Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Supplements

Old 05-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #31
Jay Ashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
when you get down to Huntington go to the burger place a few stores down and do the Roadstar Challenege, 4 patty cheeseburger for 1 red start or 2 stars if you can hit up 2. 2 wasn't really too bad, my name is up on the ceiling somewhere.
ooohhhh that place, yes.... consider that done this weekend. I live in Babylon, Huntington is a few miles away, which is 30 minutes plus up that bullshit 110.

I will join your name, in fact if I find your name I will take a pic and post it here.
Jay Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #32
Jay Ashman

Gant, I used to be able to consume a large amount of food at a sitting, now I am selective with that, there are days when I eat a little and I am full and there are days when I can eat 2 pizzas and still be hungry.

I've had nights where my wife made me 4-5 meat quesadillas that weighed about 3 pounds collectively and finished them all.

But, I still would be hardpressed to meet Brian D's eating feats, that kid can eat.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #33
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian DeGennaro View Post
Too bad my stature and weight class doesn't quite allow me to be 70's Big
>200 pounds is not a hard line for those 5'8 or under. If you've ever been thrown out of a restaurant, you're on the right path.

I had Genghis Grill today. I might need to film the technique I use to pack 3 lbs. of meat into one bowl.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #34
Brian DeGennaro

Hrm... do you keep creating a lining on the inside of the bowl and pack it in? That's the only way I've been able to pack a ton of meat into them. Man oh man do I want some Mongolian BBQ now.
Brian DeGennaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #35
Kevin Perry

Hmm 200 lbs at 5'5" would require an automated feeding machine down my throat. I think I'll stick with an ocassional gorge into five guys, china buffets, deep dish everything pizzas and beer. Unfortunately there is no in-n-out here, I tried emailing them and demanding it but it didn't get far.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #36
Brian DeGennaro

I remember once at an all you can eat Japanese restaurant my portion sizes slowly started getting smaller and smaller each subsequent order that night. I think the next time I was there they only gave me half of what I asked for too. Boy did they regret that price drop.

The 77kg weight class is treating me nicely at the moment for lifting, so I'll stay here and see how far it goes. If I stall out, then I move up, maybe, only if my numbers can be even more competitive in the 85s.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 AM   #37
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ashman View Post
ooohhhh that place, yes.... consider that done this weekend. I live in Babylon, Huntington is a few miles away, which is 30 minutes plus up that bullshit 110.

I will join your name, in fact if I find your name I will take a pic and post it here.
Sweet! The sweet potato fries there are legit too.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 AM   #38
Jay Ashman

Allen, I already warned my wife we are going there Saturday....

I think its American Roadside if I am not mistaken. Its only 7.90 for the 4 patty cheeseburger, a bargain.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #39
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian DeGennaro View Post
Hrm... do you keep creating a lining on the inside of the bowl and pack it in? That's the only way I've been able to pack a ton of meat into them. Man oh man do I want some Mongolian BBQ now.
Yes. Go to grill first and get your wet naps. Then go the sauce part and get your little ramekin. That's your tamper.

When you go through the meat line, check the meats for cut and softness. A lot of times the steak is cubed and quasi-frozen. Don't get that; you're just paying for air. I go straight for the shredded beef. It's lean, tender, and--because of it's large surface area to volume ratio--soft and easy to pack.

The packing is the easy part. Put a scoop in and pack it with the ramekin. Repeat until you have a somewhat hard pile of meat filling up your entire bowl. If you want, you can put a slight indentation in the middle (so as to filter your next layers towards the inside of the cone), but it's not necessary.

Next come the sliced (not diced) onions. These form a bed on which to put veggies (if you roll that way). You can pack the veggies with your hands; that's what the wet nap is for. Get another ramekin to put your eggs in as these won't fit into a proper bowl. Give it to the cooks and then watch as they struggle to unpack the meat from the bowl. Look around the grill. You'll have 2-3x the amount of meat that others have.

Enjoy.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #40
Brian DeGennaro

I have to meet you and have a BBQ with you. You speak my language.