Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 12-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Adee Zukier

Default Monday December 19, 2011

Keith thanks so much for letting me know. Today I lengthened my rest times to 1:30 between each set and it gave me time to think about each lift.

I live in Toronto, Ontario but I am currently studying in Guelph, Ontario just 45 min away from Toronto. I train out of my local CrossFit affiliate (CrossFit Guelph) usually alone because everyone else just follows the daily WOD. As a trainer I am lucky to have full use of the gym and go in on off hours and train.

TODAY

Mad-hang Snatch - 70lbs x 2 x 6

Today I trained with others and had the luxury of filming my lifts on their cameras.
My snatches felt pretty good. My catch position is solid the main problem I am having is reaching full extension. I don't open my hips completely before getting under the bar a common problem. So I am going to have to work on that.
Practice, Practice, Practice.

Power Jerk 95lb x 2 x 6

Need to be more aggressive and push under the bar faster. I am much much more comfortable split jerking but I understand the need for both.

Snatch Pull 95lb x 4 x 5

Getting more comfortable with the movement need to focus on pulling straight up and not extending my back and pulling backwards.

5 sets
5 KB clean and push press/arm (used a 12 Kg KB)
5 renegade rows per arm (used a 20lb DB)

7:35
found using KB's for the renegade rows was too hard to balance and dumbbells were way easier. Ill get there!

Tommorow I am heading to FLORIDA!!! for 7 days to soak up some sun and get out of dreary and rainy and cold Canada!

I will try and get some training in at some gyms in the area there but overall it will be a vacation!! see you all again in 7 days!!!
Adee Zukier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Adee Zukier

Default Tuesday December 27, 2011

Happy Holidays!!

Back from the sunny state of Florida and already missing the sun as I am welcomed back to Toronto with lots of snow!! I cam already feel my tan fading

While I was away I completed 4 conditioning workouts as my boyfriend is a CrossFitter so I joined him due to the limited equipment and space in the hotel gym. Always good to work on a little conditioning I guess.

Today

Snatch - Heavy Single
I was feeling good in warm up so I decided I was going to push it a little bit.

5 x 35lb
3 x 55lb
2 x 75lb
1 x 85lb
1 x 95lb
1 x 105lb
1 x 115lb --> I failed this rep catching the bar slightly forward but decided to raise the weight 5 lbs and try again for a PR
3 attempts at 120lb --> got right under with no problems but same issue with the bar being slightly forward and just couldn't hold on. Just bought myself the Sony Bloggie video camera so hopefully next time I can film the lift and post it for you to give your opinions

My feeling was that I am using my legs as a guide for the bar and the bar path is not perfectly vertical moving slight into my body and therefore as I extend the bar is pulled further away from my body then I would like. Must. Continue. To. Snatch.

Clean and Jerk - Heavy Single
5 x 55lb
3 x 85lb
2 x 105lb
1 x 115lb
1 x 125lb
1 x 135lb
1 x 145lb
1 x 150lb --> Failed this rep and only attempted it once - 145 was my previous PR and I was feeling good. The clean was nice and easy but the jerk was just not happening. I have not mastered the art of getting right underneath the bar.

Today showed me that my technique is definitely holding me back and I am strong enough to lift more but not technically proficient to make the lift. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Squat x 1 x 5
I did the squat at 90% of my clean which is 160lb so I squatted at 145. I am not sure if this is the protocol. Should I be squatting at 90% of my max squat? because that would make a HUGE difference.

Happy to be back with my barbells I missed them so much.
I hope you all had a great holiday!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
Adee Zukier

Default Wednesday December 28, 2011

Forgot to post yesterdays workout last night and I will be taking a rest day today. After a week of vacation coming back to some max weight snatches, clean and jerks and power cleans x 2 x 10 my body is begging for some rest.

Yesterday

Power Cleans x 2 x 10
I did this at 75% of my max clean which is 160lb
all sets completed at 120lb
felt REALLY awesome! I went in dreading 10 sets of 2 at such a high weight thinking I would be failing by the end but turns out it was much easier then I thought!

Clean Pulls x 3 x 3
did this at 150lb which is 95% of 160.
Getting more comfortable with this movement and finding it less awkward and not as hard on my back.

Heavy Snatch Balance
at this point my legs were gassed especially after yesterdays snatches and clean and jerks. Made my let rep at 95. Failed at 105 and then called it a day.

Conditioning workout.
Because I am now at home in toronto for the holidays I am training at my boyfriends box - Vaughan Strength and Conditioning so when the 7 o'clock class rolled in and had great workout planned I opted out of the row push ball and joined them for some fun!!

WOD:
4 rounds
8 Ground to Overhead (I did clean and jerks) at 75lb
8 pullups
8 Wallballs at 14lb (i did this with a full squat, slightly different from a push ball)

time: 10:04

IM SORE!!!!!!!!!! rest day today and Ill do some technique work and front squats tomorrow.

Very excited for the new program starting on Monday so I can finally be on track rather then joining in in the middle.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #14
Adee Zukier

Default Friday December 30th, 2011

This week is kind of scattered due to missing a week in Florida. Took a rest yesterday so Today I decided to work on the core and Front Squat. I wont be maxing out my squat tomorrow and technically already maxed my Snatch and Clean and Jerk earlier this week I will just do heavy technique tomorrow.

Today's Workout

Front Squat Max Effort

Goal: 180

1 x 115
1 x 135
1 x 155
- tough but felt like I could make 175
1 x 175
- failed effort
1 x 175
- really hit that sticky spot but fought for it.

Core Workout

Had fun in the gym enjoying the freedom before the new program begins Monday.

Played on the rings with some muscle up practice - 1 strict and then 4 singles with turnout and a kip. Shoulders are still transitioning into the ring holes, need to transition to a higher position by pulling harder.

Planks - 1 min on each side, front, left and then right. Then went through sets of situps with straight legs emphasis on upper body remaining tight and leg raises.

Rested and recovered with some stretching for an hour and wanted to climb the rope.

3 Rounds
3 rope climbs
9 pushups
15 20'' box jumps - no rebounding walked down.

Time: 13:?? --> notebook has the real time and not near me this moment.

Took videos today and hope to figure out how to load them here. UFC Fight Night tonight!!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
Adee Zukier

Default Saturday December 31, 2011

Last workout before the new program.

Today

Max OHS
Goal: 130
1 x 95
1 x 105lb
1 x 115lb
1 x 130lb
- weight began to feel heavy in my wrists
1 x 140
- stood all the way up but could not stabilize at the top so technically no lift

Conditioning

20 min:
12 Pull-ups - Kipping
15 Toes to Pull-up bar
18 box jumps 20" box

5 rounds and 2 Pull Ups

The new program looks awesome and hard! Don't have jerk boxes but hopefully I will make due without. I figured for the box clean and snatch pulls I would just deadlift once and pull from there?? Any better suggestions?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
Adee Zukier

Default January 2, 2012

First Day of the new program!!!

Did not have access to blocks so I just did a full pull and then the mid thigh clean/snatch without putting the bar down

Block snatch pull + snatch (mid-thigh) -
75lb x 2(1+1) x 3
80lb x 2(1+1) x 2

Block clean pull + clean (mid-thigh) -
105 x 2(1+1) x 3
110 x 2(1+1) x 2

Clean deadlift to knee + clean pull
105 x 3+1 x 3
110 x 3+1 x 2

Front Squat
105 x 3 x 2
115 x 3 x 2
120 x 3 x 2

Finally found a way for you guys to look at some of my videos. The files were too large so I have used megaupload.com to upload the files and you have an option to download them as quicktime from there. Please let me know any pointers or thoughts!!

175 Max Effort Front Squat
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XLYCHPBD

140 OverHead Squat (Bodyweight) - Just missed it
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OEMYSIEE
Old 01-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Adee Zukier

Default Tuesday January 3, 2012

Todays Workout

Jerk -
85lb x 3
95lb x 3
100lb x 2
110lb x 2
115lb x 2

Hang power clean (below knee) - 50% (of clean)
80lb x 3 x 4

Snatch push press + Overhead squat - 65% (of snatch)
75lb x 3+2 x 3

4 sets; no rest:
8 1-arm KB swings/arm (12kg)
8 pull-ups - strict
Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
Adee Zukier

Default Wednesday January 4, 2012

Today

Block snatch pull + snatch (below knee)
80lb x 2(1+1) x 3
85lb x 2(1+1) x 2
- was having a problem not "popping" off my hips. I think I need to focus on keeping the bar path going straight up instead of into my hips so when i extend the bar just "kisses" my hips.
- this is MUCH easier said then done

Block clean pull + clean (below knee)
110lb x 2(1+1) x 3
120lb x 2(1+1) x 2

Snatch deadlift to knee + snatch pull 65% (of snatch )
75lb x 3+1 x 3,
80lb x 3+1 x 2

Pause back squat -
130lb x 5 x 2,
140lb x 5 x 4
- this is SOOOOOO hard and hurts so bad!! but gotta love it!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
Adee Zukier

Default Thursday January 6, 2012

Super nervous for tomorrows heavy singles for the snatch and clean and jerk!!
hope I can get the "popping" under control. Will post videos of tomorrow lifts

Thursdays Workout

Push press + jerk - (of jerk)
75lb x 3+1 x 2,
85lb x 3+1 x 2,
95lb x 3+1 x 2

Hang power snatch (below knee) - 50% (of snatch)
60lb x 3 x 4

Muscle snatch - 35% (of snatch)
45lb x 3 x 4

Pin back squat (just above parallel) -
100 x 3 x 2,
120 x 3 x 2
- i skipped a set at 55% i think.. damn.. i don't know how I did that grrr

3 sets; no rest:
400 m row
15 dips - ring dips

this took me 20 min!! My ring dips are week and ended up doing them in doubles!!
till tommorow!!

NICE REST DAY TODAY!! YESS!!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
Adee Zukier

Default Saturday January 8, 2012

Workout

Snatch - to heavy single
- did prescribed lifts and then went for 120 again. Same issues. Jump forward and
poor head position. Back angle off the pull as well. Heaviest made lift was 105lb.

Clean & jerk - to heavy single
- Prescribed lifts and then worked to 150. Pressed out just slightly. First time getting
150lb overhead.

Front squat - 65% x 3 x 2, 75% x 3 x 2, 80% x 3, 85% x 3
- these were hard especialy after the heavy snatches and clean and jerks.

Next Time: going to keep attempts conservative and drill in technique.

4 sets; no rest:

3:19 15lb kettlebells. Had to do this right after lifting wanted to keep things light and have no rest at all.

10 DB push press
10 DB chainsaw rows/arm