Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #1121
Derek Simonds

And lastly after a bizarre decision by the refs to add .2 seconds back on the clock and have Orlando shoot 2 free throws the game comes to an end.

108 to 104 and the Magic Win! We were super tired but really had a great time.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #1122
Derek Simonds

June 10 Wednesday PM

BJJ

Yeah two nights in a week. Tonight was all sweeps. One from closed guard and one from butterfly. The butterfly sweep is my all time favorite. I am pretty sure I even showed it to Alan when he was down.

I had a little surprise at the end of the class I was called up and got my 2nd stripe on my blue belt. Very cool.

I am super exhausted from last evening and am hitting the hay right now.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #1123
Derek Simonds

Thursday June 11

D W/U Lots of shoulder mobility

RKC Armbars

Press 45 X 5, 75 X 5, 95 X 3, 110 X 3, 120 X 2,
Ring P/U's 3 X 10

35 LB DB Press 8, 8, 10
Hindu Push Up 8, 8, 8
25 LB DB Posterior Flyes 8, 8, 8

Hammer Time

I saw the doctor yesterday and I have a sinus and ear infection. That might be why I have been so drained lately. The ear has been bugging me for a while so I am guessing it was just a low grade one that hasn't gone away. Good news for me was that even though there was a car fire on I4 and I was late and stressed out from work my blood pressure was 120 / 74. I know that could be better but it is an improvement over the last time I was there.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #1124
R. Alan Hester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
June 10 Wednesday PM

BJJ

Yeah two nights in a week. Tonight was all sweeps. One from closed guard and one from butterfly. The butterfly sweep is my all time favorite. I am pretty sure I even showed it to Alan when he was down.

I had a little surprise at the end of the class I was called up and got my 2nd stripe on my blue belt. Very cool.

I am super exhausted from last evening and am hitting the hay right now.
Congratulations on the stripe! And, yes, you did show me the sweep. I love buttrefly sweeps and transitioning to x-guard from there if I start to get flattened. Of course, a skilled player doesn't get flattened, I guess, but I am not there yet.

Again, congrats.
R. Alan Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #1125
Allen Yeh

At least it wasn't the swine flu...heh.

You are rocking it on that little circuit on the end I feel like I can barely finish with 30#s on the press on 15's on the rear flyes!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #1126
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
At least it wasn't the swine flu...heh.

You are rocking it on that little circuit on the end I feel like I can barely finish with 30#s on the press on 15's on the rear flyes!
Yeah I do fell like I am rocking that little circuit and I felt like I could have done 40 LB's today. I am A) a bonehead for messing up my weights 2 weeks in a row on the press and B) wondering why I am still having such a hard time with the actual press weights. I think it might be because my press max is so low that 10 percent was not a big enough number to lower and start from. I am considering taking it down by 20 percent and restarting just on the press.

Did I send you the excel spreadsheet I made for the program? If you want it and I didn't send it to you let me know. I am sure you are probably better at excel then me anyway.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #1127
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Congrats on the stripe! Well deserved, friend, well deserved.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #1128
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
Congrats on the stripe! Well deserved, friend, well deserved.
Thanks Gant. Halfway to purple and right on schedule took me a year and a half to get to two stripes. I really want to make purple by the time I turn 40.

June 12 Friday

I am a total mess this morning. My sinus / ear infection has decided that coughing would be a nice addition to the rest of the mess. I read MOD's article yesterday and I am sure that I have beat my immune system down the past couple of months. This used to be a typical thing for me, I would focus so hard on getting as much done as possible before vacation that I would be just run down and inevitable get sick the week before I left on vacation. I am healing myself before this vacation though!

D W/U

DL 45 X 10, 135 X 5, 185 X 3, 225 X 1, 245 X 3, 280 X 3, 315 X 3

1 Mile brisk walk with Lucy. She is getting much better on lead. It is all about time spent with her training. When I am on the road she doesn't get walked the same way so it seems I am always retraining her. I will get her trained good on the lead this summer.

Done and done. Off to work then I am meeting the kids and Tracy at the lake for the weekend. The kids are super excited. We are going to be the only ones up there so they get to do whatever they want the entire time. I plan on taking multiple naps!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:28 AM   #1129
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post

Did I send you the excel spreadsheet I made for the program? If you want it and I didn't send it to you let me know. I am sure you are probably better at excel then me anyway.
I'll take a copy.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #1130
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
I'll take a copy.
It is on its way. I felt the need to memorialize my stripe with a picture the other evening just never got around to posting it.