Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 12-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #11
Pierre Auge

ok this is getting frustrating, last week I weighed in at 152lbs which I was pumped about.

No dice I just weighed in at 145lbs, on the same scale! I've leaned out and been eating like crazy lifting tons of weight and I've lost freakin weight. Thats absurd...

Ok last week I didn't really lift that much since the accident but I was still squatting regularly (everyday) with some good poundages...

160lbs is so close but oh so far away!!!
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Robb Wolf

You could have lost some weight from the impact trauma...you were squattitng heavy last week?! You might should take'er easy for a week or two.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #13
Pierre Auge

I would say I was squatting medium, and at very much lower volume.

In the previous weeks I was squatting between 225-235 for 10 sets of 3 and 185 for single sets of 20 reps.

This week I went down to 165 for single sets of twenty each evening. It was the only thing I could muster up to do!!! Because I didn't want to do nothing, I'm naturally lazy and that bugs me.

Though I must admit I put up 250 tonight because I'm stupid and really wanted to do the CFT. The only thing I couldn't do at intensity was the deadlift as any of the pulling muscles of my uper torso are completely done for.

I cant do pull-ups either... Its going to take some time to get them back into action I take it. SO I figure I may have given her too much but I did cut back considerably from the previous weeks.

Anyhoo I'm not dead yet, and thats a good thing!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
Pierre Auge

Default Robb, Greg need some advice...

I'm broke (don't try it!)

So I've done some math and found I can afford the following grocery list:
5kgs Lean Ground Beef
4 Dozen Eggs
1.7kg Beef Livers
1 jar of Horseradish

1497 total grams of protein.
48 total grams of carbs.

My daily protein requirement is at about 98 grams per day at my current activity level. I'm looking at doing the following for the sake of survival:

1 meal per day (at around 16:00hrs/4:00pm)
Lean Ground Beef - 250grams (50grams protein)
4 eggs - 200 grams (28grams protein)
Beef Liver - 106grams (21grams protein)

Total at 99grams Protein Works out pretty well. Now since I can't really afford any carbs I'm thinking that I'm just going to say screw it and try this out for the next 4 weeks because it will last me at least until the end of the month... Also since I'm limiting my activity for the next little bit in order that I recover fully from my incident with the fried chicken delivery car, the non existant carbohydrate level shouldn't kill me, I think, maybe.

I'm going to make some beef/liver & horseradish stew in my slow cooker and hard boil the eggs on the side.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, complaints, reasons to call me a nut go ahead and share. I am going to track my experiences as best I can and hopefully learn some valuable insights on diet and why money is important within the confines of western society....
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #15
Robb Wolf

Looks good! Do we need a Pierre fund raiser?

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #16
Pierre Auge

Day 1 - Felt like any other day when I fast, had a mild headache until I drank about a gallon of water then I was fine. Walked about 4 miles across the city to make an appointment and the appointee never showed, oh well. Walk 4 miles back to the bus station.

It's not that bad really I just like to complain because I have nothing better to do. I started working part time for the local Army Reserve Unit and because its government I wont get paid for a month or so. I've got some interviews for a part time armed security job (somehow everything always comes back to guns with me, I can't get away ) which should pay really well actually...

I've also started working on an agreement with the same Reserve Unit to use their Drill Hall (similar to a HUGE gymnasium with concrete floors) right in downtown Ottawa to start teaching regular Boot Camp Fitness Classes. I'm hoping this is the break I need!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #17
Yael Grauer

Are you getting any vitamin C at all? Pine needle tea is yummy and free (steep don't boil!) and you can buy like dried nettles or something for cheap for the chlorophyll...
Old 12-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #18
Pierre Auge

Vitamin C is for pussies!

I'm just meesing with ya Yael, no I'm sure I'm not getting any Vitamin C but I actually feel very good at this point.

Actually dudes if worse comes to worse I might ask someone to sponsor me for a visa, or Yeal hey maybe you can help me out here can anybody say green card?

lol again just playing with ya!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:36 PM   #19
Yael Grauer

Hey, I've got more herbs and supplements lining my cupboards than I know what to do with!! I've got some connections... I would gladly send you powdered vit C, nettle tea, dried fruits and veggies, etc. or anything else you need-but you'd have to spell my name right, and promise to send me some smoked BC salmon once you're liquid again.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
Pierre Auge

Thanks Yael, but I think I'm good...

Well, I know I'm good I'm just not very smart!

I also spend too much time on my computer not actually doing anything productive... I need to get out of this rut geeze its killing me!

Oh I almost forgot, DAY 2 IF:
Had my meal, it was simple but it was good, I will hopefully be able to sleep tonight - something I have not done in about 3 days, maybe 5, not too sure at this point all I know is that the nights are getting longer, and my circadian rythms are ENTIRELY SCREWED! Oh and moderate seasonal depression has onset.

All good stuff, why I share this stuff on a public forum I don't know.