Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 PM   #11
Jordan Glasser

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...ner=jordache23

for the details of my food journal
Jordan Glasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
Jordan Glasser

again, breakdown of food eaten

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicj...ner=jordache23

ate from 10-5pm, will start a fast until noon tomorrow.

total cals for the day

Total cals: 3638
fat:280g
carb:102g
pro:205g
Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
Jordan Glasser

after a 19 hr fast.

feeding window of 6 hours:
Total cals:3433
fat: 305g
carb:81g
pro:126

details:

after my feeding window did some olympic lifting:
snatches, cleans, and clean pulls
felt good, but was pretty tight in my upper body from all the pull-ups I did in the WOD the other day....still hoping to losen up the back, chest and shoulders.

Felt relatively strong.

As far as my diet goes, it's been nice logging my food into fitday, and getting a readout of macronutrients. It's been overly apparent that I wasn't get anywhere near enough fat as I needed. What I need to figure out is how to get it all in without the use of nuts. Which I don't seem to digest very well. I will ask questions on the forum if I keep relying on them. I will try and get creative, but so far my fats have come from:
avocados
olive oil
walnut oil
coconut oil
almond butter
macadamia nuts.

details:
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #14
Jordan Glasser

after a 17 hr fast ate the following for friday august 3rd:
I worked out twice during this fast, once right after my last feed, mentioned above, and this morning at the end of the fast; squatted and did a metcon.

4.5 hour eating window today, the details are here:

cals:2917
fat:227 g
carb:92 g
pro:152g
Old 08-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
Jordan Glasser

on sat aug 4th:
feeding time 2pm-7pm.

here's what I'm noticing. If I keep my carb intake around 100 g, and my protein around 150 g (I weigh 160 lbs), I am needing a whole lot of calories from fat. It's seems too high for my body to handle. If I eat nuts, or rather get those calories from nuts, I know I'm not digesting them well at all. Even without that digestional feedback, I don't want most of my calories coming from nuts. So, I am reduced to olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados (suggestions are welcomed if you recommend other sources). That is a lot of oils to drink, and avocados to eat. It's not going over very well.
If I reduce the amounts of fats I take in, then I have no evergy for any metabolic workouts. It's like I've cornered myself here. I am forced to get around 2000 calories from fats. But can't seem to process that many for an extended period of time. I don't feel like I want to replace them with carbs....but I may have to give that a try and see.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #16
Jordan Glasser

Since October, every physical struggle has disapeared. Now, there are two major things that have changed in my life. I wish i knew which one fixed everything, because I just feel so damn good it's scary.

1st.
I switched to grassfed meats. There are times when I do eat the odd protein that was grainfed....but over 95% of the time it's grassfed. And, no more eggs. The jury is still not out on this one, but, I just can't trust what a good natural egg is, the products are so damn tricky!!

2nd
I quit my night job. So, I have a regular day/night cycle. And I have so much energy. I am definitely "Caught up" on sleep. It's possible I have all this energy because I am only doing my crossfit training, but, I believe it's more a sleep pattern issue.

All in all, I am getting PR's in all crossfit WOD's. I feel strong again. I can do hard workouts anytime, and I can do them again in the same day. Hockey has been "easy" for me. I feel so much faster then everyone out there. Sure, I get tired like everyone else, but am ready to go again so quickly.

I have been paleo/IF. but to be honest, it's like my macro's dont' even matter. I have been staying away from fruits, change of season over here. Mostly root veggies, and alot of fat. No nuts, mostly drinking olive oil. But again, it feels like I can do no wrong. It's scary. I plan on riding this wave for as long as I can. Getting 3-4 solid metcons per week. Squatting and olympic lifting 2/ week. And just playing around with movements, having a good time in the gym.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Jordan Glasser

It's january 2008, and another update is in order.

I've reached my ligthest weight in years. BF% is around 8. Previously 10%. It's very noticeable on my physique. WOD's have continued to be "easy". More PR's....13 rounds of mary was most probably the highlight.

Major diet changes;
Kombucha daily.
Hemp products. Protein & shelled seeds. The amount of zinc and magnesium as well as fiber is why I think it's been so effective. I've tried ZMA, and almost feel that hemp is the real food product of ZMA. powerful stuff.
Lastly, not trying to eat seasonally, and really monitoring pwo carbs when necessary. Although the whole debate about replacing PWO carbs, my work volume is much higher now then it ever is, hockey, snowboarding, crossfit WODS, and the odd Olympic lifting session. So, it's PWO carbs if I ever don't have a full tank for a workout, and otherwise a high PRO/Fat diet.

I think it's important to mention that it's been a long road. Meaning, I am close to a year eating only paleo foods. and only 3 months of grassfed meats. I feel as though the longer I eat this way, the more my body is doing what it is supposed to do. If there's a debate on how long it takes your body to eliminate the toxin from grains, I would have to say it's consistent with my introduction to grassfed meats, which is 3 months. Another important point is that I haven't been sick since I've been eating a paleo diet.

I am trying to get some blood tests done, once I do i will post the results!