Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #1971
Eduardo Chile

Heck yea, let's lift together. We'll need to plan it out.

Log at RTS
Eduardo Chile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #1972
Derek Simonds

22 November Monday 2010

Well the weekend was a little harder on me then I planned. No sleep and less then ideal food intake. But man we had a great time. The kids had a blast. I got some great pictures and will post them later today.

Somehow the alarm got turned off in between sleepy time and wakey time. Tracy woke up at 5:29 and said hey aren't we supposed to be working out right now. So up we go and we were in the garage by 5:40 warming up. That shortened the time available. Andy wanted to bench today so we did squat and bench. I now remember why I don't bench and squat on the same days. My glutes cramp up on the bench after squatting. I guess I am getting a good setup if my glutes cramp.

Squat up to 235 X 5,5,3 I got pancaked on the last rep and really had to fight out of the hole. As I started down for my 4th rep I started going forward again and decided to rack the weight instead of taking a chance.

Bench up to 205 X 5,3,4 I really wanted 5's across but this is still a PR for me. I will take it.

Lots of stuff to do in the next 36 hours before we leave for Little Gasparilla Island. I haven't looked at the weather but am hoping it is sunny. I am going to try and train BJJ 3 times also before we leave.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #1973
Derek Simonds

Here is a link to some pictures from camping.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dereksim...eat=directlink

All I got to say is my kids are pretty darn cool. Food wise we had wild game stew, venison steaks, raw oysters, boiled shrimp and the kids harvested about 2 dozen clams that they steamed and ate right out of the shell.

Jr is a fish catching machine. We were up at 6:30, cooked a little breakfast and he was fishing by 8:00 am. I think he caught his first fish by 8:10. He caught what we call an inshore trash can slam; lizard fish, lady fish (which are really fun to catch and great cut bait, catfish and needle fish. I was fishing for bigger fish just up the way from him and every time I would lose my bait fish or it would die I would yell to him to catch me another pinfish and sure enough a minute or two later he would come running over with another livey.

I am really hoping our fishing down at LGI is more in line with fish we want to eat... Jr could care less what he catches.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #1974
Derek Weaver

Sounds like a great weekend. I think it's an American rite of passage for boys to fish for whatever bites. When I was a kid, it was cat fish and craw fish.

Nice PR on the bench also. PRs are flying around this board lately.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #1975
Derek Simonds

22 November 2010 Monday PM

5:00 to 6:00 Positional drilling oh my! This is some good shiznitty.

6:00 to 7:00 Side control escapes and finished with arm triangle. I ended up doing a little mini lesson on the arm triangle and how I finish by really extending my opponent.

Home and got all the fishing gear packed and ready for one more day of work.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #1976
Derek Simonds

23 Tuesday 2010

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. I think I am just amped about going away with the family for the next 5 days. Anytime you can go to an island with no cars, heated pool, incredible beaches, great shell collecting and the best inshore fishing for free you have to be excited. I did find out that my grandmother is coming so we have to give up our bedroom for her but it will all work out.

D W/U
Dog Walk was absolutely bizarre this morning. I heard a person talking and started looking around and there was womans shape coming around the corner about 200 yards away. It looked like she was wearing tights and was talking on the phone while walking. This was at 5:00 AM straight up. As she was walking towards me she fired up a cigarette. Now I was really puzzled. Turns out it was a younger female prob 18 - 25 in skin tight jeans and going out clothes. Smoking and walking through the neighborhood. Just yammering away on the phone. I wanted to ask her what she was doing but decided not to be a creepy old man and just went back to the house muttering damn kids...

SDL up to 350 X 5 (This is probably a PR)
Press up to 120 X 5 X 3 (This is a certifiable PR for sets across)

The last of the dead lifts was ugly. But I will take it! After stopping at 3 on my last set of squats yesterday I have been pissed off and wanted to make up for it. So when that 350 started slowing down I just ground it out. The press was really hard as well. I don't think I had much more in me.

I plan on resetting my weights back some and going until the end of the year linearly. I want to do a 1 RM test the last week of December and blow by some of these plateaus I have been struggling with.

Training some BJJ tonight then driving down to the island. No physical activity for the next 5 days. Complete and total rest. Heck yeah.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #1977
Kevin Perry

Nice job on the SLDL and the press. I'm also resetting my weights since I've been out of the gym a week and down in weight, just too damn busy lately.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #1978
Eduardo Chile

Nice lifting on the deads. I won't be able to make it tonight. Did you like the reactive training manual?

Enjoy ur vacation. Sounds like fun.

Log at RTS
Eduardo Chile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #1979
Derek Simonds

BJJ positional drilling done and done. Tracy is driving we are 60 miles out. Catch you guys later. Chile we missed you tonight.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #1980
Derek Simonds

29 November 2010

Quick report much more later.

D W/U
Foam Roll
Band Work
Jump Rope

Press up to 110 X 5,5,8
BS up to 225 X 5,5,5

The squats felt heavy for the first two sets the last set was like butter. I guess I wasn't warmed up enough. My hands are super sore from 5 days of fishing and gigging.