Go Back   Olympic Weightlifting Forums - Catalyst Athletics > Olympic Weightlifting > Equipment

Old 05-20-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
Chad Duncan

Default Compression tights...

i am curious, when shopping for compression tights, i only seem to find ones that say "base layer"... is there something else i should be searching for? also, do you wear compression briefs under them? male here btw....
Chad Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
Jaap Vink

Brands like Virus and Skins are thick enough to wear without extra layers. Under Armour is very thin, not always recommended.
Jaap Vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Gary Echternacht

Default Compression tights and shorts

I'm definitely no expert on clothing (of any type) but my sense is that manufacturers of compression tights and shorts have "base layer" as intent. Nonetheless, one can use them for other things like weightlifting.

I wear compression shorts and tights while training. I buy the cheapest I can find, which I assume are among the thinnest you can find. They all work fine for me. Heavier material might last longer, but my habit is to buy training clothes each year. I have yet to throw out any in the two years I have been using them

I train in my garage. In the winter it gets down to freezing in my gym. Occasionally I have to wear gloves, but the rest of me is fine.

Compression briefs under compression tights? Makes no sense to me.
Gary Echternacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
Jaap Vink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Echternacht View Post
I'm definitely no expert on clothing (of any type) but my sense is that manufacturers of compression tights and shorts have "base layer" as intent. Nonetheless, one can use them for other things like weightlifting.

I wear compression shorts and tights while training. I buy the cheapest I can find, which I assume are among the thinnest you can find. They all work fine for me. Heavier material might last longer, but my habit is to buy training clothes each year. I have yet to throw out any in the two years I have been using them

I train in my garage. In the winter it gets down to freezing in my gym. Occasionally I have to wear gloves, but the rest of me is fine.

Compression briefs under compression tights? Makes no sense to me.
Virus can be worn fine by itself, even says so in the product descriptions. Love my virus wear.
Jaap Vink is offline   Reply With Quote