted by: Jake Katz at March 4, 2010 7:27 AM

And this wasn't deleted, possibly due to more positive comments on CrossFit Inc than against Luke Hillier. But it does explain the shots of ANYC in a pink bikini from awhile back.

Quote:
Let me start by saying these are all just my opinions.

Brendan and Allison are some of the best coaches out there. Their passion for crossfit shows and thats what makes people fall in love with them. Brendan bleeds crossfit and Allision bleeds whatever she thinks Brendan would want her to.

Now a lot is being said about Luke Hillier. Douchebag? 110% I formulated this opinion as he drove his baby blue ferrari through the parking lot during the middle of everyones 400m sprints. As he rolled in to the gym with his fancy jeans and pink button downs and ripped his shirt off to get a couple of sets of ring dips in. As he continued to challenge the memebers of the gym to competitions when he clearly on the best HGH money could buy.

Crook? Thats a pretty bold statement. I think we all know you dont get rich with a crossfit gym. The guy is worth millions, I dont know how a Crossfit scheme came into his plans to take over the world. I do however know that he runs a very successful company based on custmoer serice which he built with lots of hardwork. He treats him employees better than anyone. So lets not hate on someone for being successful. Im sure he has flaws like everyone else but lets keep in mind Brendan and Allison didnt seem to notice as they hopped on his jet for their weekend getaways in the islands.

Regardless of whatever happened I just want everyone to know it was the members that lost. There is no way in hell anyone can justify the way things went down. The equipment was taken overnight! If it was clearly HQs(no lease, no agreements) I dont see why they couldnt have just given notice to the members and come and gotten their stuff back. All you crossfitters know this is more than just working out. Its a life style and a serious commitment. A lot of those people put their hearts and trust into this stuff only to have them broken. When this happened some of toughest women and men you have ever seen were reduced to tears. This was wrong.

I some good comes from all this in the end.

Long live crossfit.

Comment #32 - Posted by: Real Talk at March 4, 2010 7:27 AM
Jonathan Yoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #28
Mike Kerce

then there's this...

http://allisonnyc.blogspot.com/2010/...s-no-more.html
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #29
James Evans

And this:

Woa! Been hitting the slopes Greg?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #30
Donald Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
Normally Glassman starts bigging up his legal counsel at this point, for example see Mark Twight intellectual property issues.

I notice a pattern there. Glassman goes online and like the demagogue he is, whips up a frenzy amongst the adoring masses often leading to an email hate campaign, all reported back in comments. This is all well and good when you're looking at some misguided PT who has called himself X Fit and is trying to make money across time and modal domains. A full inbox of grief from FRATBOY, Joey Abz and Scorpion Girl leads to a grovelling apology and problem solved.

But, and Robb pointed this out, he never did go after Mark Twight through legal channels. Why was that?

This looks serious. No doubt Glassman can afford a decent lawyer, preferably one who slips him a temazepam or two so he stays out of trouble.
Isn't Dale Saran CrossFit HQ's lawyer?
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote