Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #2641
Jason Ashman

They may not help with all the Rhabdo cases, but these babies (sfw) will surely help improve your WOD times by eliminating those nasty calluses.

Chalk is dead; Real Elite Fitness People wear gloves.
Jason Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #2642
Jon Pechette

Comments on today's WOD:

"Didn't we just do weighted pull-ups?? What happened to constantly varied?"

"Be ready for the unknown and the unknowable. #1. Be ready for life. If you get chased by a bear twice then so be it."
Jon Pechette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #2643
Russell Crosswy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ashman View Post
They may not help with all the Rhabdo cases, but these babies (sfw) will surely help improve your WOD times by eliminating those nasty calluses.

Chalk is dead; Real Elite Fitness People wear gloves.
Love how the description for those talk about extremely hot and cold as well as wet bars becoming a none issue. Is there a WOD where you heat the barbell with a blow torch before starting?

WOD: The Heater

For time: 30 thrusters at 95/65 lb.

Before "3,2,1.. GO!" heat barbell with a blow torch where you normally grip till the bar becomes red hot. For each time you release the barbell do 5 burpees.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a real workout. If you do this then you are an idiot and I claim no responsibility.

Last edited by Russell Crosswy; 08-31-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: disclaimer
Russell Crosswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #2644
Ben Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Crosswy View Post
Love how the description for those talk about extremely hot and cold as well as wet bars becoming a none issue. Is there a WOD where you heat the barbell with a blow torch before starting?
Raise your hand if you've ever worked out with a barbell that was uncomfortably hot to touch (to your shoulders if not to your hands)...
Ben Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #2645
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn Deegan View Post

PS I've been following the thread since about page 7 highly entertaining Andrew and educational too. I was still CF'ing at the time and stopped practicing butterfly kipping and started stepping off the box on box jumps due to this thread. I also know of an affiliate that modified their programming as a result of this thread so kudos.
Cheers! That's outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri Ivanov View Post
Андрей,
Благодарю вас за ваш вклад в мой интернет-форум, ваши исследования является выдающимся. один, как долго это займет американцам использовать переводчика (смеется). от двух до моего понимания вашего рабдомиолиза считать грубо под рассчитывал, я вспоминаю это на самом деле из них около тысячи человек. три Я потрясен значительно уступает методы подготовки спортсмена, что я видел из этих американцев. CrossFit большой смех в России. Я хотел бы лично поблагодарить вас
O português é ok? Não consigo digitar letras russas. Cheers, somente uns poucos puderam traduzir. esperar, eu acredito que eu descobri isso, deixe-me tentar, pode não ser clara.

Американцы позади, у них не было возможностей для получения образования у нас есть. они тренируются и даже не знают, что они подготовки. да, возле одной тысячи, я не могу отправить другие восемьсот из-за конфиденциальности. усами растет полный, кстати, у меня был комментарий на днях, что это было похоже, от американского Tombstone фильма. Является ли это России хорошо?
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #2646
Cormac O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
Butterfly kipping is, at best, simply a way to game pull up speed. It provides nothing in the way of any benefit physiologically. Kipping pull ups are another 'meh' movement. Developing full body explosive power is often the excuse used for kipping, but it doesn't pan out at all when you consider the qualities being training.
Its no, Camille Le Blanc Minimal-effort-up.
Cormac O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #2647
Cyril Sack

"Be ready for the unknown and the unknowable. #1. Be ready for life. If you get chased by a bear twice then so be it."[/QUOTE]

that is officially my new motto for life.
Cyril Sack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #2648
Shane Skowron

This is what passes for a pullup now:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/W...edPullUpX3.mov

This is how you get excited for max snatch day:
http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/...aMiniGames.jpg

And this is exemplary modest behavior:
http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/...sHandstand.jpg

Some comments:

Quote:
Here I am in the wilderness of the Wind River Mountains in Wyoming. We hiked 12+ miles per day, I had a 30 pound pack and it was easy due to my CrossFit Training.
Whoa! Someone who exercises has the ability to hike! Imagine what would happen if she actually hiked during her training!

Quote:
These haters wish they could post a pic like that. And my kids can look at this site 24/7/365,haters kids can eat donuts and play Wii.
Good point; either I like the photo or I must eat donuts and play Wii.

Quote:
Expose yourself to nature! A wonderful celebration of the human form in its natural state and environment.
Quote:
Great pic! @60, you need to get over it, man. Since when is a woman with her back to the camera such a big deal? How is that different than a JC Penney ad in your mailbox with women in their bras and underwear? I think it shows confidence and the female body the way god intended for it to look...with muscle!
It's true; Luke 6:41 commands us, "And let it be that woman is intended to have upper body to match that of man."

Quote:
Here's a mental exercise for a few who need it. Imagine yourself at the beach ..... now imagine a woman in a string bikini facing away from you. Now ask yourself if that woman is "indecent" or does the string running across her back cover enough skin to allow her out in public.

My take: Beautiful picture with a beautiful and confident woman in the heart of a gorgeous state. I hope to get back there someday (the state, I mean. I was lucky enough to marry my own beautiful and confident woman)
Whoa I never thought of it that way -- wearing a bikini at the beach is just like walking around topless in a national forest on your hands.

Also:

Quote:
Random question.. How many double unders would you sub for a 100 yd sprint? I was thinking 50.. Too much, not enough, just right??
Quote:
How many double unders would you sub for a 100 yd sprint?

Quote:
double unders ... sub ... sprint

Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #2649
Steve Shafley

You are reading too much James "The Thinker" Smith.

Even with the Soviet Union's communist might behind it's state sponsored sports machine, the United State matched up, and often exceeded the USSR's medal count.

Essentially, Olympians from the USSR were professional athletes. Olympians from the USA were hampered by the amateur ruling and were often hobbyists.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #2650
Daniel Dean

^^^^Someone has been reading Lyle McD's Oly series.
Daniel Dean is offline   Reply With Quote