Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #151
Leon Robotham

Got into the gym and did some lifting in the dark.

Press 3x5x55k

Power clean 5x3x92.5 (felt really light)

3x5 Pull-ups
3x5 dips.
Leon Robotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #152
Leon Robotham

Only time to get some deads in tonight.

5-5-5+

160-183.5-208.5 x 6

Bridge spins. Bridge, keep hands on the mat if you can and basically keep circling round with head and hands on the mat. I'm not very good at these at all, in fact i'm terrible.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #153
Leon Robotham

Saturday - Press 60x3x5 - power clean 97.5x5x3

BJJ.

I've been getting in a couple of light rounds with Kafui before we kick off the session. Although he is smaller than me he is much more experienced having rolled for about 5 years without the gi, a couple in the gi and has a semi-pro MMA fighter. He gives away about 20kg to me but his pressure makes him feel the same weight. Rolling with him is definitely helping some, but he gets me with leg locks all of the time and they're not something i'm entirely familiar with. Ian caught him getting me with one and said that it wasn't legal in the gi, regardless though I quite like the fact that he's using stuff on me that I will have to deal with at some point.

Flow Drill - Closed guard>Scissor Sweep>Mount>Hip Escape to Closed guard>rinse and repeat.

Flow Drill - Stack Pass Flip to turtle>Take Back>Roll for Choke>Escape>rinse and repeat.

Technique - side control escape to belly. Single leg takedown from belly (builds from first technique). Back take from the single leg. Cradle choke and Bow and Arrow choke to finish.

King of the mat again - managed to stay in the middle again for the duration. Afterwards I had a roll with little steve, he is a white belt with a shed load of talent. He is a ton lighter than me so I just play a really soft game with him, but his movement and condioning really makes me work hard to keep posture, position and balance. I think he will go really far as he improves with every session and is in the gym 5 days a week. I'm now trying to get him to come and lift, a bit of strength and extra muscle will go a long way for him.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #154
Leon Robotham

Squat 3-3-3
147.5-168.5-189

press
60x3x5

Power Clean
97.5x5x3

100 Russian swings, 25k.

The squat and power clean went well and press was a tick in the box, but could have given the swings more heart.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #155
Leon Robotham

Tuesday - Planned a 20 min sweaty wod.

Got into the gym and changed super fast, but only had 15 mins.

Workout was
run 200m
10 swings, 1.5 pood
10 slam ball, 20lb.

My lower back started to give me a lot of hassle after only a few minutes in. Technique was solid, but the aftermath of the day before and running in chucks did me in. Not that iíd noticed at the time.. a couple of hours later though and my left knee was pretty swollen, I presume from the impact. Anyway, im going to try my hardest to mobilise and stretch on the regular because being in a chair at a desk all day certainly canít be helping. I never get lower back issues, well not until now :-(

Do or do not, there is no try! (Okay Yoda, I will do!)
Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 AM   #156
Leon Robotham

Wednesday. BJJ.

Warmed up with a light row because still feeling a bit tender from previous sessions. 1k 3.30.

Bear crawl forwards, backwards, sideways. Aligator crawls & army crawls.

Drilling - Guard pass drill, standing with pant grips step to the outside and to KOB. 20 reps each side. Side control escape to guard 20 reps each side.

Flow drill. Closed Guard> Open Guard> Opponent stands>Spider Guard> OTT sweep to Mount> Bottom guy Escapes. Rinse and repeat for 5 minutes.

Techniques. Not sure what the pass is called but the mendes bros. use it a lot. You're standing, opponent is sitting, take pant grip, push back to mat, hip pressure with one leg pinned to mat, as guy tried to get a hook in push leg away and get to side. Kind of looks like just jumping past guard but it isnt.

Then Weave pass, then a little work on the kimura before getting into King of the mat again.

Managed to stay in the middle for an age, had an epic match with little Joe who is a white belt but coming on a lot. Felt like it lasted 10 mins but sure it wasn't that long. Open guard was working really well for me, I much prefer to play an open flowing game rather than a crushing top game.

Pulled a groin muscle
Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #157
Leon Robotham

Thursday

Power Clean 1rm 110.

40x10 - 50x10 - 60x8 - 70x5 - 80x2 - 90x2 - 100x5x3.

Deads 3-3-3
171 - 196 - 220.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #158
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Thursday

Power Clean 1rm 110.

40x10 - 50x10 - 60x8 - 70x5 - 80x2 - 90x2 - 100x5x3.

Deads 3-3-3
171 - 196 - 220.
Very nice work sir! Very nice indeed.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #159
Leon Robotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Very nice work sir! Very nice indeed.
Thanks, Derek!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #160
Leon Robotham

Saturday - did a birthday workout for one of the girls at the gym.

29 burpees
29 bodyweight dead, 95k
400ft walking lunge
29 dead
29 burpee

BJJ.

Flow roll with Kafui to warm-up for 10 mins.

Apart from myself and Micky everybody on the mat was pretty much brand new (under 6 weeks) so I was asked to help a couple of the new guys. They drilled the cross choke and armbar for a while and then Ian discussed some concepts before letting them loose. I stayed in the middle and rolled with everybody, they did really well with little spazzing and to be fair they made me work. It was good to be able to goof around with some techniques that I wouldn't be able to work on with more experienced guys in sparring.