Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #101
Cal Jones

I'm starting this soon also - just weight for my protein and hot rox to be delivered. I am going to see how I feel. I got the Lo Carb Gro but am concerned about the sweeteners to be honest (I only just gave up Diet Coke and chewing gum!) but we'll see. I have a holiday coming up so need results fast, otherwise I'd just go with a more healthy eating-based approach.
Cal Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #102
ErikHutson

Anyone have a good cheaper alternative to Metabolic Drive? There pound per $ is way expesive then they use to be and im on a budget
ErikHutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #103
Dave Van Skike

tuna shake.
nitrean. from at large nutrition.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:10 AM   #104
ErikHutson

could I use ON 100% whey for the v-diet, provides nice options on flavors and is very good on the price (15 pounds for less then 120$) Which I really like cause I can then get some fat burners and have a 3 weeks of food for less then 150$
Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #105
Gittit Shwartz

Erik, learn from my experience and don't do it. Unless you can commit to taking 12 tiny shakes a day. Whey protein digests rapidly and causes a spike in insulin levels. You don't want that on a hypocaloric diet. At the very least mix it half and half with casein, and add fiber to all the shakes to slow it down a bit.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:02 AM   #106
Allen Yeh

I didn't do whey other than my PWO shakes and it was hard enough. I echo Gittit's sentiment. For the most part there is a reason for the supp's that were chosen.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #107
ErikHutson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gittit Shwartz View Post
Erik, learn from my experience and don't do it. Unless you can commit to taking 12 tiny shakes a day. Whey protein digests rapidly and causes a spike in insulin levels. You don't want that on a hypocaloric diet. At the very least mix it half and half with casein, and add fiber to all the shakes to slow it down a bit.
ya, good idea, ive done the v-diet before with metabolic drive back when you got more for your price, I literally spent 120$ for all my protein and hotroxs, I still have the reciept lol! but now they kept the same price and downed how much you get with it which is bs so im just going to probably grab 3 jugs of nitrean since ive heard good things about it.

Alright, just ordered 3 jugs of Nitrean which should hold me for about 3 weeks or so and am looking to start the diet up again this coming week.

My calorie intake is between 1600-1900 which was more then last time I did this but Im going to be supplementing Creatine from body fortress and that will add an extra 150 calories a day on non training days and 300 on training days which will bump me within my range. I will never again use Surge ever!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #108
Gittit Shwartz

Good luck & keep us posted on how you are doing!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #109
Cal Jones

I started yesterday also. I managed to find a supplier for the Metabolic Drive and Hot Rox in the UK and I don't mind spending on those as it's actually cheaper than the equivalent grocery shopping.

First thing I noticed: Metabolic Drive tastes foul. Or rather, it's not so bad, but then the aftertaste is dreadful, and it repeats on me like you wouldn't believe. I intended to have four shakes yesterday as I wasn't training, but ended up having only three as I couldn't stomach any more. They really fill me up.

Second, didn't sleep at all well last night. Not sure if it was the Hot Rox or whether I was just overstimulated from the computer game I was playing. (I play a lot of games and am used to them - I made a career out of it after all). I started with one Hot Rox 2 x per day and took the second one at 2pm. Went to bed at 11pm. Felt tired but my mind wouldn't shut up and let me sleep.
I am also a lot hotter. The weather has got warmer, but I'm normally a cold person (the sort of woman who always has cold hands and feet! I was like a slab of marble when I was IFing). This morning I feel like I'm burning up. Can one little pill really do that?

I didn't buy any Surge - I don't see how it serves my personal needs, to be honest.
Cal Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #110
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Jones View Post
I started yesterday also. I managed to find a supplier for the Metabolic Drive and Hot Rox in the UK and I don't mind spending on those as it's actually cheaper than the equivalent grocery shopping.

First thing I noticed: Metabolic Drive tastes foul. Or rather, it's not so bad, but then the aftertaste is dreadful, and it repeats on me like you wouldn't believe. I intended to have four shakes yesterday as I wasn't training, but ended up having only three as I couldn't stomach any more. They really fill me up.

Second, didn't sleep at all well last night. Not sure if it was the Hot Rox or whether I was just overstimulated from the computer game I was playing. (I play a lot of games and am used to them - I made a career out of it after all). I started with one Hot Rox 2 x per day and took the second one at 2pm. Went to bed at 11pm. Felt tired but my mind wouldn't shut up and let me sleep.
I am also a lot hotter. The weather has got warmer, but I'm normally a cold person (the sort of woman who always has cold hands and feet! I was like a slab of marble when I was IFing). This morning I feel like I'm burning up. Can one little pill really do that?

I didn't buy any Surge - I don't see how it serves my personal needs, to be honest.
In regards to the metabolic drive....I would definitely not alter the amount of shakes they are telling you to take. It's based upon a caloric need formula so if you are cutting out a 4th shake you could be cutting up to 40 grams of protein which you will need in such a hypo-caloric state.

My wife was 140 and she was taking a total of 7 scoops of MD a day, she didn't use surge either because her workouts were mostly walking and stuff from the physical therapist.

Hot-Rox did a number on me too, not a huge fan, did 1 pill 2 x a day for the first 3 days and increased form there. I found if I took the 2nd dose too late in the day it would really mess up my sleep so I would just skip the dose if I didn't wake up early enough in the day. It says to take them 6 hours apart so your first and 3rd shake.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote