Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 05-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #1371
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Exactly, Crossfit, has never, in any circumstance actually, provided any physiological evidence that has ever supported their "methodology", and by physiological evidence I mean training effect, short term and long term. What are the physiological effects, outcomes, adaptations, purpose or reason for anything thing they have ever programmed? Like what is the point of this work out, what is the long term purpose of this workout, physiologically, why is this week setup with workouts this way, why are these exercises assorted this way, why are the movements "couple" or "tripled" this way, why are these weights at this load, what is the reason for doing 30 snatches in a row when you are just catastrophically distorting the technique? Physiologically WHAT IS the purpose? They have never, ever, demonstrated anything remotely close to explaining this or made any attempt to compare what they've do to any other program or with any control. The only thing they provide is: "well, it increases work capacity." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Okay, you can finish a workout faster, but WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!

What does this mean!

What does the power output and joules and watts and horsepower and joules mean anything in relation to physiological adaptations, biological development and performance? What does it mean in for the nervous system, the muscle cells, tendons, bones. How does this relate to RFD, SSC, TUT, cellular metabolics/ bioenergetics etc

One athlete can do a fran in 2:00, and his identical twin can run a 2:00 800 meter; and the 2:00 800 actually has 4 times more power output and work performed in joules. But what the hell does that mean in physio? What do joules and watts mean to the human body? By their own definition, David Rudisha is 7 times fitter than the identical person that does a 1:40 fran.
An athlete can "snatch" 95 pounds 200 times in a row and put up 5 times greater joules, watts, horsepower than his identical twin that can snatch 145 kilograms, but he is definitely not more powerful, though joules and horsepower say so by crossfit's standard.

Its all snake oil, makes zero sense

They aslo have done a really good job with spreading myths and propaganda; a perfect recent example is with that Rhabdo Ben video; and another one is this picture:

I don't know who these athletes are, and I could be wrong on this and should look it up when I have time, but the guy on the left may be a masters level power walker.

Here's Samuel Wanjiru the 2008 olympic champion in the marathon (2:06 [almost half of brian mackenzie's pr])

He's Kenyan, 5'4", 110 pounds and ran 20 miles a day, still has muscle fibers in his legs. If you didn't know most of their diet is maze and tea, and it takes a decade of development to get on this level.

Kara Goucher, long distance American runner, 2:24 marathon (an hour and 20 minutes faster than brian mackenzie's pr), still has muscle fibers

By the way, Arnold Swartz back squated 260kg.
Chinese weightlifters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo5N5WMB6oY
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #1372
David Hardy

Andrew, I believe the picture you're referring to is Finnish marathon runner Janne Holmen, he has a personal best of 2:10:46 according to wikipedia.

I remember seeing that pic posted on Crossfit Endurance, and someone said in the comments, as I remember, that they could get Holmen going "Sub 2 hours" if he did CFE. Also, the fact that the other athlete in the picture, Dwain Chambers, has been banned for doping violation obviously passed them by.
David Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #1373
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Thanks. Hahahahahaha wow.

A 2:10 is amazing, averaging 74" per 400 for 2 hours (105 laps), that's incredible. a 4:57 mile 26 times in a row, wow

how the hell could crossfit endurance get him to run sub 2 hours when their master programmer can't even run a sub 3 hours
Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #1374
Shane Skowron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
how the hell could crossfit endurance get him to run sub 2 hours when their master programmer can't even run a sub 3 hours
Box jumps and board shorts, dude
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #1375
Andrew Wilson
Banned

The CrossFit Rhabdo Count 123
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1376
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Unfortunately another American soldier:

Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #1377
Shane Skowron

So according to Competitor Magazine, Brian MacKenzie has run the Badwater 135 Ultramarathon.
http://www.competitor-digital.com/competitor/201106#pg1

Interesting that the official Badwater website lists every finisher in the history of the event, but has no record of any Brian MacKenzie

http://dbase.adventurecorps.com/badw...&searchstring=

He did attempt to run 40 miles through Badwater but had to cut his run short due to melting shoes. Interesting how other runners managed to avoid that.

http://watermansappliedscience.com/blog/?p=3062

Interesting that Brian actually ran his first WS the year after crewing at Badwater, not before as mentioned above.

"I was first introduced to Rhadbo in 2005 at the Badwater Ultramarthon pre race medical meeting. I was pacing and crewing John Radich...The very next year I got into and finished Western States 100"

http://www.iamunscared.com/the-hurt-locker/

MacKenzie is absent from 2005 WS results:
http://www.ws100.com/results05.htm
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #1378
Philip Stablein

89 Brian MacKenzie Costa Mesa CA 296 32 M 30-39 31 26:47:59 16.08

2006 Shane.

(I am totally unskuuured)
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Shane Skowron
This message has been deleted by Shane Skowron.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #1379
Jake Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Stablein View Post
89 Brian MacKenzie Costa Mesa CA 296 32 M 30-39 31 26:47:59 16.08

2006 Shane.

(I am totally unskuuured)
15 women finished before him.
Jake Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #1380
Andrew Wilson
Banned

How do the inventors of the elliptical machine live with themselves.
They are criminals.
Its a such non functional movement, a disease in our society, cavemen didn't have this blasphemy of human movement.
Look, 5 sessions of 30 minutes of cardio a week has mutated Jennifer Anniston's physique.