Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 04-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
Gary John

Default Nice pre-workout read

Shaf posted this link from Mark Twight, over at P&B:

http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=36

Gotta love it. Just getting to lift when I read this. Then I'm going to eat me some babies.
Gary John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Mike ODonnell

"Being more forgiving these days, I try not to criticize those who are doing their best with the limited knowledge they have, because they are trying, they are in the gym, they read what the so-called fitness intelligentsia put out, they are hopeful, and they are actually doing the work and not pretending it's anything other than what it is.

The guy who earns my scorn is the ass who tries to disguise his drooping belly with a baggy t-shirt and pushes his chest out whenever a girl walks by because he has convinced himself he’s “not like the rest.” He’s the guy who offers free advice about training just because he’s one step ahead of the poor guy who has to listen. And the most annoying pricks are the ones who say, “I’ve tried to get that ripped (muscular, lean, fit, fast, whatever) and I can’t do it so it’s impossible that anyone else can do it without chemicals.” Those who aren’t the real thing always find an excuse for their failings when confronted by the real thing. Or they cast the accomplishments of anyone further up the food chain as having been achieved by cheating. "

great stuff.........
Old 04-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
Derek Simonds

I enjoyed the read. To butcher a quote "Don't hate the player hate your lack of game".

Nothing irritates me more than having someone say "oh that guy he got there because of "fill in the blank" (genetics, looks, smarts, wait are we talking about me) I will never be able to accomplish that".

Gary you are right that is a great pre-workout read. It is your choice are you prepared to pay attention every second of every hour of every day to achieve your goals?

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Ron Nelson

I just keep wondering who he is alluding to.
He's right on many levels.

http://www.theartofdansilver.com/ron.html
Ron Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote