Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #511
Derek Simonds

Saturday April 27

Clean the garage warm up
B W/U

SN 61 Power X 3, 61 X 3, 81 X 3, 95 X 3 X 3, 115 X 1 X 3

C&J 115 X 3, 135 X 3, 155 X 1

Out of time.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #512
Derek Simonds

Sunday April 27

DL 155 X 5, 225 X 3, 275 X 3 X 4, 295 X 1 X 3

Bench 135 X 5, 170 X 5 X 4
BB Row 135 X 5 X 4

DL Really really is feeling good. I can feel it tonight in my back but man I keep moving forward. All my pressing elements feel so much stronger as well.

Huge corporate meeting this week starting Monday evening. I am going to workout Monday morning, Wed morning and hopefully Thursday morning.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:11 AM   #513
Derek Simonds

Monday April 28

D W/U

Squat 45 X 5, 95 X 5, 135 X 5, 165 X 3, 190 X 3 X 4
Shrug 65 LB DB X 12 X 4

P/U 7, 7, 7, 7C, 7C
Press 105 X 5 X 2, 105 X 4 X 2

RDL 195 X 5 X 3
Curl 25 LB DB X 10 X 3

As good as the pressing felt yesterday it felt tough today. I am amazed at what is happening with my squat and DL. The 190 was challenging but not hard, if that makes sense. I am definitely getting stronger in the legs. I am going to finish this week and rotate back to hypertrophy for the next 3 weeks.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:41 AM   #514
Derek Simonds

Wednesday April 30

D W/U
B W/U

SN 61 X 4, 81 X 4, 95 X 4

B/E + 10 X 10
S/U X 25
Plank X 45 Seconds
2 Rounds

I wasn't going to workout today but my wife wanted to get up and work out so I just kind of putzed around.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:44 AM   #515
Derek Simonds

Thursday May 1

D W/U
Foam Rolling

Incline Bench 40 X 5, 50 X 5, 65 X 5 X 4
Shrug 65 X 10 X 4
DB Row 65 X 5 X 4

Squat 45 X 5, 95 X 5, 135 X 5, 155 X 3, 195 X 3 X 4
Hammer Curl 30 LB DB X 10 X 3

I really can't believe what I am squatting right now. I am using the high bar back squat and going all the way into a2a.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:47 AM   #516
Derek Simonds

Friday May 2

D W/U
Foam Rolling

Press 45 X 10, 65 X 5, 95 X 5 X 4
P/U 7, + 35 X 1 X 3, + 35 C X 1 X 2, 7 C

DL 135 X 5, 225 X 3, 285 X 3 X 3, 305 X 1

The DL's were a little harder today. No 10 LB Jumps next week. Last day of my corporate meeting. I am toast. I have been presenting for 6 - 8 hours a day all week. All I have to do is make it through 2 hours this morning. Yeah

Old 05-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #517
Derek Simonds

Saturday May 3

I thought I had complete and total rest, but I didn't.

First day back at BJJ. All levels class that focused on using X- Guard for sweeps and submissions. I didn't stay and grapple as I am trying to ease back into it.

Sunday May 4

Swam 100 M's at the redneck resort and it felt great. I need to get swimming back in the plan.

Practiced Transitions with my sister for 1 hour in the 93 degree FL sun at 3:00. That was a riot. I got on my gear and we did everything from visualazation of the swim start all the way through the leaving T2. We got her total time down from over 4 minutes the first time to 2:24 the last time. I do miss triathlon. I don't miss the skinny thing that I had going on.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:56 AM   #518
Derek Simonds

Monday May 5

Back to Hypertrophy for three weeks then 1 week off.

HPC 45 X 3, 95 X 3, 115 X 3, 125 X 3 X 3

FS 95 X 7 (Don't ask), 135 X 10, 135 X 8 X 2, 135 X 6

Bench 135 X 10, X 8 X 2, X 6
DB Row 45 X 10 X 8 X 2, X 6
B/E + 10 LB's X 10 X 3, X 6

Russian Twist X 20 X 2
Plank X 30 X 2

Just couldn't muster up the energy to do P/U's today. I will hit them hard Wed and Fri. Here is the revised schedule for the next three weeks. Well as best as I can do based on my travel.

Monday AM: Hypertrophy
Monday PM: BJJ Fundamentals and Advanced

Tuesday: Off

Wednesday AM: Hypertrophy

Thursday PM: MMA and No Gi

Friday AM: Hypertrophy

Saturday AM: BJJ All Levels plus grappling

Sunday: OFF

The only concern I have is the Thursday night to Friday morning workouts. That one might be too touugh. I will see how that goes this week. The BJJ schedule is coordinated with Jr's gymnastics. That way I am not gone when the kids are at home. As Gant said so well I reserve the right to change this totally at any time, I also reserve the right to try and catch some classes during the day.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #519
Derek Simonds

Monday May 5 PM

Somehow I missed out on one of my favorite holidays of the year. Dang it! Oh well the Corona will still be cold this weekend.

BJJ Fundamentals

Nothing new here some good drills on scissors sweeps, and scissor sweep setup to armbar. We also drilled basic gi choke from the mount. My knee seems to be holding up fabulously.

Finished the evening with a 70 minute massage from my beautiful and talented wife. She is in the inbetween stages of having finished her certification but is waiting on the state for her LMT testing. She doesn't want to lose any of her techniques so I get massages for a while, YEAH. To help her grow her business she is giving away massages to people in the community and then handing them a 10% off coupon for when she opens her doors in June / July. We will see how the redemption process goes but so far looks to be a good pre=opening marketing strategy.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:56 AM   #520
Derek Simonds

Wednesday May 7

D W/U
Some B W/U

Hang Jump Shrug 95 X 5, 135 X 3, 155 X 3 X 2, 185 X 3 X 2

OHS 80 X 9, 80 X 8 X 2, 80 X 6
Press 80 X 10, 80 X 8 X 2, 80 X 6

P/U 8, 7, 7, 6C, 4C
GM 95 X 10, 95 X 8 X 2, 95 X 6

HJS NP with weight, thumbs were screaming from the hook grip by the end.
OHS felt really good except my right knee got really tight on the first set. Don't know why, no pain just a weird tightness throughout the entire joint. That is why I stopped at 9. The remainder of the sets were fine/
Press my shoulders are still extraordinarily sore. I think it is an adaptation process in my joints / ligaments as it isn't really muscle soreness.