Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #31
Pierre Auge

hehehe yeah I'm not overly worried about it in fact I just put on a good show

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #32
Pierre Auge

9 May 07

WOD: ref. ccf blog

CFT:
BS 275-290-295
SP 135X-115-125
DL 295-310-315

Total: 735
Bodyweight: 146.8 (3 scale average - I like accuracy OK I have OCD)

X = scratch or miss

Garrett I've been going strict nutritionally as you suggested and feel pretty great though still only slightly congested. IF rocks by the way my lifts are doing great and even my cardio hasn't been affected very much - finishing most WODs in decent times...

Note: I am leaning out noticeably! BF%? Who gives a eff!

(due to shoulder injury shoulder dominant lifts are not doing great in fact they suck)

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #33
Troy Archie

How tall are you man?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #34
Pierre Auge

5'6"

Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #35
Pierre Auge

14 April 07

BS
225x3
255x3
260x3
265x3
265x2

SN
95x2
105x2
115x2
125x1
135x1
145x1

BW 145lb

I'm leaning out, my backsquats are feeling a bit tougher as a result but I'm starting a linear strength cycle this week.

M
BS
SN
L-Sit

W
DL
SP
PLU (weighted)

F
BS
CLN
RD (Ring Dip)

This was day 1. I'm not stopping my CrossFitting, it is going to as usual be thrown in whenever I feel like it. No change there as per usual.

I don't really have any specific goals as per usual, I just haven't done anything involving consistent linear progression for well over a year. (Save the snatch work I did from Feb to March but that was as varied and inconsistent as anything) Lets see what happens. IF rocks by the way!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #36
Eva Claire Synkowski

well, looks like you're back to bw sn in less than 21 workouts.

out of curiousity - what IF schedule are you following? are you timing the wod at the end of the fast - or is it all all over the place?
Eva Claire Synkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #37
Pierre Auge

With me its about as intermittent as it gets. Actually I like to lift in the morning while fasting or later in the evening after I eat. I'll do CrossFit whenever I feel like it. I just throw it in willy nilly, I like it that way.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #38
Pierre Auge

Hey Robb,
so about the fasting - Why would I get really hot after deadlifts mid fast? And I mean I my body temperature must have jumped a few degress because about 10 minutes after I finished I felt a sensation of radiant heat for several minutes.

It actually felt really good, all warm and fuzzy like.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #39
Pierre Auge

16 April 07

DL (I suck at heavy deadlifts when multiples of more than 1 are involved)
275x3
280x3
285x3
290x3
290x3

SP (I'm really trying hard not to hurt myself again)
65x3
75x3
85x3
95x3
100x3

Video

Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #40
Steve Shafley

DLs looked good, real good. Minimal rounding of both thoracic and lumbar spines. If you allowed some thoracic rounding, you will probably add 25# to your max. In your case, though, it's not necessary, since you aren't a powah liftah, nor do you play one on TV, so I wouldn't attempt to retrain that movement.

I think you are overemphasizing bringing your head forward in the press, though. Wasted movement and energy. I don't know if that's an artifact of your injury or not, but too much forward extension isn't really nice on the neck, especially when under load.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote