Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 AM   #141
Cal Jones

My progress has halted.
First week, dropped 6lbs. Second week, dropped 2lbs. Third week, dropped 1lb. Fourth week, no change. I've lost 2 inches from my waist and an inch from my hips. Maybe a little more than that.
I've under two weeks until my holiday now and am happy with the losses I've had so far but would like to lose a little more before I go.
Unfortunately my energy has bottomed out and I can't push myself in the gym like I could before, so increasing intensity is out at this stage. Even doing stuff like cleans or squats makes my heart hammer like it's trying to get out through my ribs and I get close to greying out. (I don't have a heart problem before you ask - it's just I'm carb depleted. I've also had plenty of grey outs before from standing up too fast, but it seems worse with this diet).
I went out for a Japanese meal last week with a friend - I stuck mainly to sashimi and vegetables but had three pieces of unagi sushi and felt full of energy on Thursday. Wondering if I should eat a bit more again now.
Cal Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #142
chris hill

Cal, for some reason i think your in england. Is this right? If so which products are you using for the diet?
chris hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:07 AM   #143
Derek Weaver

Cal,
If you are done with your 28 days, it's time to transition. Look at the thread on t-nation and you'll see some ideas. Also, I think the original author wrote a "2.0" article. Check it out.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #144
Cal Jones

Chris - yes I am but I can get Metabolic Drive (Low Carb Grow) and Hot Rox from a supplement company online. They are a little slow to deliver sometimes though... *looks at almost empty tub of Metabolic Drive*

I don't take Surge - I think that would be counter productive for me. And I take own brand fish oil caps from Holland and Barrett.

I was under the impression the original V-Diet was 8 weeks. I've not done it 100% strictly because I've been eating canned tuna in the evenings (I was completely strict the first week but the savoury cravings got too much - I was even dipping my finger into the salt dish and licking it off!) I have not cheated at all in any other way, though - no sweets, chocolates, carbs, nuts or raisins (the last two are a particular weakness for me) or any of that stuff and the funny thing is that I don't even think much about food now, whereas I'd obsess before. I am considering continuing with the drinks while I'm at work and just eat in the evenings - it's really convenient.

My holiday is coming up in just over a week and I'll be living off terrible theme park food for the duration (I'll make as many good choices as possible but, having done amusement park tours before, I know they are not wonderful for choice) so I guess I'll have to go straight back on V-Diet when I get back, anyway. But we'll see.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #145
chris hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Jones View Post
Chris - yes I am but I can get Metabolic Drive (Low Carb Grow) and Hot Rox from a supplement company online. They are a little slow to deliver sometimes though... *looks at almost empty tub of Metabolic Drive*

I don't take Surge - I think that would be counter productive for me. And I take own brand fish oil caps from Holland and Barrett.
Would you mind sharing with me the supp company you are using.

H&B's 250 fish oil caps for 4.74 (sale price) is certainly the best price i've found for a standard cap.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:33 AM   #146
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Jones View Post

I was under the impression the original V-Diet was 8 weeks. I've not done it 100% strictly because I've been eating canned tuna in the evenings (I was completely strict the first week but the savoury cravings got too much - I was even dipping my finger into the salt dish and licking it off!) I have not cheated at all in any other way, though - no sweets, chocolates, carbs, nuts or raisins (the last two are a particular weakness for me) or any of that stuff and the funny thing is that I don't even think much about food now, whereas I'd obsess before. I am considering continuing with the drinks while I'm at work and just eat in the evenings - it's really convenient.

My holiday is coming up in just over a week and I'll be living off terrible theme park food for the duration (I'll make as many good choices as possible but, having done amusement park tours before, I know they are not wonderful for choice) so I guess I'll have to go straight back on V-Diet when I get back, anyway. But we'll see.

It's 4 weeks then there are transition weeks where you move from 3 shakes a day + 1 solid meal for a week then 2 shakes + 2 solid meals etc...
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:36 AM   #147
Cal Jones

Chris - certainly, it's http://www.elitesupplements.co.uk/ (safe, afaik)
They are generally fine - they have a good range of stuff and all the Biotest supplements, and accept pay via Paypal. However, they've often run out of my preferred flavours and they can take a few days to send stuff through. I'm hoping my new tubs arrive today as I've run out again - probably best to order several at once if you can afford it.

Allan - OK noted! I guess I will need a transition week anyway before I go away or the shock might hit me hard.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #148
chris hill

Thanks Cal, i was hoping you had found a source of cheap Biotest products. However i still can't justify paying 31 for 2lbs of metabolic drive, when myprotein can supply 5kg (11lbs) of micellar casein for 45.00
Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #149
Cal Jones

The issue I've had with other brands is that I feel weaker on them. Personally, I do not like the taste of MD (it tastes strongly of artificial sweeteners) but I put up with it (and the expense) because it does the job.
Having said that, I've had to buy some other brand again because Elite still hasn't delivered my tubs.
I'm transitioning this week anyway as I'm off on holiday on Saturday.
I did have some ice cream at the weekend and it was goooood.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:52 AM   #150
Emily Mattes

I've been on the V-Diet (well, something like it--minus the supplements and with berries and sometimes honey in place of Surge) for two weeks now.

In case anyone did not catch that you're not supposed to use whey protein, do NOT use whey protein. I replaced Metabolic Drive with Low Carb Grow Whey after the first week to save money, and I have lost no weight since after losing six pounds the first week. It has been pretty disheartening and I am trying to stick it out on the whey until later this week when the micellar casein blend I ordered from TrueProtein arrives.
Emily Mattes is offline   Reply With Quote