Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 03-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #1111
Steven Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Kemper View Post
If everyone's training regimine on this forum is so superior, why not enter the Open qualifier competition and clean house? There is a $2011 for each week's top performer not mention the obvious bragging rights that what each of you is a superior method. Oh yeah, there is the $250K to the overall winner in July.

If you can't man up, then you are all talk.
Hey Bryan, when you actually START doing @Fit again, you will find your blind defenses of the program more widely accepted.

As to my training regime? It is superior to @Fit. It's superior at making me a better rugby player and seeing as I'm right in the middle of the season of AN ACTUAL SPORT, I don't have time to practice double unders, SDHP and muscle ups.

But hey, since YOUR training regime is superior, I can't wait to see YOU kicking ass and cashing those weekly checks. You do have an elite level of GPP, right?
Steven Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #1112
Bryan Kemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Madison View Post
Hey Bryan, when you actually START doing @Fit again, you will find your blind defenses of the program more widely accepted.

As to my training regime? It is superior to @Fit. It's superior at making me a better rugby player and seeing as I'm right in the middle of the season of AN ACTUAL SPORT, I don't have time to practice double unders, SDHP and muscle ups.

But hey, since YOUR training regime is superior, I can't wait to see YOU kicking ass and cashing those weekly checks. You do have an elite level of GPP, right?
I just get tired of everyone griping on here. I don't care you don't believe that I don't "Crossfit". I train the way that I have chosen and have no qualms admitting that I not be on a podium this year or collecting any checks. I enjoy training and competing. If I am not on top, that is perfectly fine.
Bryan Kemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #1113
Steven Madison

Quote:
I just get tired of everyone griping on here.
Honestly, you should concentrate on things you can control. People are going to gripe on here no matter what you claim, say or do.

Might be a good time for you to bow out of this thread.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #1114
Bryan Kemper

Quote:
Honestly, you should concentrate on things you can control. People are going to gripe on here no matter what you claim, say or do.

Might be a good time for you to bow out of this thread.
Since I obviously have no clue as to what I am doing (insert appropriate sarcasm level), please give me the definition of "doing Crossfit.". When is adding strength with a periodized schedule running afoul of the dogma? If do more than 3 on, 1 off, am I committing a sin? If I wish to improve Oly lifts to compete soon (ie learn and play sports), when does that run afoul?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #1115
John P. Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
You will find that the bigger challenge is to actually find a Gaymes winner that actually does crossfit.
Is this really true?
John P. Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #1116
Bryan Kemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post

You will find that the bigger challenge is to actually find a Gaymes winner that actually does crossfit.
again, provide a definition
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #1117
raj rihal

a definition of what? crossfit? From my understanding, if it has any form of periodization, its not crossfit. I recall a quote floating around about that.
raj rihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #1118
Steven Madison

Quote:
Since I obviously have no clue as to what I am doing (insert appropriate sarcasm level), please give me the definition of "doing Crossfit.". When is adding strength with a periodized schedule running afoul of the dogma? If do more than 3 on, 1 off, am I committing a sin? If I wish to improve Oly lifts to compete soon (ie learn and play sports), when does that run afoul?
"Constantly varied, functional movements executed at high intensity."

I think you're just trolling now.....
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #1119
raj rihal

hahah got me. oh well. PT was awesome today. I've got full flexion back. Only two months post op. Hows that for functional? i wonder why PT isn't constantly varied?
raj rihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #1120
Bryan Kemper

Quote:
"Constantly varied, functional movements executed at high intensity."

I think you're just trolling now.....
I may be, but in what I have provided in prior posts as to my program, when have stepped away from that definition? When exactly can someone repeat a backsquat or other movement?