Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #2251
James Evans
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
"Moderators, when the knee-jerk response to controversy, discussion, and heated debate become Pukie's Bucket we're very close to shutting down the message board. I'm finding it increasingly hard to draw the brightest from our community over here and heavy handed moderation is always given as an issue. It's kept me away."

- Coach 9/26/08


Epic.
I think his point was that he was usually the primary target of moderation. As we all know he may have swallowed a dictionary (Zone breakdown on that please?) but he struggles to remain civil.
__________________
The rationale for reduced gin intake and the knowledge of the perils of alcoholism and attendant metabolic derangement has almost entirely come from physicians and researchers.
James Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #2252
James Evans
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Mattes View Post
Uh oh, looks like a few more forum members don't have avatars anymore . . . They got the kiss of death. Goodbye Andrew Roden! The military affiliate is still hanging in there, I'm guessing it's that association that's keeping him in.
I've been quite impressed by Europa raging against the machine. He used to post here a while back but he seemed to go a little crazy for a while.

The sad thing is that until they stop paying the man, it doesn't matter what the affiliates say or do. Look at all the big names from the message board and the front page (back before it was compulsory to be a tool to get your photo up) who have just quietly drifted away to do their own thing. You can make money out of CrossFit and you can probably do a good job of making people fit and healthy if you ignore the party line - why would you waste your time arguing with the quislings on the board?

I've thought for a long time we should start a 'Heroes of CrossFit' list - they guys who know what they're doing, who are decent people and who don't place gin bottles at the foot of a statue of a pitbull terrier every fourth day.
__________________
The rationale for reduced gin intake and the knowledge of the perils of alcoholism and attendant metabolic derangement has almost entirely come from physicians and researchers.
James Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #2253
Shane Skowron
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
"Moderators, when the knee-jerk response to controversy, discussion, and heated debate become Pukie's Bucket we're very close to shutting down the message board. I'm finding it increasingly hard to draw the brightest from our community over here and heavy handed moderation is always given as an issue. It's kept me away."

- Coach 9/26/08


Epic.

I don't understand. If this guy runs a multi-million dollar company, why does he not have control over the moderation at the boards? Does the CEO not have control over the rules of the message board or who gets hired/volunteered to be a mod?
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #2254
Geoffrey Thompson
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
I've thought for a long time we should start a 'Heroes of CrossFit' list - they guys who know what they're doing, who are decent people and who don't place gin bottles at the foot of a statue of a pitbull terrier every fourth day.
I'll start the list.

1. Dan John.
2. Mark Rippetoe.
3. Mark Twight.
4. ...
Geoffrey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #2255
Joey Guth
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Default

I will introduce myself in the best way I can. Think Donahue or Mancow:

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

Thank you all for helping this ex-Kult-Aid-drinker break out of the CF bubble. All that is left over there is patting each other on the ass and high fives. The thinkers and "non believers" get silenced.

Please take this great rack as my first contribution.

Joey Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #2256
John Alston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: tidy bowl man's apt.
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Thompson View Post
I'll start the list.

1. Dan John.
2. Mark Rippetoe.
3. Mark Twight.
4. ...
Don't label these good guys "heroes of assfit."
__________________
"Morning, Putski eats it, noon, Putski eats it, night, Putski eats it. Putski loves!"
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #2257
Daniel Dean
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
But enough of that. How can a grown man actually dress this way:
My exact reaction to that pic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Guth View Post
Please take this great rack as my first contribution.

Daniel Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #2258
Andrew Wilson
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 1,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Guth View Post
I will introduce myself in the best way I can. Think Donahue or Mancow:

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

Thank you all for helping this ex-Kult-Aid-drinker break out of the CF bubble. All that is left over there is patting each other on the ass and high fives. The thinkers and "non believers" get silenced.

Please take this great rack as my first contribution.

LOL Welcome mate!
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #2259
Thomas Jones
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Dean View Post
My exact reaction to that pic.

People talk about the $ that DNF purportedly has. In my ignorant, kook-aid imbibing days, I recall seeing a video where Castro and others are driving through LA and a shiny black new Mercedes convertible goes by and Castro remarks something like "Oh wow, there goes B-Mac." But, then he has that crappy suburban subdivision home where his running videos are shot. So, either he has no money, or he pisses it away stupidly. Perhaps he should think about "finishing" the funding of his retirement plan before pissing $ away on an $90k car.
Thomas Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #2260
Andrew Wilson
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 1,140
Default

This is madness







For the record she was a sprinter, pole vaulter, gymnast before
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.