Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #1101
Justin Z. Smith

Also,

https://games.crossfit.com/about-games/faq

has

Quote:
How will CrossFit prevent doping? Which drug testing policy will be in effect for the 2011 Games?

Anyone aspiring to compete in the 2011 CrossFit Games asserts that they do not use performance enhancing drugs and may be subject to testing at any point in the season. The official drug testing policy can be found here.
Clicking the link on the "found here" part, gives

Quote:
Page not found

The requested page could not be found.
(https://games.crossfit.com/about-games/drug-policy)

Justin
Justin Z. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #1102
Shane Skowron

Quote:
I am injured and will probably not be able to complete any of the Open WODs. However, my injury will be healed by Regionals. If I register for the Open and my affiliate's team makes the cut to Regionals, will they be able to designate me as a competitor on the team?
As if the question wasn't funny by itself, the FAQ does not even provide an answer...
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
John Thomas
This message has been deleted by John Thomas.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #1103
Grissim Connery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Z. Smith View Post
Um, by this reasoning there shouldn't be gender classes then.
Justin
>>>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yarly.jpg (68.3 KB, 16 views)
Grissim Connery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #1104
Tom Seryak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Z. Smith View Post
From the CrossFit Games new webpage:

Um, by this reasoning there shouldn't be gender classes then.

Justin
EXACTLY! Nor should there be a master's division, a team race or a kid's competition...
Tom Seryak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #1105
Bryan Kemper

If everyone's training regimine on this forum is so superior, why not enter the Open qualifier competition and clean house? There is a $2011 for each week's top performer not mention the obvious bragging rights that what each of you is a superior method. Oh yeah, there is the $250K to the overall winner in July.

If you can't man up, then you are all talk.
Bryan Kemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #1106
Steven Low
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Kemper View Post
If everyone's training regimine on this forum is so superior, why not enter the Open qualifier competition and clean house? There is a $2011 for each week's top performer not mention the obvious bragging rights that what each of you is a superior method. Oh yeah, there is the $250K to the overall winner in July.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...sequences.html
http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-herring.html
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #1107
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sorry, Bryan, too busy training for a sport.

You will find that the bigger challenge is to actually find a Gaymes winner that actually does crossfit.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #1108
Shane Skowron

Quote:

Hey Bryan,

Superior for what?

Also, since the actual competition can change at the whims of the organizers, most of us aren't interested. The winner can easily change just based on what flavor of the week the organizers are interested in. It's like the fitness lottery. You buy a ticket, and hope they pick your numbers (and exercises). What, you weren't expecting to be able to hammer a stake? Man up boy, crush your goats, maybe next time you'll get better numbers.

Some people like to play that game, but I'd prefer to spend my time doing something that I consider more productive.
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #1109
Tom Seryak

Quote:

As of right now, noone knows what the first event of the "online" qualifier will be. If noone knows what the event will be, then there is no superior training regimine because there is no training goal.

A better way to compare training programs would be to create a competition similar to the USA Weightlifting/CrossFit competition where the events are announced well in advance, so that participants could be judged on how well they prepared for that specific event. Being "prepared for the unknown and unknowable" is translated into "I have no idea how to put together a program that results in a desired training effect".

At the USA Weightlifting/CrossFit competition, Chad Vaughn had to wait for all the CrossFitters to get finished before he could start his warm-up. He got his a** handed to him in the metcon, but I am more impressed with his ability to do a metcon (1 week after an international competition) than i am watching a male crossfitter barely C&J 200 lbs in vibram five fingers.

Had the scoring for the event made any sense at all (someone please explain how 1 pull-up or 1 double under of 1 baby weight squat clean = 1 Kg of snatch or clean and jerk?) chad Vaughn would have easily won this competition...over CrossFit's best athletes.
Tom Seryak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #1110
Robert Callahan

Best response ever