Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Fitness, Strength & CrossFit

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
Neal Winkler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 326
Default

Wowzers, 6.5 lbs? Dem is some wayyyy out of control genes there. Definately should put a stop to those.
Neal Winkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #12
Cassi_Nesmith
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30
Default

I spoke to a doctor early last week who told me only 2 out of 10 people are able/willing to keep to a diet. Wonder if that has anything to do with genetics?
Cassi_Nesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #13
Mike ODonnell
Senior Member
 
Mike ODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassi_Nesmith View Post
I spoke to a doctor early last week who told me only 2 out of 10 people are able/willing to keep to a diet. Wonder if that has anything to do with genetics?
Shame doctors think that way. Would be nice to have more that focus on lifestyle changes that last instead of thinking it has to be a diet....cause I agree, no one stays on a diet....it's the whole mental deprivation thing....but make it lifestlye changes, people have a chance.
__________________
Fitness Spotlight
The IF Life
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:39 AM   #14
Heather Lawrence
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Two Cents From Heather

Tradition says an angel promised Abraham that he would live a long life if he ate the biblical version of yogurt. He lived to be 175 years old!

Today, in parts of Turkey, Armenia and some of the more remote regions of the Caucasus Mountains, there is an unusually high number of very old people. Men and women often live well beyond 100 years while maintaining healthy, active lifestyles.

The reason is they eat plenty of yogurt. The longevity theory has never been tested on humans.

But when scientists with the US Department of Agriculture were researching the effects of yogurt on salmonella infections in mice, they discovered one astonishing side effect: the mice that were fed yogurt did more than beat the infection – they lived much longer than those that were not given yogurt.

Like Yogurt, there are 16 more foods which makes you healthy.

Heather
Heather Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
Robb Wolf
Senior Member
 
Robb Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Lawrence View Post
Two Cents From Heather

Tradition says an angel promised Abraham that he would live a long life if he ate the biblical version of yogurt. He lived to be 175 years old!

Today, in parts of Turkey, Armenia and some of the more remote regions of the Caucasus Mountains, there is an unusually high number of very old people. Men and women often live well beyond 100 years while maintaining healthy, active lifestyles.

The reason is they eat plenty of yogurt. The longevity theory has never been tested on humans.

But when scientists with the US Department of Agriculture were researching the effects of yogurt on salmonella infections in mice, they discovered one astonishing side effect: the mice that were fed yogurt did more than beat the infection they lived much longer than those that were not given yogurt.

Like Yogurt, there are 16 more foods which makes you healthy.

Heather
Wholly cliff-hanger batman! C'mon Heather! What are the other foods!
__________________
"Survival will be neither to the strongest of the species, nor to the most intelligent, but to those most adaptable to change."
C. Darwin

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
Mike ODonnell
Senior Member
 
Mike ODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
Wholly cliff-hanger batman! C'mon Heather! What are the other foods!
If Guinness isn't on the list then I call the whole thing flawed.....
__________________
Fitness Spotlight
The IF Life
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #17
Scott Kustes
Senior Member
 
Scott Kustes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
Wholly cliff-hanger batman! C'mon Heather! What are the other foods!
Tofu, Boca Burgers, Cocoa Puffs, pita bread, Pop Tarts (strawberry only), chocolate cake, Bud Light, Lay's Sour Cream n Onion chips, chili cheese fries, nachos (only if they have guacamole though), Krispy Kreme donuts, deep fried Snickers, Ramen noodles, McDonald's Big Mac, meatball sandwiches, and anything from Cold Stone Creamery.

Ok, so Google turned up this document with the text Heather posted: http://www.ladyjr.com/Books/17-Bible...-That-Heal.pdf Most of them would qualify as what most of us consider healthful.
__________________
Scott

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
Brad Hirakawa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 169
Default

"....But it's so easy to blame genes...they can't be seen, so how can they be overcome?"


I can see them and I can show you yours for a small fee.

Brad
Brad Hirakawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #19
Yael Grauer
Senior Member
 
Yael Grauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kustes View Post
and anything from Cold Stone Creamery.
You know, I went to Cold Stone about a month ago (under strict orders from a chiropractor) and I noticed that of all the people that walked in nobody was fat. Weird, huh?
__________________
http://yaelwrites.com
Yael Grauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #20
Mike ODonnell
Senior Member
 
Mike ODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yael Grauer View Post
You know, I went to Cold Stone about a month ago (under strict orders from a chiropractor) and I noticed that of all the people that walked in nobody was fat. Weird, huh?
so you broke in after hours and saw the cleaning crew??
__________________
Fitness Spotlight
The IF Life
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.