Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 01-26-2009, 06:39 AM   #961
Derek Simonds

January 26 Monday

D W/U
EC Foam Rolling

5 Minutes of RKC Armbar and TGU's with 16 KG KB

BS 45 X 5, 95 X 5, 135 X 5, 195 X 5, 205 X 5 X 2, 235 X 1, 250 X 1 PR!!!

Press + DJ Lockout 45 X 5, 75 X 5, 105 X 5 X 3

DL From Jerk Boxes 135 X 5, 225 X 5, 275 X 5, 325 X 5 + 10 Second hold on last rep

Wow I am pleased with that 250! Great workout this morning even with making sure the kids were good to go. I have to give them credit they operated like a highly trained elite special ops force. Military precision and we had the timing down to the minute. No whining, everyone did their parts. Really an enjoyable experience. Now last see if we can do that 4 more days in a row....

Before bed last night both laid out what they were wearing to school.

Then Jr handled getting the oatmeal ready while I cooked perfect eggs.

Delaney handled their mid day snack by making some popcorn.

My only weakness might be in getting her hair under control.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #962
Allen Yeh

250 x 1! Nice!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #963
Derek Simonds

January 27 Tuesday

D W/U
Mobility

2 4 LB Hammer's
20 Side Swings
20 Roof Blocks + Strike
20 Iron Cross
20 Side Swings

B W/U

Power Snatch 45 X 5, 61 X 3, 81 X 3, 95 X 3

Power Clean 95 X 3, 145 X 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3
L Sit P/U + 10 LB's X 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3

Bench 45 X 5, 135 X 5, 190 X 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 135 X 10
Row 145 X 1, 1, 165 X 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 135 X 10

My workout partner hurt a muscle in his neck and was done somewhere around the beginning of the bench. He spotted me through the 6th set but then was just done. So I backed off and did a set of 10 to finish out. The 145 is a challenge on the PC's especially on the 3rd rep. I really have to focus to pull it properly.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #964
Derek Simonds

Ok even for me yesterday was a level of stoopidness that I haven't done before.

I got up at 3:45 AM went to the airport, flew to Toronto Ontario, had meetings from 1:00 to 4:30, realized there was a 7:00 PM flight home went back to the airport and flew home. I walked in the door last night at 2:03 AM.

I then got to sleep next to my wife for about 2 hours before she got up and headed to MI for a wedding we were all supposed to go to. Talk about two ships passing in the night.

I am going to give JR a big hug for having a meet this weekend. That saved us from all having to go to the cold white north. I just don't miss dealing with the cold and snow. Big Yuck! this what it looked like as I was leaving my meeting yesterday.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #965
Allen Yeh

I'll bet they don't even cancel school for that in Toronto.

Here they had 3-5" on Tuesday and ice on Wednesday...closed all day on Wednesday, 2 hour delay on Thursday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGv8CWun3s
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #966
Derek Simonds

Saturday January 31

D W/U
Mobility

2 4 LB Hammer's
20 Side Swings
20 Roof Blocks + Strike
20 Front Swings
20 Iron Cross
20 Hammer Time
20 Side Swings

Freaking hard!

BS 45 X 10, 95 X 10, 135 X 10, 155 X 10, 135 X 20

Ok so all that talk about 20 rep squats is for real. I was pretty much shot the rest of the workout.

Push Press 45 X 10, 95 X5, 135 X 3 X 3

Snatch Grip DL 135 X 5, 185 X 5, (added straps) 185 X 5, 205 X 5, 225 X 5 (PR not that I have ever really tried to max on these but this is definitely as heavy as I have ever gone)

And that folks is all she wrote for today. Another man down. My neighbor was on his 3rd set of DL's and just bent over to put the weight down without lowering his hips at all. Lets just say that he dropped the weight and went to the ground. He was so unhappy.

I just didn't have a ton of gas today to begin with and the 20 rep squats just took it totally out of me.

I am cooking a quick breakfast and the kids and I are off to Jr's 2nd meet of the year. We watched Lord of the Rings last night along with the tribute to Pehrides (sp), the only guy in the world who can do a Victorian Cross. That fired Jr right up.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 AM   #967
Leo Soubbotine

Danny Rodriguez?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #968
Derek Simonds

That would be the guy. I was remembering his middle name, kind of. Stayed up way too late watching the UFC last night. Phenomenal card. Absolutely one of the best I have seen in a while. Getting all the chores done so that I can get a workout in. I am calling my brother in law to see if he wants to lift since both my other training partners are down with injuries today.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #969
Derek Simonds

February 1 Sunday

D W/U

5 Minutes of 16 KG KB RKC Armbars and TGU's

2 4 LB Hammer's
20 Side Swings
20 Roof Blocks + Strike
20 Front Swings
20 Iron Cross
20 Hammer Time
20 Upswing / Circle Blocks (don't know what to call these)
20 Side Swings

Circuit
1a) FS 45 X 10, 95 X 5, 145 X 5, 155 X 5, 165 X 5, 185 X 1, 215 X F
1b) Press + DJ Lockout 45 X 5, 95 X 5 X 5
1c) P/U slightly wider grip than normal 3 X 6

2a) Bench 45 X 10, 135 X 5, 155 X 5, 175 X 5 X 2, 135 X 10
2b) Jump Shrug / Clean Pull 135 X 5, 155 X 5, 185 X 5 X 3, 135 DL X 10

Really nice morning and I think I covered pretty much every aspect. Horizontal and Vertical Push, Vertical Pulls, Explosive, Legs, P Chain Dominant. That pretty much sums it up. The only thing missing would be a horizontal pull but I felt like I was pretty good on the pulling today.

Tomorrow starts my contract work in Nashville. I will be on the 0 dark hundred flight out of Orlando. Going to be a long week. Should be an interesting 6 weeks.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #970
Derek Simonds

Just like Gant I picked up some nasty crap from the kids last week and I am paying for it this week. Worst part is I am 2 days in to a day presentation. Can you say no voice! I can't, but I can type it.....

Skipped to workout this morning in favor of 30 minutes in a scalding hot shower to try and get things loosened up. Might have to go to a medi center tonight as I can't take a chance that I am still sick next week when this whole thing goes live.