Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Jeff Giliam

Front Squat 225# x 3 x 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j33aYhTesRQ
Felt alright. Tried my best to keep those flexors activated on the way down, but I need to remember to spread the ground beneath me.

Clean Deadlift 245# x 3 x 5. Tried to focus on keeping the shoulders pulled back.

Snatch Push Press 155# x 5 x 5. Trying not to chicken neck my head forward. Felt much stronger with my head pulled back which kept my chest forward.

2 minutes each leg of spiderman and wall flexor stretches. Getting much better and easier.
Jeff Giliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
Jeff Giliam

Off day today. Did some static stretches beforehand in the ankle and hammies so I could hold a good receiving position. Didn't record it, so I'm not sure if or how much it helped, but it certainly interfered with my strength.

Snatched up to 185# and missed at 190#. Backed down to 165# x 3 which were pretty easy.

C&J only up to 225# then backed off to 195 x 3 which were much more crisp.

Pull-ups + 10# x 7 x 3.

Then stretched out the ankles and hammies a little more.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
Jeff Giliam

Snatch Balance 155# x 3 x 3. I missed the last rep of the first set, but the rest weren't too bad. I need to focus more on the drop rather than the dip/drive.

Back Squat: 255# x 3 x 5. Challenging but manageable. Should only go up 5# next week.

Snatch Pull: 165# x 3 x 5. First time using wrist straps. Felt good.

Worked on hamstring and ankle stretches.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Samuel Hughes

See 7:57 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4e5cuyqjqw . I'm adding a pause at the middle and at the top and am going to start working these in to help my back in the bottom. picked it up from strengthvillian

Workout Log

Current Lifts (December 2010): BW 166lbs; 285lb Bench Press; 315lb Squat; 175lb Overhead Press; 405lb Deadlift; 205lb Power Clean
Samuel Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
Jeff Giliam

Not bad stuff. I'm probably going to do a cycle soon focusing on back strength and I'll definitely have to throw something like that in the mix. An exercise that they push pretty hard at my gym is holding a face down extended position off of a ghd and pull up a stretchy band from the floor.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
Jeff Giliam

Big day today!

Worked up to 200# on snatch for a 15# PR! Tried to incorporate some of the info that Glen Pendlay had over at his site:http://www.californiastrength.com/olwete.html It felt a little unfamiliar and awkward, but I'm not gonna argue with the numbers. I was so excited that I forgot to drop down to 85% and hit 3 reps.

After the big gains I worked up to my PR of 245# for C&J and failed the Jerk. To be honest, I didn't really care that much about this one coming into it or coming out. A went down to 205# and hit 3 easy reps.

Pull-ups + 10#: 3 x 8.

Then stretched out hammies and ankles.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #17
Derek Simonds

Congrats on the PR. 15 LB's is no joke on a PR.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #18
Jeff Giliam

Not very enthusiastic today, but the numbers were decent.

Back Squat: 265# x 3 x 5. Felt like I was only bouncing on my right leg. Strange. Could focus a little more on keeping those flexors active. Excited to keep moving up.

Snatch Deadlift: 210# x 3 x 5. Much easier than last time even though I moved up a 20#.

Push Press: 155# x 5 x 5. Easy enough.

Stretched hammies and calves.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #19
Jeff Giliam

Strange day. Was feeling pretty off on my snatches. Worked up to 185# and failed 3 times. Backed off to 170# and by the third rep, I felt like I was finally starting to click. Worked back up to 195# and failed 200# twice. (No wonder after so many attempts.)

C&J: Worked up to 245# which felt pretty manageable. Should have shot for a PR at 250#, but got cocky and went for 255#. Good pull, but I wussed out in the hole. Backed off to 215# for three clean reps.

Pull-ups + 15# x 3 x 8. Tough, but got it.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #20
Jeff Giliam

Pretty tight from yesterday.

OHS 165# x 3 x 5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39zGujxx7ig
FS 235# x 3 x 5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMR_OXCPrM
Clean Pull 235# x 3 x 5.