Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 06-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #2341
Derek Weaver

Defranco shoulder murder? That the stuff from the T Nation article a few months back?
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #2342
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
Defranco shoulder murder? That the stuff from the T Nation article a few months back?
I didn't read the article. I saw it in a video from Diesel Crew. I will take a look on T-Nation and see if it is the same. It is really tough.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #2343
Derek Simonds

30 June 2011 Thursday

I am a mere 6 days away from returning to what passes for normalcy in my life. This has been a brutal month since before Memorial Day. We have had multiple house guests (in fact tonight will be the first night that it is just my family in the house since the beginning of June), I have slept in 4 different locations not for work, traveled all over the state of FL, lost 2 huge accounts that unfortunately represent about a 1/3 of our yearly revenue and just generally am glad that June is over. At the beginning of the month I thought this was going to be the best month evah with all the stuff we had planned. Alas the best laid plans of mice and men... You know what? It don't matter, I will get new accounts, I am going to get to spend the weekend alone with my wife and the kids are super excited about going to Flipfest in TN. It's all good.

D W/U

Press up to 115 X 7 X 3
Chin / Pull Ups X 7 X 5
BS up to 135 X 5 X 3

BB Curlz 15 X 3
DB Tricep Extension + Floor Press 25 X 10 X 3

I had to get in and get out as Tracy had a personal training client who is very self conscious. BS felt great and that was the first set I have done since injuring myself 3 months ago. Yeah me. I went super easy as I have 10 hours in the car tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #2344
Arien Malec

Derek -- you have the big stuff working; don't sweat the small stuff. I've dealt with my unfair share of tragedy and heartache and I'm truly grateful for friends, family, food & fitness.
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:41 AM   #2345
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Malec View Post
Derek -- you have the big stuff working; don't sweat the small stuff. I've dealt with my unfair share of tragedy and heartache and I'm truly grateful for friends, family, food & fitness.
I am also truly grateful. I know a lot of people that aren't religious but we are and at every prayer lately I have offered up my thanks for the things we have. Thanks for the support. All of this crap will go away soon. I have to make some hard choices for work over the next 30 days and once I am through that I think it will be a lot smoother sailing.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #2346
Derek Simonds

01 July 2011 Friday (beginning of birthday month )

D W/U
Lots of foam rolling

Power Snatch 45 X 3, 65,75,85,95 X 2, 105 X 1,1, 95 X 2,2
Bench up to 155 X 5, 175 X 5 X 3

BB Row 95 LB's X 10 X 6
DB Flyes + Prison Press 30 X 12, 35 X 10 X 3

I was pleasantly surprised with the snatches since I haven't done any in quite a while. At 105 I was kind of hopping my legs out instead of dipping down to catch the weight and I didn't like that so I dropped back to 95. I was very surprised at how strong the bench was. I didn't have a spotter and easily could have done sets of 5 at 185+.

Nice quick workout. Just over 45 minutes and I am off to work.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #2347
Derek Weaver

I don't know if Tyson was the first to say it, but he made this little phrase famous:
"Everyone has a plan... til they get HIT."

It's all about how you roll, and it seems like you roll far better than most. Enjoy your weekend with no house guests.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #2348
Derek Simonds

05 July 2011 Tuesday

Simply a wonderful weekend. Very busy but man was it great. Traveled to TN to my sisters house Friday night and Saturday morning. Spent the day there. Did the 4th festival in Jonesborough, Hiked to the top of Buffalo mountain and had an epic cookout. On Sunday drove to Crossville and dropped the kids off at FlipFest. Tracy and I then had the rest of the day on Sunday and all day Monday to ourselves. It was wonderful. Almost like the anniversary that we didn't get to do this year. We played golf, ate, drank and had an incredible experience at Ozone Falls. Ozone Falls is a 110 foot waterfall that you can literally walk to the edge of and look over.

For the record I did win at golf, this time...

We hiked to the bottom of the falls and sat there for 2 hours. What was wild was that as we were hiking down a whole bunch of people were leaving and there was 2 other guys hiking down. They were carrying an indian drum and a guitar. Turns out they were fairly talented musicians. They sat up behind the waterfall in a natural theatre and the acoustics were awesome. We ended up being the only ones down there the entire time. Tracy said if she hadn't of known better she would have thought I hired them. It was that nice.

Here is a couple of pictures. This one is looking up at the falls from where we were sitting. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Here is Tracy sitting bottom left and you can see the guys playing in the back middle.

If you are ever traveling through middle TN this is a must visit!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #2349
Derek Simonds

5 July 2011 Tuesday

Traveled to Bangor and got in a quick hotel workout.

D W/U
Treadmill @ 3.5 for 12 minutes

DB Incline 30 X 12, 50 X 12 X 3
C/U 5 X 4
Elbow rotation swiss ball planks 5 each direction X 3

DB Flyes 30,35,40 X 10
Feet elevated push ups X 10 X 3
Batwings 15 LB's X 6 X 3
Hamstring swiss ball curl + single leg lift and hold X 2 X 3

Tricep Pushdown X 12 X 4
Face Pulls X 12 X 4
DB Curls up to 40 X 7

Didn't pause much at all and was done in 45 minutes. Got a call while working out that I have a problem at one of our installs and needed to bag the rest of the workout. No worries as I was pretty much done already. Got calls made and situation under control. All good. Now a shower and off for some dinner.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #2350
Arien Malec

That waterfall is amazing! There's one in Maui that looks similar -- brings back fond memories from my honeymoon.
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote