View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
sarah james

Default Nutrition for olympic weightlifting vs crossfit

Hello, I am relatively new to training for olympic weightlifting on its own..as I began in crossfit. I weigh 59kg and have eaten semi paleo for about 3 years now. I never consume sugar or flour. I consume small amounts of certain types of dairy. I shoot fro 1800-2200 calories a day, not counting religiously. I am wondering since I have not seen much strength gains in the last few months if I should somehow adapt my diet to olympic lifting rather than how I've eaten while I was participating in crossfit. A typical day for me is like this: 6 eggs for breakfast. Lunch-half a sweet potato and 6 ounces of chicken. Snack-protein bar. Dinner-1 1/2 cups greek yogurt with fruit and nuts. Snack-banana and peanut butter

I am wondering if I should increase protein, carbs..calories overall?
I am also concerned as I wish to stay in the 58kg weight class as to me gaining too much weight. So I am unsure how weightlifters consume enough food to see strength gains, yet maintain a weight class? Maybe moving up to the 63kg weight class would be a better idea for me in the long run, but for now..I am much closer to the 58kg class.
sarah james is offline   Reply With Quote