Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Olympic Weightlifting (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Olympic Weightlifting Book - Pre-Order (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2757)

Greg Everett 07-25-2008 10:15 AM

Olympic Weightlifting Book - Pre-Order

The new book can be pre-ordered now. Expected ship date is Sept 15th.

http://www.cathletics.com/zen/images...rScreen300.jpg

Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches is the most comprehensive and practical book available on learning, teaching and performing the Olympic lifts for athletes of all disciplines. Progressing logically from start to finish, the book covers every aspect of learning and training with both the simplicity necessary for the novice and the complexity desired by the more advanced. Contains more than 50 supplemental exercises and over 600 photographs.
(300 pages)
  • Learning Progressions
  • Supplemental Exercises
  • Fault Correction
  • Flexibility Training
  • Nutrition & Bodyweight
  • Program Design
  • Recovery Management
  • Equipment & Facility
  • Competition
“I have purchased dozens of books over the past fifteen years on topics ranging from martial arts to elements of gymnastics and weightlifting. Most contain some useful information; however, few make the yearly cut when I weed through my bookshelf to make room for new material. Why? I can't look back at these books, year after year and find something new every time I open the page. This is not the case with Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches. Everett’s book is unique in that it is concise, yet thorough. Anyone from a raw beginner to the elite level competitor will find something new in this book every time they open its pages. Everett’s strengths are his attention to detail and intelligent, accessible progressions. You will love this book, and it will never end up at the used bookstore.”
Robb Wolf, NorCal Strength & Conditioning

Jacob Rowell 07-25-2008 10:56 AM

Said and done, as of a few minutes ago. (Along with the poster set!)

Really, i've been looking forward to this since I heard you would be writing a book. Starting Strength was for me, extremely beneficial. There's been an absence of weightlifting information that's comparable in terms of both accessibility and depth. So often I find that I know what a good lift looks like, how to get others working towards that goal. But, it seems that I'm usually wondering why certain techniques are the most efficient, as well as the little details which make all the difference (such as the pointers I picked up on the difference between the DL and clean/snatch starting position - makes quite a bit of sense now but I didn't know the difference and certainly couldn't articulate why it would be different).

Now we just gotta wait!

Blair Lowe 07-27-2008 08:14 PM

Very cool, this to go along with your DVD sound like excellent resources for someone who can't find instruction or throw down for the seminar/cert.

Greg Everett 08-05-2008 10:01 PM

“Simply the best book available on Olympic weightlifting. It took me years to acquire the information included in this book. Greg has ... compiled in one book the current accepted views and practices of today's elite lifters and coaches.”
-Don Weideman, Vice President Pacific Weightlifting Association

Anthony Bainbridge 08-07-2008 06:09 PM

I'm excited to get my hands on this book!

Greg, I want to pre-order, but I also want to grab a few other items and have them shipped together to save $$. Can your system do that or will it have to ship separately?

Greg Everett 08-07-2008 09:10 PM

Anthony -

I can just make a note to hold your order until everything's in stock. Shoot me an email when you place the order and I'll take care of it.

Gant Grimes 08-08-2008 03:53 PM

+1.

Will there be before/after pictures of thin and fat Greg?

Welcome to PM, Anthony.

Leo Soubbotine 08-19-2008 10:32 AM

I'll be ordering both the book and Snatch/C&J posters!

Justin Algera 08-20-2008 09:18 AM

Will be preordering as well. The dvd is great and can't recommend it enough. Will the book be much different than the materials that were sent for the seminar?

Greg Everett 08-20-2008 11:11 AM

Justin -

The seminar materials are directly from the book - about 100 pages of 300. So there's plenty more in the book. The course materials cover the learning progressions of the lifts only; the book goes into more detailed info on the lifts, as well as a number of other subjects.