Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #491
Derek Simonds

Wednesday April 9

Really, Really Really Dynamic W/U

BS 45 X 5, 95 X 5, 135 X 5, 185 X 3 X 4

1LRDL 26 KG X 5, 36 KG X 5 X 3

P/U 7, 7, 7, 7C, 7C
Bench 135 X 5, 170 X 5 X 4

Press 95 X 5 X 3
Row 95 X 5 X 3

I am getting closer to finding the right numbers for my rep scheme. This was a great workout today. Fast and Hard.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #492
Leo Soubbotine

Hey Derek,

Good news!

We'll be doing an inhouse WL meet instead of going out to the WL competition. We have to go to Atlanta, GA for the CF business seminar (5 day) on 27th and there's no way in hell I'll be doing a meet a day prior.

April 26th @ CF evolution 10 am - mini WL meet. We also got new t-shirts yesterday! All sizes in Blue black and grey (pic on our site in news).

No singlets necesary of course for our meet (and those bastards don't have any in Sports Authority local).

If yuo can make it let me know!
Leo Soubbotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #493
Derek Simonds

Friday April 11

Best hotel workout I have had in forever. I was out in LA for a couple of parties.

All upper body all supersetted.

DB Incline
Rocky Decline S/U's

PP
Pull Downs

Curls
Triceps Press Down

B/E
DB Rows

Fast and furious I was in and out in about 30 minutes. All the pretty muscles got a workout and I worked even worked the posterior chain a little.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #494
Derek Simonds

Tuesday April 15 Knoxville TN

D W/U

OHS 45 X 5, 65 X 5, 95 X 3 X 2, 105 X 3 X 2

DL 135 X 5, 225 X 5, 255 X 3 X 3, 305 X 1 X 2

P/U 7, 7, 7, 7C, 7C
PP 45 X 5, 115 X 5, 45 DB's X 5, 95 X 5, 47.5 DB's X 5

Bench 135 X 5, 165 X 5 X 4
Row 55 X 5, 60 X 5 X 3

Ok so I am in the middle of my P/U's and PP super set and I am on the P/U bar and this trainer walks over strips the weight off the bar I am using and has his client start using the bar and rack where I was. I walked back over and said hey man all my gear is on the floor right there just so you know. I wasn't trying to give him a hard time I just wanted him to know that my phone and wallet were there next to the rack. He says no problem do you want to work in with us. I said no I would use DB's.

I am sporting my Crossfit Evolution T-Shirt and as I am walking away I heard him explaining what Crossfit was and what he thought I was doing. As I came back again from P/U's he says where did you do Crossfit? I thought for a second and said all over the country. As I was thinking about it I realized that I have visited Crossfit gyms in all 4 corners of US, Portland, LA, DC and FL. He asked me if his description was accurate, which it was sort of and I replied that it was as good of a place to start as any. It was pretty funny as him and his client watched me rep out my P/U and PP set.

Great workout but I am still so smoked from my LA trip that I can hardly see straight.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #495
Derek Simonds

Wednesday April 16

D W/U
B W/U

This was more a get up and get moving technique workout than anything else.

SN 45 X 2, 61 X 2, 81 X 2, 95 X 1 X 5, 115 X 1 X 4

C&J 115 X 1 X 5, 135 X 1 X 5

And that is was all she wrote. I am having a terrible time getting back adjusted to EST. I will post some links to a couple of photo's from the party.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #496
Allen Yeh

At least he wasn't going "see he's cheating on his pullups..." heh.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #497
Derek Simonds

Funny that you say that. I was actually doing dead hangs in this rotation. Kipping comes back next cycle with hypertrophy.

I did throw a little kip in on the last one just for effect

Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #498
Derek Simonds

Thursday April 17

D W/U

BS 45 X 5, 135 X 5, 155 X 3, 190 X 3 X 4
Very pleased with the BS progress. Out of all the reps I only felt out of position on the the 3rd rep of the 3rd set other than that I was very happy.

RDL 185 X 5 X 4

Press 95 X 5 X 4
P/U 7, +30 X 1 X 3, +35 X 1

DB Incline 65 DB's X 5 X 4
BB Row 100 X 5, 6, 7, 8

Everything felt really really good. I am still tired and had a hard time getting up but once I was moving felt great. I think I am going to shoot for reps with 200 next week on the BS.

Today was one of those days where you just feel strong. I always welcome them when they happen.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #499
Derek Simonds

I mentioned some photos from the party. Here are a couple of links and a picture of my wife with the actress from that 70's show.

www.globephotos.com/dynevent-action-nl.do?eventid=311820&orderby=asc&hmessage=GRANT+CA RDONE%27S+50TH+BIRTHDAY+CELEBRATION+%26+BOOK+LAUNC H+PARTY+FOR+%22SELLING%3A+THE+SECRET+TO+SUCCESS%22 +PRIVATE+LOCATION%2C+HOLLYWOOD+HILLS%2C+CA++04%2F1 2%2F08

http://www.wireimage.com/ItemListing...=312646&nbc1=1

Sorry I couldn't remember how to make the links look pretty. I googled it and tried what I found and it didn't work.

Stan Lee is a pretty cool dude.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #500
Arden Cogar Jr.

It is so cool to meet another Orangutan Human. I'm 5'10" and I'm sporting a 76+" wingspan. Couple that with weighing 255 and I may be diagnosed as more of a silverback Human.

You are a heckuva lot leaner than me. I'm a cow.

All the best,
Arden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
36 YOM, 6' 1", 185.5 LB's, Orangutan Arms with a 79" wing spread
BF % from an Ironman scale is 8.6% on athletic and 16.1% on normal person. I know that they are both wrong. My best WAG is around 12% I can see my abs but they are not standing out looking ripped and the only area on my entire body with any extra fat is right on my belly.
Arden Cogar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote