Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #2751
Arien Malec

Good luck!
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #2752
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Malec View Post
Good luck!
Thanks Arien. I crushed the meeting and the project is moving forward. A little at a time but by golly we have momentum.

04 April 2012 Wednesday PM

BJJ Gracie Barra Maine: Trained hard with some corn fed boys who were buck strong. I really enjoyed my rolls and was able to hit some very cool sweeps and submissions. I am still dehydrated today.

05 April 2012 Thursday AM

Hotel room workout, bands and body weight.

Life is coming at me really fast right now. No complaints just not as much structure as usual. I am going to reevaluate what I am trying to accomplish over the next 60 days based on where my job is right now. I will know on April 16th but if this deal comes together I am going to be super busy up until August.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #2753
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Thanks Arien. I crushed the meeting and the project is moving forward. A little at a time but by golly we have momentum.
Nice
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #2754
Kevin Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
02 April 2012 Monday PM

BJJ Fundamentals: Worked all kinds of fun stuff tonight. Finished with taking the back and three chokes. Grappled a little with Rich and called it a night.

Tomorrow I am off to Detroit for the biggest meeting of my career. Should be fun. I love being in the game.
Congrats man!
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #2755
Arien Malec

Awesome on the meeting!
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #2756
Derek Simonds

Thanks guys. It has been a crazy couple of days. I got stuck in Portland Maine Thursday night. Flew home on Friday. Interviewed a couple of potential employees on Friday and then headed up to the academy.

6 March 2012 PM

BJJ Competition: Ended up being open mat and I grappled for 90 minutes with breaks. Great time on the mats.

7 March 2012 All Day

D W/U
DB Bench 35 X 15 X 4
Fat Man Ring Rowz X 10 X 4

I did a very physical advanced concealed carry class. This was with the same instructor that I did the shotgun class with last year. Lots of really cool drilling. I ended up shooting right around 500 rounds. The highlight of the class for me was the family protection stuff. We finished off the day by shooting out of our own cars. Quite interesting. I will post some pictures when I get them.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #2757
Derek Simonds

09 April 2012 Monday

D W/U
Foam Roll

Push Ups to 4" Box X 2 X 4
Reactive Box Jumps 20" X 2 X 4

Press 45 X8, 65 X 8 X 4
BB Rowz 45 X8, 65 X 8 X 4

Shoulder Raise, Front, Side and Rear 5 X 10 X 2
DB Shrugz X 40 X 10 X 2

DB FLoor Press 40 X 15 X 2
DB Curlz 20 X 15 X 2

Leverage Block Curlz X 12

My wife isn't sleeping good right now with her diet so I am not sleeping good. It seems I am consistently getting 7 hours of sleep. I need a little more then that. I am going to do everything I can to get some sleep this week.

I decided I needed to get back on a structured workout routine. I am back on the Juggernaut training system. This week I am doing lighter weights and working my way back in. I tried to sprint this morning but my right knee is still not feeling good. All in all a pretty good workout.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #2758
Derek Simonds

09 April 2012 Monday PM

BJJ Open Mat: Trained with Rich and Jeff. All I did was work position and go for submissions. Nothing set in stone I was mainly flowing off whatever they did. I stayed in the entire time and let them rotate out.

BJJ Fundamentals: Armbar sweep and butterfly sweep. I did get to play with one of the guys who was at the Braulio seminar this weekend and I learned some neat stuff.

BJJ Advanced: Learned a cool way to neutralize butterfly guard using a leg lock to mount. I ended up grappling 4 6 minute rounds and am pretty dehydrated right now.

I have periods both in the gym and in BJJ where I am in a supercompensation period. I feel like I am in one of those for BJJ right now. I am learning so much and my game is evolving so quickly. It is a lot of fun!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #2759
Derek Simonds

10 April 2012 Tuesday

D W/U
Foam Roll

BS 45 X 5 X 3, 95 X 5 X 3
DL 95 X 5, 135 X 5 X 3

Swings with fat gripz X 20 X 4

The back squat hurt my shoulder like an SOB. I played with hand positions but nothing was good. I am going back to FS Friday. Drat.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #2760
Allen Yeh

Just buy a safety squat bar, you know you want one....
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote