Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Daniel Lambert

Default Daniel Lambert - Road to NZSM 2014

I am a Strength Athlete from Auckland, New Zealand and am working towards my goals to win New Zealand's Strongest Man 2014 and compete internationally.

To promote myself and assist in my search for sponsorship I have created a Facebook page and YouTube channel;

www.facebook.com/DanielLambertStrengthAthlete
www.youtube.com/user/TheDanielLambert

I am going to work on posting weekly videos of training and continue to put up videos of my events too.
Daniel Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Daniel Lambert

Start the log off with some training updates from the week.

Trained some Log-Lift, Apollons Axle, Harness Pulls, Farmers Walks, Atlas Stones and Tyre Flip in the beginning of the week, technique felt real good, on point and am confident I will hit PBs at NZSM13.

Still some small things to work on here and there, as always, need to pick the Tyre from the floor quicker and work on fast small steps with the Farmers Walks as when I stride with anything above 100kg I lose balance and slow down.

Did some Deadlifts with hook grip on Tuesday night and worked up to an easy 220kg, that was great, I am really happy with that.

That's all for now, cheers
Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Daniel Lambert

Truck Pull at Automania 2013 was interesting. 8.5 Tonne Truck for 15m in 21 seconds. Need to work on my starts before NZSM13.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Daniel Lambert

Trained some Apollons Axle today, reps at 100kg and 80kg, then some squats, bench press, deadlifts and pulldowns.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Daniel Lambert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygXYr...e_gdata_player
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
Daniel Lambert

Trained some Log-Lift today with Danny and Mark, attacked 110kg a few times. Felt good, think the game plan for Log at NZSM will be open on 100 and then follow with 110, 115, 120, 125 and see what happens.
Last year I hit 120 at NZSM and 125 a few months later at the Fitness Expo, although I was a lot stronger on the Log-Lift then.

Also mucked around with Pull-Ups today, did reps at a bunch of different variations. Was fun, next time i'll get a video.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
Daniel Lambert

Trained some Apollons Axle, Atlas Stones and Log-Lift today and then did some Pulls, Chins and Dips. Hit a strict single with BW+50kg on all 3, really happy with that.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
Daniel Lambert

Light session today, Squats working up to a single at 200kg and some Bench Press with 7 seconds pause - 3x3-60kg. That is all.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
Daniel Lambert

Great session today, 5 days out from NZSM2013.

Trained with the guys at Matt's place, started off with 300kg Tyre Flip worked through 12 flips focusing on good technique, was really 3 sets of 4 with about 10-20 seconds rest in between.

Next up was some Farmers Walk with the 120kg weights, did 2 runs at 25m, felt really good, wanted to a run of 50m but decided to leave it with an optimal finish as 50m runs would have taxed my grip.

Then we did some 160kg Anvil Carry, beast of an event. Worked on some picks and then did 2 runs of about 25m, halfway through each run I stopped, lapped the Anvil and zerchered it back up. This method worked really well, competition day I am going to go as far as I can before my grip slips and then when it does, I will squat, lap, Zercher lift and reset my grip and hopefully get some more meters. Instead of just running till my grip slips.

Last up we did my favorite event, STONES! First I did a slow and steady run of all 5 stones, 101kg, 114kg, 126kg, 139kg, 155kg. I lapped each one and sat in the bottom of the squat with each stone for about 15-30 seconds, less for the heavier 2. Just feeling the weight and getting use to it. Second time round I went through the first 4 with some effort and then attacked the 155kg S.O.B. and then finished with some more picks of the 155kg on its own.

Very productive, will go in the gym at some point in the week and do some more light events and then probably rest from Wednesday till NZSM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #10
Daniel Lambert

Worked on strength feats today.

Tore up a phone book down the middle both ways and then I tore the halves down the middle. Tearing the halves was difficult.

Next up I crushed an Apple first time, and then after a couple attempts I crushed another Apple.