Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 09-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #61
Leon Robotham

Power Snatch.

40x1x3 - 50x1x3 - 60x1x3 - 70x1x3 - 80x1x3

4 attempts at a 92.5k Snatch. Missed all 4. 2 behind and two because I wasn't aggressive enough in extending the arms to finish the turnover.
Leon Robotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #62
Leon Robotham

Saturday

BJJ.

General warm up.

Sequence drill - Sitting in BFG your opponent grabs a collar in an attempt to pass. Grab his wrists with the opposite and to whichever lapel he grabs. Cup his hand and pull down to break the grip. Secure a grip on the arm behind the elbow, trap his hand in your armpit scoot forward and armbar. Pretty neat technique!

Same sequence but instead of going for the armbar you go for the triangle.

Same sequence but instead of going for the armbar you take a double handed grip over his triceps of the attacking arm and switch to the omoplata.

We drilled over the above for a while and then rolled with the aim of pulling off one of the techniques. While drilling with one of the guys he latched onto my left arm pulled and that was it! This injury is a pain in the ass. Everything else for the rest of the session was completely passive.

Saturday night was hell even after lots of ice, but come sunday morning I was a lot better thankfully as I had some flooring to lay.

Monday.

Squats

3-3-3

135-155-175.

Feeling beat so I stepped back a week.

10 rounds
1 PS
2 HPS
3 OHS.

50k. 3.30.

Today

10-1 PC, 80k
1-10 Russian swing, 45k.

9.57. Suckfest!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #63
Derek Simonds

Do you know what is hurt with your arm?

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #64
Leon Robotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Do you know what is hurt with your arm?
Hey Derek

I got slammed on my elbow and ever since I've not been able to do a pull-up or any real pulling which doesn't involve keeping the arms straight. I've been able to snatch, but not really clean without any significant pain. I think it was the triceps tendon and it hurts from the elbow right up to the armpit. I've had a chiropractic adjustment, have seen and osteo, I'm starting physio on Friday, but I think I need to get myself to the docs and arrange an MRI. I must admit that since the injury I've not taken any time out from the mat or really from training. I've worked around it the best I can, but i'm hoping that my 2 week holiday in 10 days time will help the recovery. I'm using bands at the moment to help rehab it and tbh there's just nothing in it. I couldn't even do a body row last night!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 AM   #65
Leon Robotham

Shoulder Press 5-5-5
46kg.

The physio on the shoulders seems to have worked, i'm now able to press without the pain i've previously had, but I really need to be disciplined with my stretching. Going to try and keep the jumps to 1kg and just take my time with them.

Snatch Balance

30x2 40x2 50x2 60x2 70x2 80x1 90x1 100x1 110x1PB.

No metcon as headed out for a meal with my mother afterwards.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #66
Derek Simonds

Yep that sucks. I broke my ulna a couple years back grappling. I continued to train for another month before I went to the doctor. He said 2 things one we know you are not a pu**y and two we know you are dumb. I laughed and said well if you aren't smart you gotta be strong. Go to the doctor and get an MRI it isn't worth messing something up worse long term. My rehab took 3 months because I tried to work through it. And your upcoming holiday will definitely help.

I have been watching the BJJ Faktory blog did you compete in the in house tournament or skip it cause of your arm?

Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #67
Leon Robotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Yep that sucks. I broke my ulna a couple years back grappling. I continued to train for another month before I went to the doctor. He said 2 things one we know you are not a pu**y and two we know you are dumb. I laughed and said well if you aren't smart you gotta be strong. Go to the doctor and get an MRI it isn't worth messing something up worse long term. My rehab took 3 months because I tried to work through it. And your upcoming holiday will definitely help.

I have been watching the BJJ Faktory blog did you compete in the in house tournament or skip it cause of your arm?
That's a funny story man, my mate kempie says that quite often actually. I'm definitely going to see a doctor just as soon as possible. Realistically though I'm not going to be able to get there until after I return, work's just too hectic at he moment.

I didn't compete in the inter-club, my arm definitely wouldn't have been up to that at all. Being injured is rediculously frustrating, there's just too much fun to be had when you're running at near 100%.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #68
Leon Robotham

Deads 3-3-3

165-190-213.5

Tabata Squats - low score

19 for each round for a total of 152
Old 10-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #69
Leon Robotham

A whole month since my last post haha. Glad to have had the time off and now it's time to get back on track.

On the 13th of Sept I worked up to a squat triple at 185kg.

On the 16th of Sept I pulled 225x5

On the 17th I worked up to a 93.5kg Snatch.

( lost my notes so I can't remember what the conditioning sessions were, but the important things were the lifts so not to worry.)

2 weeks in Jamaica was much needed, it was a great holiday despite being hammered by a storm for the whole second week.

Came back 100kg haha.

Last night.

Squat
123.5- 142.5-161.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #70
Derek Simonds

Awesome man I am glad you had a good vacation and look forward to more good training!