Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 05-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #2811
Yael Grauer

Good luck to Tracy!!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #2812
Derek Simonds

12 May 2012 Saturday ALL DAY

FS up to 185 X 2 x 2, 195 X 2

A whole bunch of other stuff and then we were off to the races for Tracy's competition.

Short version Tracy won Masters Bikini, Figure Novice and took second in Masters Figure to Mrs Figure Puerto Rico 2010. That division the winner earns their pro card in the IFPA. Can't really express how proud of Tracy I am. She went out there and crushed it with no real professional training. Just my google-fu and her hard work.

She is on the right in the dark blue bikini. This was Masters Bikini.

Here is the Figure Novice division. She is in the middle in the black suit.

And here is Masters Figure. She is second from right same suit as last picture. The girl to the left is the winner and who got her pro card.

I learned so much doing this with her. Bikini / Figure / Body Building is a completely different world and I have much more respect for it (at least the natural side) than I did in the past.

Again I am so proud of all the hard work Tracy did to get to this point. I also feel like we missed her peak but oh well what is done is done.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #2813
Arien Malec

Congratulations! Incredible, especially for her first competition!
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #2814
Allen Yeh

Congratulations, awesome placings!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #2815
Derek Simonds

Thanks guys!

Tracy watched the videos from her posing and has decided that it is all about how she stood. She was just as ripped as the winner just didn't pose as well. She also picked out a competition in IL in November that she wants to do.

It looks like I might be a Figure Husband, Gymnastics Dad and Baseball Dad for the foreseeable future. Jr has decided he wants to play fall baseball, Laney will be doing her first gymnastics competition in the fall and Tracy will be training for her next figure comp. Somewhere in there I need to get some BJJ in !

I woke up all kinds of sore today so decided it was going to be a recovery week. Sitting in the auditorium all day on Saturday played havoc with my back muscle that was already irritated.

14 May 2012 Monday AM

D W/U
Foam Roll

Press up to 95 X 3 X 4
BB Curlz 45 X 8 X 4

Stretching. Different directions and modalities for upper body.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #2816
Allen Yeh

Next time your training ADD hits and you want to lose some weight check out German Body Comp stuff from Charles Poliquin. He has the book on his site for like $9 or there is enough online I think to piece it all together, from his articles at T-mag to his own articles on his website. It's basically just supersetting or circuiting heavy multi joint exercises in the 8+ rep range and following tempo's for all of it for 3 or more sets. An example is last week for one superset it was cyclist back squats(like a back squat and a half) 30X0 for 6-8 reps, for 4 sets with neutral grip pullups 30X0. The tempos are just killer since it's just not something I have paid attention to.

Started 2 weeks ago and it's ass kicking and different from how I had trained in the last year+. Seeing some good results in just these last 2 weeks. Been on a big Charles Poliquin kick these last few weeks reading his older stuff again online. He has a lot of gems that I remember reading just never put into practice or I did it for a bit and stopped.

Will let you know how the other 4 weeks of training goes if your interested.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #2817
Derek Simonds

For sure keep me updated. I am always willing to try something different. I have always thought he had some great stuff just never tried any of it.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #2818
Derek Simonds

14 May 2012 Monday

BJJ Fundamentals: Prof Gustavo taught class and it was great. If I hadn't been so deep in the quagmire I would have stayed for the second class. As it was I needed to get home and get some work stuff knocked out.

Man life socked me in the stomach today. Just a horrible combination of work and family stress. Nothing I can't handle but boy howdy it makes for a miserable Monday and a long Monday night. I am running on fumes right now but have a pretty dialed in travel day Wednesday and Thursday.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #2819
Derek Simonds

15 March 2012 Tuesday PM

BJJ Open Mat: Worked for 45 minutes on bottom guard and passing open guard.

BJJ Fundamentals: Worked on some fun stuff from the standing guard pass to side control to mount to armbar. Nice transition and I should play with that more often.

16 March 2012 Wednesday AM

D W/U
Clean Garage for Time

FS up to 135 X 1 X 3
Bench up to 135 X 3 X 3

Nothing heavy just movement patterning.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #2820
Derek Simonds

17 May 2012 Thursday

Got up early and did a hotel room workout with bands. Hit a whole bunch of different movement patterns. Really focused on back and shoulders.

Spoke at the national field meeting for Infiniti. My topic was well received and I really enjoyed the time with the team and at the Four Seasons. When I finished with my talk I went ahead and worked out again. The gym was really nice and I did every DB exercise I could think of for upper body but with really light weight.

Once I got done with the workout I spent a very relaxing 20 minutes in the eucalyptus steam room. Wow I want one of those for my house.

It appears I have handled all of the crap from earlier this week and am hopefully back to my productive non ornery self.