Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 09-27-2007, 07:01 AM   #151
Derek Simonds

Rehab Day 32 September 27

BJJ Private

Everything was worked off the choke. Open collar insert hand palm down as far around the back as possible, goal to grab label in the back. Pull down and push away on the neck creating pressure. Escape hips to the side that choke is on and swim the other arm through so that the back of the hand is facing up in their armpit. From there bring your leg up their back and their arm to your neck. Once the arm is positioned work your arm to your lapel put your other hand on top and push down on the elbow for the lock.

Variation 1 if they escape their arm by bending it towards the floor slide your forearm to press their elbow to the ground grab their wrist and turn into a keylock by lifting on your hips.

Variation 2 If they escape their arm by bending it towards the floor but you can't get the keylock there roll to your back and pull them on top of you. From there lift your hips to go for the keylock again if that fails throw your leg over the head use your opposite arm to scoop their arms back for the double arm bar.

Variation 3 If they escape their arm by going noodle arm and bending it away from you slide their hand towards your hip reach across their back and step over their head with your leg so that it is front of their face. From there move both of your feet around their head and scoot your butt out. This puts them on the ground tight grab the lapel drive your knuckles into their neck and sit up for the omoplata.

Variation 4 Same as before but when you escape your hips slightly if the other collar is clear grab and apply the lapel choke.

Variation 5 Same as before but if they pull their hand down to your waist move directly into the omoplata.

Sweep 1 Same as before but when you escape your hips out to the side reach across and grab their opposite side armpit and with your bottom hand grab their arm on top of your neck pull it out away and push it under them to their other side so you can grab with your first hand. With the hand that you just let go reach under their hamstring on the same side as their hand is trapped and pull them over on top of you and roll into mount. From there rain down some destruction.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #152
Derek Simonds

Rehab Day 33 September 28

Glute Bridges X 3
Samson Strech X 3
Sit-ups 15 X 3

Squat testing
Triples up to 185
Singles up to 225
Everything felt good all the way up and I could have done more probably just didn't want to get greedy. Had a little twinge in the low back on 215 just wasn't tight enough. My hand was still the weak link in the whole deal.

4 Rounds
12 Knuckle Push Ups
12 Bent Over Rows X 30 LB DB's

Old 09-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #153
Derek Simonds

Rehab Day 34 September 29

Glute Bridges X 3
Samson Strech X 3
Sit-ups 15 X 3

Snatch up to 75 LB's. No problem with weight at all just can't hold any more with my wrist.

No Cleans at all hurts way too bad. Rack jerks up to 115 LB's with no real bad pain in my wrist.

Did the first of the long cycle KB C&J with 36 LB and 18 LB 3 minutes was no problem at 8 RPM.

3 Rounds
20 LB DB Curls X 15
20 LB DB Press X 15
20 LB DB Row X 15

30 Windmills with 18 LB KB

I did something else as a metcon but I forgot what I did.

PM
I did the wrong ab work early so I came out and did the prescribed.

4 Rounds
30 Russian Twist with 20 LB MD
10 Overhead Sit Ups with 10 LB's

I could feel it in my lower back when I did the twists.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #154
Derek Simonds

Rehab Day 35 September 30

Glute Bridges X 3
Samson Strech X 3
Sit-ups 15 X 3

15 X 36 LB KB L, 18 LB KB R Swing
100 M Farmers Walk
15 X 36 LB KB L, 18 LB KB R C&J
100 M Farmers Walk
15 X 36 LB KB L, 18 LB KB R High Pull
100 M Farmers Walk
15 X 36 LB KB L, 18 LB KB R Snatch
100 M Farmers Walk

Sand Bag Bear Hug Cleans
5 X 50 LB
5 X 60 LB
5 X 70 LB
5 X 80 LB
5 X 90 LB
The cleans once they got up to 80 and 90 were pretty darn hard.

4 Rounds no rest and for time except I forgot to time it. I went all out and really pushed it.
500 M Row
100 Single Unders as fast as possible
21 20 LB MB Clean, Press and Slam

Really nice to get back on the rower. All 500's in 2:04 or less, I didn't push it at all with the wrist.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #155
Derek Simonds

October 2 Rehab Day 36

30 Minutes of various stretching

3 Rounds
15 Knuckle Push Up Plus
25 Sit Ups
20 Supermans
25 Squats
12 Stick Em Ups

All in my lovely hotel room in Hartford CT

Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #156
Derek Simonds

October 3 Rehab Day 37 AM

FS 150 LB X 3 X 5
Clean Pull 135 X 5, 150 X 5, 165 X 5
Rack Jerk up to 140 No Problem on the lift problem because I can't drop the weight at the Bally's I was training at today and it produces pain in my wrist bringing it down slowly. This was best in rehab by 25 LB's

Press X 45 X 10, 55 X 10, 65 X 10

3 rounds for time
20 swings with 35 LB DB L, 20 LB DB R, 10 each arm
20 jumping pull-ups
20 lying hip swings (mine were actually truthful hip swings)

12:05

Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #157
Derek Simonds

October 3 Rehab Day 37 PM

4 Sets
Decline Overhead Situp W/ 8 LB Med Ball X 12
Russian Twist X 15

3 Sets
20 LB DB Curl X 15
Push Ups X 15
Wood Chop 8 LB Med Ball X 12
Shrug 50 LB X 12 X 3

Treadmill Work 20 Minutes Total
W/ 2 X 2 Minutes at 6:53 Pace

Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #158
Derek Simonds

October 4 Rehab Day 38

Recovery

2 Rounds
30 Situps
Samson Stretch

25 Minutes on treadmill walking at 3.8 and various elevations up to 7.5 for 10 minutes.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 AM   #159
Derek Simonds

October 5 Rehab Day 39

I misunderstood the set / rep schema this morning also. That's ok as I still can't clean well do to my wrist.

All weights in LB's

Hang power clean + push jerk - 5 x 2
5 Reps X 45 w / 1 Clean + 2 Jerks
5 Reps X 65 w / 1 Clean + 2 Jerks

Snatch balance - work up to a heavy double
I couldn't remember exactly the tech for SB so I was dropping into a full snatch catch. I Started with 65 and worked up to 90. Missed 95.

Pull-ups - 3 x max reps
5 (first pull ups since June)
9 (40 LB's assistance)
8 (40 LB's assistance)

3 rounds for time of:
25 Double-Unders
10 1-arm DB split snatch (per arm) - 35 LB's
10 Hanging Leg Raise

18 Minutes on the wall clock. This is the first time ever that I did all the Double - Unders! Each round I hit at least 10 in a row where I would Double then Single then Double. Why in the world are Double - Unders so dang metabolically taxing? I had the feeling in your chest when you can't get your breathe and it kind of burns. Great Met-Con!

Old 10-06-2007, 06:32 AM   #160
Derek Simonds

October 6 Rehab Day 40

Today was a good one.

Snatch up to 110.50
Clean and Jerk up to 130.50
Clean up to 160.50
Back Squat up to 230.5 LB's

I am going to have to get a lot better at math since I use KG and LB plates. It gets mighty confusing. I had to write everything down to add it up. Everything was a PR except the C&J. The jerk just hurts to much. I had more easily just don't want to push the wrist. On my last snatch my left foot was squirreling around and I had to get it set before I could come up out of the hole so it felt like I was sitting in the OHS position forever. The drive up was no problem.

I left a little out there as I have got Crossfit in the park with Leo tomorrow and want to be able to at least show up