Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #841
raj rihal

http://www.datingrxd.com/

dear god. now they can multiply.
raj rihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #842
Grissim Connery

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj rihal View Post

wow is that real.

Quote:
to form "elite" couples
eugenics fail

reminds me of this:

http://juggalove.com/index.php

*shivers*
Grissim Connery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #843
Robert Callahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Kemper View Post
1) The injury-producing tendency of many XF movements (high-rep GHD situps, SDHP, kipping pullups) and (without appropriate scaling) workouts
Anyone attempting the above, should have an adequate base of strength/experience to avoid injury and produce a training effect. Any WOD posted by any affiliate should be approached with a sense for proper scaling. If you have to ask "What is a GHD and how do you do a sit up with one?", then you most likely should not attempt an insane number of GHD situps without a proper base of experience. Kipping should be after a base of strict pullups and proper shouldle girdle development. I have no opinion on SDHPs over then to excercise common sense with the movement.
Speal has gotten Rhabdo from GHD - Situps. I am pretty sure there are some games competitors that have had surgery for SLAP tears.

These are not injury prone exercises only in newbies, or people not knowing how to program them. They are injurious to all people because they either 1) should not be done ever or 2) should not be done at HIGH INTENSITY ever.

Since by definition CF is high intensity (constantly varried, functional movements, executed at high intensity) then they should never be used in CF.

Jesus, the fact that in order to be CF it BY DEFINITION MUST be done at high intensity makes CF retarded. ALL good affiliates, and users regularly program recovery days/weeks where intensity is diminished to facilitate recovery. That means during that time they are not doing CF. Skill work is NOT CF because it is not done at high intensity.

GG loves to point out how he has a definition and no one else does, well his definition makes smart programing NOT CF by definition.

Listen, CF has done some very very very good things. Do you know how many people squat on a regular basis now that never would have before??? Or people that DL, or do pull-ups? It has been a gateway for a lot of people to discover a fitness realm they would never have found otherwise. It acted as a common hub to disseminate useful training ideas and principles for a long time. It has created a network of trainers/gyms that have useful equipment compared to what was the standard.

The problem though, is that GG and CF HQ can't just let it be that. Instead they are trying to control and market this "program" that is the best ever in the world!!! Even though every "CF" gym does something different, and the most successful ones do what they did before CF mostly. But HQ rakes in insane amounts of money, and continues to expand the definition of what their program is, to the point that now CF means anything that is decent programing. Then they tell this to everyone that does CF, so now people think squatting heavy and running = CF. Or gymnastics with some lifting = CF. These are not CF and have been around for decades before someone thought the word CF. This is the root of most complaints, at least they are for me....
Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #844
Shane Skowron

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #845
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #846
Jon Pechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
Speal has gotten Rhabdo from GHD - Situps. I am pretty sure there are some games competitors that have had surgery for SLAP tears.

These are not injury prone exercises only in newbies, or people not knowing how to program them. They are injurious to all people because they either 1) should not be done ever or 2) should not be done at HIGH INTENSITY ever.

Since by definition CF is high intensity (constantly varried, functional movements, executed at high intensity) then they should never be used in CF.

Jesus, the fact that in order to be CF it BY DEFINITION MUST be done at high intensity makes CF retarded. ALL good affiliates, and users regularly program recovery days/weeks where intensity is diminished to facilitate recovery. That means during that time they are not doing CF. Skill work is NOT CF because it is not done at high intensity.

GG loves to point out how he has a definition and no one else does, well his definition makes smart programing NOT CF by definition.

Listen, CF has done some very very very good things. Do you know how many people squat on a regular basis now that never would have before??? Or people that DL, or do pull-ups? It has been a gateway for a lot of people to discover a fitness realm they would never have found otherwise. It acted as a common hub to disseminate useful training ideas and principles for a long time. It has created a network of trainers/gyms that have useful equipment compared to what was the standard.

The problem though, is that GG and CF HQ can't just let it be that. Instead they are trying to control and market this "program" that is the best ever in the world!!! Even though every "CF" gym does something different, and the most successful ones do what they did before CF mostly. But HQ rakes in insane amounts of money, and continues to expand the definition of what their program is, to the point that now CF means anything that is decent programing. Then they tell this to everyone that does CF, so now people think squatting heavy and running = CF. Or gymnastics with some lifting = CF. These are not CF and have been around for decades before someone thought the word CF. This is the root of most complaints, at least they are for me....
Amen.

And lol at the "eugenics fail."
Jon Pechette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #847
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Here's OPT talking about his "physiological symptoms of death" during the 2008 CrossFit Games and peeing blood. http://www.sicfit.com/coverage/23597...eralds-Lecture

14:40 in
Old 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #848
Justin Z. Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj rihal View Post

From the site:

Quote:
DatingRx’d started out as a tool that I wanted to create for myself to find a female companion, also into CrossFit, to share my life with.
Good grief.

Who creates tools to find companions?

Justin
Justin Z. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #849
raj rihal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Here's OPT talking about his "physiological symptoms of death" during the 2008 CrossFit Games and peeing blood. http://www.sicfit.com/coverage/23597...eralds-Lecture

14:40 in
cult status confirmed. Get your Innov8s and board shorts ready. The ship in coming.
raj rihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #850
Andrew Wilson
Banned

hahaha someone needs to tell these people to relax, it's just a workout.